HWBOT Community Forums

Classified 980 problems?

Lays

I just finished my custom loop for my 980 Classified, and I'm trying to use Kingpin's XOC BIOS "ClassyXX" off his forums, and when I boot into windows with that BIOS, as soon as my nvidia driver starts, the screen turns off/on/off/on/off/on and eventually never turns back on, and I have to restart and use a different BIOS for it to work properly.

Also, when I use "Classified tool" or Precision X's "Overboost" feature to add more voltage, it crashes my driver as soon as I put a load on the GPU. (even on stable clocks with stock volts, if I add more volts to that clock, it crashes driver)

I really want to do some XOC on water now that I have this all set up and working, but IDK how to fix these issues I'm having.

On the KPC forum thread, he mentions drivers will crash sometimes with software voltage control, but he never mentioned how to fix it. I assume it's a driver issue? I saw some mentions of "use 337.xx" drivers, should I try that first?

I have the 3988 SKU of the 980 Classified, driver # 344.75

Also if this helps, I have a 1080mm radiator and load temps in benchmarks are ~30-32c at 1600 mhz on core / 8710 mhz on memory stock volts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Edited by Lays

3988 SKU is not compatible with that BIOS if I remember correctly, I think it was only for SKU 2988

Yeah i cant get it to work, tried everything i can think of.

I still can't get software voltage control not to crash my driver under load, tried 6 different drivers and 3 different bios, only other thing i can think of trying is a fresh windows install.

should I just copy all the values from that BIOS into my Ln2 BIOS and flash it?

Or are there things maxwell BIOS tweaker can't edit, that are changed in the XOC bios from kingpin? Thx for the help BTW!

Edited by Lays

There is no work around for the 3988 SKU that I am aware of.

Dam, do you happen to know how to fix my software voltage control issues?

I really don't have like 200-300$ to spend on an evbot to try and see if that fixes my issues.

Dam, do you happen to know how to fix my software voltage control issues?

I really don't have like 200-300$ to spend on an evbot to try and see if that fixes my issues.

I don't know how to be any clearer than this, there is no work around for the 3988 SKU that I am aware of.

Your best information will likely come in the EVGA Classified GTX 980 thread you posted in at KPC forums.

I don't know how to be any clearer than this, there is no work around for the 3988 SKU that I am aware of.

Your best information will likely come in the EVGA Classified GTX 980 thread you posted in at KPC forums.

Oh sorry I thought you were only talking about the XOC BIOS, not the voltage control. My apologies.