HWBOT Community Forums

TerraRaptor - Pentium 3 800Mhz EB s370 @ 1314MHz - 1min 24sec 31ms SuperPi - 1M

Kotori

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rugerro, post your mems first. I cannot share chips at the moment as they were discovered by GraduS and he has all rights to share this info to public. As Italians didn't share this info to him he had to put lots of money into research to find the chips himself - it is not us to sandbag first.

Trodas, 3.5v only - voltage is not a key. Scaling depends on motherboard mostly - vnb, slot selection rules. Both sticks go almost the same clocks (+/- 2mhz) 1:1.

I've killed the motherboard already so I have to check other motherboards.

Rugerro, post your mems first. I cannot share chips at the moment as they were discovered by GraduS and he has all rights to share this info to public. As Italians didn't share this info to him he had to put lots of money into research to find the chips himself - it is not us to sandbag first.

Trodas, 3.5v only - voltage is not a key. Scaling depends on motherboard mostly - vnb, slot selection rules. Both sticks go almost the same clocks (+/- 2mhz) 1:1.

I've killed the motherboard already so I have to check other motherboards.

ruggero =/= italians

http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=99716

RUGGERO what mem you use when 200 2-2-2-7-9?

I find the book,ram was kingmax pc 150

1)170/175 2 2 2 7 9 on air 3,90 volt 1m

2)190/195 2 2 2 7 9 with cpu on ln2 and ram on "air"* 3,90 volt 1m

3)200/202 2 2 2 7 9 with cpu and ram ln2 3,90 volt 1m around -80°

*The cpu pot cools also the ram,I think ram as around -30°.

I think this is share information,is not? ;-)

What does mean "Italian"?

Do you mean gigio?

Anyway there are no written rules that says that we need to tell all our information to everyone. There are information that are secret is only competition! Do you think Lewis Hamilton want to share his car's settings to rosberg?

I don't think so...

You just don't know what was oldschool overclocking about - just ask yourself:

1. Why Japanese are so strong here even these days (check number of overclockers and the position of Japan in country rankings)

2. Why hipro5 sharing tons of info is still known to anybody in the community although he is out from hobby for years already?

When you don't share key information with the community it makes the community static. Just ask yourself why we have a lot of interesting topics from XA, der8auer? Does it make their position within rankings worse - nope. I remember lots of input done to Kazakh overclockers from Russians, Ukrainians. I have a lot of kind words to Turrican, Wizerty, Maedhros etc.

Competition should be a result of overclocking not "secrets". Sharing such tweaks as d3d, waza, catzilla tweak - isn't this what makes the whole community to reach new heights?

I am not agree with you..

I think that this is not the right place to talk about these things

Anyway If you think this about overclocking and collaboration between people, the main aim of HWBot will have no sense.

Overclocking is an hobby a good way to spend my free time and i really love talk about hardware world

Competion is good to improve our skills this does not means that there aren't communication between HWBot guys but only that not all have to get on!.

For example I really like ludek (his scores and his team) i spoke with him several times ( i want to create an account on his forum)

And why? I don't know maybe because is more kind and generous than other people

But this is not "Italian main" this is my aim

See you soon

Edited by Stermy57

I completely agree, that sharing information helps comunity as whole. I completely despise guys, who claim that their scores are "because of their tweaks" unbeatable, when all what they did was just cheating. I mean... Rage 128 Pro doing 185fps in 3DMark 99 "3D person shooter" game 2 test? You gotta be kidding me that this is because of "tweak." That is BS. The card really did not have such power at all, even paired with X6800 Extreme CPU at 3.4GHz it cannot get over 52.5fps no matter what (150/170MHz).

If anyone want seriously suggest, that a 155/166MHz clocked Rage 128 Pro can do 117.6fps there, then he damn well better show these "tweaks", or have get banned for cheating...

But that is for different thread to start... (there: http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?p=399955 )

Except sharing direct code/executable (for example I get the idea, that the PCMark04 grammar test could be made to run on multiple cores (and even utilize them for great gains!) by blocking the shared cache after the call for the test is made... so when executable is made, then sharing it will be probably going too far, but spelling out the idea is IMHO a good thing for others to catch on...) I would consider not sharing informations as too secretive and harmfull for society.

I was just recently read that something like waza exist! I was thinking that benching is about the HW, not that much about SW :)))

But I learn that I could get better results by just setting realtime priority to SuperPi and ending explorer task (not to mention having optimized windows counts as well)... but not for all benches. PCMark 04, for example, get worser when running on maximum priority, because the tests of other programs will suxx then...

So I completely agree that THIS IS THE PLACE to discus these things, even that some I would call almost cheating (tweaking D3D settings for 3DMark to run better) and I do not use them.

Edited by trodas

I completely agree, that sharing information helps comunity as whole. I completely despise guys, who claim that their scores are "because of their tweaks" unbeatable, when all what they did was just cheating. I mean... Rage 128 Pro doing 185fps in 3DMark 99 "3D person shooter" game 2 test? You gotta be kidding me that this is because of "tweak." That is BS. The card really did not have such power at all, even paired with X6800 Extreme CPU at 3.4GHz it cannot get over 52.5fps no matter what (150/170MHz).

If anyone want seriously suggest, that a 155/166MHz clocked Rage 128 Pro can do 117.6fps there, then he damn well better show these "tweaks", or have get banned for cheating...

But that is for different thread to start....

Do you refer to this: http://hwbot.org/submission/2496046_stermy57_3dmark_99_max_rage_128_pro_14078_marks

If your answer is yes give me really evidence of your supposition

First I can do it again.. Twice even 100 times my scores will be the same!

Your are not the first that says that my score are not tweaked but cheating...

You have wrote that even an extreme X6800 can't reach 177fps on game 2 but you don't know that 3DMark99 is old, support only 3DNow and MMX code runs better on win98 and 2000...

Even this I think is good

http://hwbot.org/submission/2248070_drswizz_3dmark_99_max_rage_128_pro_21447_marks

So I completely agree that THIS IS THE PLACE to discus these things, even that some I would call almost cheating (tweaking D3D settings for 3DMark to run better) and I do not use them.

I wrote that this is not the right place because this is only a submission's comment!

If you want we can open a new thead

Edited by Stermy57

Sure, I will install Win2k with biggest pleasure... and can use DX 8.1 or DX 9.0c and we see, who is cheating :) Or how the score change! I have nothing against you, if you did not cheat :)

(BTW, this is lame excuse, because all the possible effectivity difference is erased by brute force of X6800 GPU at 3.4GHz...)

And he wanted to discuss in THIS thread only the reasons why holding back on some of the tips, nothing else. Not to discuss specific submissions, but to discuss specific ram chips/types that are capable of 2-2-2 at past 200MHz marks. That is something interesting for everyone, I bet.

When i serch normal mem i spend tons of money. Then Gigio post his results we all ask him for mem, but he give as not correct info special. He always know what chip he use, and he dont give us information. Then i found same mem as he, thx to his fotos....now ppl like STERMY57 make rig fotos with diff mem, and then put normal mem for bench...dat very haha. http://hwbot.org/submission/2665876_stermy57_superpi___1m_pentium_3_800mhz_eb_s370_1min_26sec_735ms

Now i dont give any information to Italian team aboyt s370. I give info about mem to Raptor bcz now he can beat nabs italian results. I think i can give info in pm to normak mens, but not Italian ppl.

I think i can give info in pm to normak mens, but not Italian ppl.

Don't punish all Italians, pls. That is bad. Ther are good Italians I trust, check the thread there: http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?p=399955

So for few bad apples did not throw them all away. IMHO scores with different mems pictured that used should be discarded, when we talking about first 3 places in the world. It happens, that one can use older pictures of rig, when changing items... but this is IMHO not permisible for WR.

I don't consider cheating as normal. I can understand the need to "feel better that the others", yes, but go to the point of lying to yourself? Nah. Either I'm better, can mod, tweak and get higher score (or go thru plenty of rams/CPUs and boards to find the "golden ones"), or I'm just not. That it is.

If you spot cheat, please report cheater. I believe that the competition is about reaching real speed, not imaginated.

Sure it is not hard to bench with, for example, GeForce 2ti and pass the result as ATI Rage 128 Pro. But keeping that results in database is 1) insulting real benchers 2) it does damage on users, who cannot understand, how others get such results, when they - even when get to same clocks - cannot even get close to, much less get match or surpass.

And I could do even better job that some cheaters do :) I will, for one, not do the mistake as to put higher FPS wher they are lower (Game 1 vs Game 2 test in 3DMark 99, for example) and I will never forget to match the test results - eg. when the selected tests mark some, they will have to be run (and they are not in the 1st 3DMark99 score on Rage 128 Pro: http://hwbot.org/submission/2248070_ ...so I think I could go way better job at cheating that these poor souls, lol.

But maybe I'm entierly wrong and they do not cheat and I just overlook something? :) Dunno :) So I could use your opinion and advices there ;) I don't want to see cheaters running rampant there.

Sure, I will install Win2k with biggest pleasure... and can use DX 8.1 or DX 9.0c and we see, who is cheating :) Or how the score change! I have nothing against you, if you did not cheat :)

(BTW, this is lame excuse, because all the possible effectivity difference is erased by brute force of X6800 GPU at 3.4GHz...)

I saw that with 3DMark99 and Rage 128 Pro, you reached 5000 points

Now this not means that all other guys cheated to reach 10000.

Second points

Will you use your X6800 with AsRock 775i65G rev 3.0 with win98?

Really? If you will use this platform, you will fail

Now you have to choose a good platform than you have to tweak OS and win98 is hard to tweak...

Even ATI Rage's driver are terrible!

You have to try lot of them...

Ps: Some ftp server now are down

And he wanted to discuss in THIS thread only the reasons why holding back on some of the tips, nothing else. Not to discuss specific submissions, but to discuss specific ram chips/types that are capable of 2-2-2 at past 200MHz marks. That is something interesting for everyone, I bet.

You started to talk about another submission.

Edited by Stermy57

When i serch normal mem i spend tons of money. Then Gigio post his results we all ask him for mem, but he give as not correct info special. He always know what chip he use, and he dont give us information. Then i found same mem as he, thx to his fotos....now ppl like STERMY57 make rig fotos with diff mem, and then put normal mem for bench...dat very haha. http://hwbot.org/submission/2665876_stermy57_superpi___1m_pentium_3_800mhz_eb_s370_1min_26sec_735ms

Now i dont give any information to Italian team aboyt s370. I give info about mem to Raptor bcz now he can beat nabs italian results. I think i can give info in pm to normak mens, but not Italian ppl.

You are incredible man...

First point

I have used the same photos because I am lazy

So I didn't want to do again photos for the same platform so I decided to put the same photos

This does not means that I want to cheat!

Second point

You aren't god man

I don't need your info ;)

This is not Italian aim...

Edited by Stermy57

U used this photos bcz italian team dont wont share info, u think its help u in bench and medals here.

But if u have good mem its not the same that u good overclocker. Give that system to me and i make better result, thats all about overckloking.

Hwbot about medals, but medals its nothing. Hwbot not overclocking, many ppl go away and lost interest.

Edited by gradus

U used this photos bcz italian team dont wont share info, u think its help u in bench and medals here.

But if u have good mem its not the same that u good overclocker. Give that system to me and i make better result, thats all about overckloking.

Hwbot about medals, but medals its nothing. Hwbot not overclocking, many ppl go away and lost interest.

Ahahahah man

Are you envious of a clocker who use only air cooling with no name that can beat you?

Our scores talk for us!

Now everyone can read your words...

Edited by Stermy57