HWBOT Community Forums

HWBOT x265 Benchmark

havli

Thanks Havli, i will give it a try !

Edit : After replacing with 1.72, and even another 1.73 cpu-z, it's working.

I don't remember the cpu-z admin rights popup the first time, so i suppose that was the load which crashed my system.

Great bench you did here !

Edited by Taloken

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
I am on windows 10 64

an idea of the problem ??? yet enabled in the bios !!

"HPET timer not active, it is required for windows 8 and later.

HPET can be enabled by following command: bcdedit /set useplatformclock yes.

Same as GPUPI. Open Command Prompt as admin and type "bcdedit /set useplatformclock yes" and hit Enter. Restart your computer and you're set.

• 8 months later...

When I use submit button and enter HWBot username/pwd I get this, then once click OK I get this.

So the way I did the sub is just by uploading data file and screenie using PRTSCRN.

Now is this breaking rule:-

The screenshot must be obtained using the integrated screenshot functionality

Cheers.

*** edit ***

I see data file has the screenie :o , so guess I'm all good?

Edited by gupsterg

• 1 month later...
Tried downloading 5 -6 times from different PC the HWBOT_X265_2.0.rar file. it downloads successfully but when i unzip it gives following error.. any solution.

In your screenshot there is a whitespace in the userpath, sometimes Winrar can be a bit fussy about that.

Have you tried to copy the rar file to a directory without spaces in its name like "C:\Benchmarks"?

It seems you are having two problems:

1. The x265 Benchmark package is compressed using rar5 format, which is not compatible with older versions of Winrar.

2. With 99.999% chance a false positive detection by your AV software. I'm afraid there is no solution to this other than either add an exception to your AV to ignore "HWBOTx265Benchmark.exe" (if possible) or use a different AV software.

The problem was with the WinRAR setup .. so download the latest one and all solved.

Unrar successfully with WinRAR Version 5.1 or above.

Thanks all for great feedback.

It seems you are having two problems:

1. The x265 Benchmark package is compressed using rar5 format, which is not compatible with older versions of Winrar.

2. With 99.999% chance a false positive detection by your AV software. I'm afraid there is no solution to this other than either add an exception to your AV to ignore "HWBOTx265Benchmark.exe" (if possible) or use a different AV software.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, i detect some bug whem use this command with one Core i9-7900X: bcdedit /set useplatformclock yes

After applying this command, several games applications have performance declines.

Simply disable using the command(or simple dont use the firts command, but HWBOt X265 Bench dont wotk to): bcdedit /set useplatformclock no

That the results normalize.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got this weird problem on a stripped W7 image of mine.

Latest version of the bench program.

Bench runs fine, puts out a score etc. But the save file button doesn't do anything.

and since removed all LAN capabilities of the image, i cannot upload a score.

Tried on W10, stock and it worked just fine there. So its either something with W7, or something with my image.

Hi, i detect some bug whem use this command with one Core i9-7900X: bcdedit /set useplatformclock yes

After applying this command, several games applications have performance declines.

Simply disable using the command(or simple dont use the firts command, but HWBOt X265 Bench dont wotk to): bcdedit /set useplatformclock no

That the results normalize.

Correcting...

It does not just happen with the Core i9-7900X, it happens with all CPU.

[]

• 3 months later...

Havli, X265 does not detect unlocked cores? I mean, it detects and runs the cores correctly in the bench and GUI, but they're not included in the data file.

Example: CPU 960T unlocked to 5 or 6 cores shows and runs correctly in the GUI and bench, but the data file still designates it as 4 cores active and you cannot edit the sub's core count.

Also, cannot edit core count after submission.

Cores count is shown in the GUI but the data file doesn't contain this information.

Only CPU name and socket count are stored there. Core count is determined by HWBOT based on the CPU model (either by autodetection or by manual typing what CPU you have).

The truth is editing of existing submission to fill in correct CPU parameters is kinda broken.

For example I've just submitted this as a test. http://hwbot.org/submission/3713436_ (I'll delete it tomorrow) The CPU model wasn't detected, so at first I selected X4 960T unlocked to 5 cores... worked. Then I edited to unlocked 6 cores, also worked. Then switched to X2 550 unlocked to 4 cores... also worked. But now when I want to edit to 3 active cores the edit fails with a white screen.

I'm not sure how HWBOT API detection works on real unlocked parts - they are usually detected by diferent name than original. If it is not detected properly and you have to type the name yourself, then it should be also possible to select actual unlocked status. If it is detected correctly (like X4 960T) and editing after submission has been uploaded doesn't work, there is one workaround. Instead of saving the datafile and manual uploading later, you can upload directly from X265 and there is an option to disable CPU detection. In that case it should be possible to choose correct CPU and core count.

I guess it would be also handy to have this option with data-file saving. I can add it in future version, shouldn't be a problem. Or working edit function on hwbot could solve this. :)

Hi Everyone, I know this is a long shot but I was wondering if anyone has experience or ideas about running this benchmark properly on an older magny-cours opteron setup.

Running 4x 12 core 6170 CPUs, 48 cores in total. For starters the benchmark only seems to show 36 cores and 3 CPUs in the GUI, but I thought that might just be an anomaly. Running the benchmark itself though is pretty damn slow. Using the built in monitoring it shows around 80% CPU usage, but windows server 2008 Perf mon shows around 30% (which I'm more inclined to believe judging by the speed). I've tried every variation of overkill (2-12x) but I can't seem to get it to utilize even half of my CPU power. I was wondering if maybe it's because they don't support some of the newer instruction sets?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks guys

Hi,

that is a very nice system you have. Unfortunately to get somewhat good score in x265, you need at least SSE4.1 compatible CPU. K10 doesn't even support SSSE3 and because of that the fps is very low. Using overkill will help to some extent... but not much. 15h Opterons are much faster on the G34 platform.

I'm aware of the wrong cores count in GUI on this kind of systems... but why it doesn't work properly I'm not sure. Anyway it is for display only, has no effect on score or anything else.

• 1 month later...