HWBOT Community Forums

I guess I would raise the question, Why do several batches across various types of chips all seem to be producing more consistent results. I agree batch doesn't solely determine the outcome. Every chip out of a given batch isnt going to great and varies. But, looking at statistics, it seems certain batches do produce a better chance for good results. No? G3258 3418B001? Weren't Sandy-E chips classified, in part, by portion of silicon wafer taken from - 3960x//3970x. Lastly, why is this thread here? I guess it doesn't really matter when you have trays of chips to test, but when you only have one or two shots at getting a decent part, it matters.

Edited by hotrod717

Because nobody knew batch number on 6700 didn't mean sh1t till everyone started binning.
Realize this is the same thing many people have said for last 5 years concerning VID or batch. Every time I've bought a "known" VID or batch, its been good. From 1090/1100t's to g3258/4790k/5820k. I keep saying, maybe its just luck.

Awesome chip man! How is looking your wattercoolingsetup?

Thanks. I have dual d5 loops with rx360's and deltas. Still test gpu's under water before going cold, although one loop lays dormant most of the time. I have a ways to go with z170 and new Asus board.

Edited by hotrod717

I binned hundred of chips and batch doesnt tell bunnyextraction :D Seriously don't even bother testing by batch. Just test everything. Skylake is pure lottery

if you starting bin with lower than L530B I say FPO/Bacth will be yess..... I tested around 50 cpu on that bacth... but higher than L530B I tested around 30-40 pcs FPO/Bacth not important all random, I agree with you Roman.