HWBOT Community Forums

Hey everyone I'm new here. :P I just got my 6700k in the mail today ! Batch# L549C881 and I want to know if you can tell anything by just knowing the batch number or do I have to test it myself ? Im still waiting for my ram and gpu to come so I cant power up until I get that ram.

I stopped updating the spreadsheet on the main page because it came so apparently that batch has pretty much nothing to do with the performance on these chips. :(

• Crew
Hey everyone I'm new here. :P I just got my 6700k in the mail today ! Batch# L549C881 and I want to know if you can tell anything by just knowing the batch number or do I have to test it myself ? Im still waiting for my ram and gpu to come so I cant power up until I get that ram.

he is right, no batch related issues this time. my 6700K 6.65ghz 3D01 is L549Bxxx

but you also get potatoes, a VID of 1.23 / 1.265 / 1.28 on asus is a good start

Tried an X548 Vietnam chip last night with some weird behavior.

Before delid, did XTU at 4900/4800 @ 1.452V measured with DMM. Didn't actually try to lower the volts... After delid, temperatures didn't improve at all and neither did clocks... still loading at ~82°C.

I took it apart again, reapplied TIM, and popped it back in. It started hanging on 55 every time, even with all completely stock. I popped in my 6320 and it booted fine. Started looking at the chip itself and one corner is bent up a tiny bit. I tried to bend it back by hand but it needs heat. I'll give it a go later today.

But damn... how is Skylake so fragile? I didn't do anything to this chip to bend that corner... it was just from putting it in the socket? :confused::confused::confused:

I've come to the conclusion that some chips die for no reason while other are immortals.I killed 2 good cpus just on water at decent volts with no reason,one started throwing erros in windows and other one got stuck at various boot codes.I have one cpu here that went 20+ times on ss,benched strong on water,benched hard igp,32M llc and it does not give a duck. That thin pcb surely does not help durability or overclocking purposes tough....

Tried an X548 Vietnam chip last night with some weird behavior.

Before delid, did XTU at 4900/4800 @ 1.452V measured with DMM. Didn't actually try to lower the volts... After delid, temperatures didn't improve at all and neither did clocks... still loading at ~82°C.

I took it apart again, reapplied TIM, and popped it back in. It started hanging on 55 every time, even with all completely stock. I popped in my 6320 and it booted fine. Started looking at the chip itself and one corner is bent up a tiny bit. I tried to bend it back by hand but it needs heat. I'll give it a go later today.

But damn... how is Skylake so fragile? I didn't do anything to this chip to bend that corner... it was just from putting it in the socket? :confused::confused::confused:

Tried bending the chip back but no luck. Honestly, the bend was so small that I don't think that was the issue. I think the chip actually died in some other manner.

Have two new chips to test today, L548C027 and X548B926. I'll update this evening when I get them tested. Have 35L of LN2 as well... so that should help :cool:

Edited by xxbassplayerxx

And how is your best CPU on LN2?

Only asking because I tested a new CPU today:

guestaccess.aspx?guestaccesstoken=QT7X21M34v%2bL1cyQiL2Pn88Dqn57mvCfGJWUVsPcVHk%3d&docid=0eb4e51303706416d9dcc48afdc2229f8

5GHz HWBOT Prime 1.270V

5GHz boot Win7 1.280V

Edit: Batch is L527B622 if anyone still cares about that...

Follow up, couldn't wait to test it on LN2 :)

It is just slightly better than my old cpu

R15 - 6512MHz

R11.5 - 6545MHz

Pifast - 6793MHz

http://img.hwbot.org/u76781/image_id_1610063.jpeg

http://img.hwbot.org/u76781/image_id_1610059.jpeg

http://img.hwbot.org/u76781/image_id_1610050.png

CPU was a bit strange though...first boot on LN2 it cold bugged at around -190. Then never again. But around 70% of the time I got a crash it would corrupt the bios settings and I had to reset bios.