CB R15 4900 at 1.41Vcore

Cooled by loose Noctua DH 15

6700K L520C033

VID 1.326

CB R15 4500MHz at 1.25

CB R15 4700MHz at 1.34

CB R15 4800MHz at 1.46

4900MHz non bootable not even at 1.55Vcore

quickly tested this CU under cold to get a feel 5400CB at 1.488Vcore full pot... 5300 was smooth sailing at 1.4Vcore at -120

Edited by Leeghoofd

Absolutely will, just got home now, going to sit down and have another go!

If it is indeed a dud its going on eBay and replacement ordered. It will only hold back my shiny new EVGA SC 980Ti

EDIT: Just put a 6700K order in again, will arrive with me tomorrow. Gone with a different distributor this time.

Edited by peazz

It's currently on a Corsair h110Gt I am reviewing, temps under 70*c. Will pull the custom loop off my sandy at some point but not worth it on my benching rig.

For testing, XTU, Aida and SuperPI 32m.

I am just benching some ram for an article and I'll give it a go again.

EDIT: So, after benching these Ripjaws 4 I went back to the CPU. I Managed to finally get it to complete an XTU @ 4.7Ghz but it took a Vcore of 1.464 and temperatures hit 92*c! Will report on tomorrows batch and also swap this H110Gt for my custom loop. It seems like this is a bad batch / cpu.

Really gutting.

omg.png

Edited by peazz

I can't lower the Vcore Digg, otherwise it won't even pass one phase of XTU. The above screen is not stable in anyway when it comes to Aida etc..

4.6Ghz - 1.37v Stable

4.7Ghz - 1.476v Just stable for one pass of XTU

New chip arriving tomorrow

Delid helped my 4790k a lot but I don't think I am going to do it on this chip, I'll just cut losses and sell! The chip was idling at sub 20*c at one point with all cores within a 5* difference so doubt a delid will help that much...it just wants far too much juice

EDIT: New Batch Number: L519B875

Need a smoke then ill get this beauty in!

EDIT: switched to my 240mm custom loop, see if it can deal with this better as well

EDIT EDIT: Batch above, sitting @ 4.7Ghz @ 1.380v 1 pass of XTU stable right now

EDIT EDIT EDIT: 4.7ghz @ 1.380v was Aida stable for 1 hour, I stopped it after for further pushing. After enabling load line calibration(Why is this making such a difference to stability?), I have this passing XTU @ 4.8ghz @ 1.412v

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: benchtested for 2 hours at 4.8Ghz, stablized at 4.9ghz (1.464v) but cant seem to get 5Ghz. Been benching, reviewing hardware and submitting for two days, I need a break!

Edited by peazz
Updates

update of my L320B668, VID = 1.28V

update, LOL, this CPU is broked

I can fly only in BIOS, no booting to the OS (only BSOD), installation of Windows = BSODs :-) I tried it in another board=the same issues. After I tried another CPU in my board = everything OK. Lol, never seen before in real broked new CPU

Update; can boot into windows at 5ghz -> 1.464 but I am not really happy to push voltage further considering temps are touching 85*c and I don't want to kill my blogs testing machine

What is the max voltage for one of these chips on short benching runs?

Guest barbonenet

L519B744.....and i think it is like ivy, xxxxBxxx chip are better....yesterday i talk with someone with one ES with Vid 1.18, and this was amazing....cineb at 5ghz 1,35v with AIO cooling;)