HWBOT Community Forums

Taiwan Transition: the latest step

Massman

Hey all,

This isn't an official message from HWBOT, but I wanted to fill you guys and gals in on the latest step in transitioning HWBOT from a project of a Belgian company to a standalone Taiwanese company. We officially moved headquarters to Taiwan last November, so we're in our third quarter of business.

The the first two quarters our focus was mainly on getting OC-ESPORTS up and running properly (remember how slow it used to be?) and establish the World Tour platform and events. After our third and final event of the year at Computex, we slowed down a bit internally and focused on finding a solution for the pace of feature and site development. In that respect I want to update you on two things.

1) We are a signature away from partnering with a Taiwan based development team. This team will take care of all future development of the HWBOT engine and the sites it's powering (HWBOT.org and OC-ESPORTS.io).

2) We are revising the development roadmap to determine which features have higher and lower priority.

Frederik and Dennis have moved to a different project. Note that Frederik will still be actively involved with the development of HWBOT, be it in a less direct way.

I don't want to make too many promises related to which features we will work on and what time frame we're looking at, hence this unofficial thread. I do want to say that our first priority is to build an API for you to use on your own sites and portals to promote your overclocking scores/rankings/results. Long-term we want to be more transparent and communicative about our feature roadmap, but please have some patience as we figure out our new workflow patterns with the new devs.

Keep you posted!

Pieter.

Hey all,

This isn't an official message from HWBOT, but I wanted to fill you guys and gals in on the latest step in transitioning HWBOT from a project of a Belgian company to a standalone Taiwanese company. We officially moved headquarters to Taiwan last November, so we're in our third quarter of business.

The the first two quarters our focus was mainly on getting OC-ESPORTS up and running properly (remember how slow it used to be?) and establish the World Tour platform and events. After our third and final event of the year at Computex, we slowed down a bit internally and focused on finding a solution for the pace of feature and site development. In that respect I want to update you on two things.

1) We are a signature away from partnering with a Taiwan based development team. This team will take care of all future development of the HWBOT engine and the sites it's powering (HWBOT.org and OC-ESPORTS.io).

2) We are revising the development roadmap to determine which features have higher and lower priority.

Frederik and Dennis have moved to a different project. Note that Frederik will still be actively involved with the development of HWBOT, be it in a less direct way.

I don't want to make too many promises related to which features we will work on and what time frame we're looking at, hence this unofficial thread. I do want to say that our first priority is to build an API for you to use on your own sites and portals to promote your overclocking scores/rankings/results. Long-term we want to be more transparent and communicative about our feature roadmap, but please have some patience as we figure out our new workflow patterns with the new devs.

Keep you posted!

Pieter.

A couple questions, just because I'm curious.

How much partnership?, and does Frederik still own 100% of the HWB source code?

I do want to say that our first priority is to build an API for you to use on your own sites and portals to promote your overclocking scores/rankings/results.

Yipppeeeeeee !

There's already an API but buggy has hell.

Plz keep it as simple as a REST service. Don't wanna mess with fat XML.