HWBOT Community Forums

HWBOT x265 Benchmark

havli

• Administrators

A note on unlocked cpu scores - because of whatever reason hwbot does not recognize 3 and 5 core results done with unlocked (useless :P ) AMD cpus, and users and staff can´t edit these. This also is a problem at the moment for other benchmarks, but for these we usually could fix it in the past.

We will see if we can fix this, but now we are all busy with rev7 and other stuff

It seems CPU-Z detects this CPU as Xeon E5-2637, while in reality it is E5-1607. Unfortunately not much I can do here, as x265 relies on CPU-Z detection... so if CPU-Z fails to detect properly the CPU used, the same mistake appears in x265 also.

Sometimes this happened to me too, but should be possible to edit the submission manually and select the correct CPU once it is uploaded.

• 4 weeks later...

At the moment, I'm finishing my work on small update of x265 bench.

Not so long ago there was some discussion concerning the granularity of the score. Since the beggining there were (and still are) just two decimal places. For most systems this is good enough to reflect even very small change in the performance. But not all of them - and since the attention is shifting more towards the 4k preset, maybe it is time to consider adding 3rd decimal place.

Getting 3 decimal places is easy and after quick test it seems HWBOT API supports it also.

x2658xs5q.png

So the question is - switch to 3 decimal places or stay at 2? This is double-edged sword, some people might benefit from it, others would lose points.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, havli said:

Ok then - 3 places it is.

Other than G470 :D it should also make benchmarking of very old HW more interesting. With the legacy mode even PIII / first gen K7 should be able to run. Who is brave enough to run 4k on slot A Athlon? :P

I think I've found your man :P as long as he has a slot A athlon around. https://hwbot.org/submission/3735265_mickulty_hwbot_x265_benchmark___4k_mobile_celeron_800mhz_(coppermine)_0_fps

• Like 1

Version 2.2.0 is ready for release. :)

http://hw-museum.cz/data/hwbot/HWBOT_X265_2.2.ZIP

What is new:

1. there was a mistake in HPET detection of V2.1.0 - on systems that require HPET only error message was shown but the Run button wasn't deactivated... Therefore it was possible to run and submit the benchmark even without HPET (such results can be still recognized on screenshot - they contain red message "HPET timer not active"). This issue is now fixed.

2. Coffee Lake added to the non-HPET whitelist. Currently the list contains: Skylake, Skylake-X, Kaby Lake, Kaby Lake-X, Coffee Lake.

3. added option to select CPU name to submit. The first two options are 1) name like CPU-Z detects it 2) BIOS string. The third options leaves the field empty - this should solve the problem with unlocked AMD CPUs that are misdetected and can't be edited later.

image.png.9e74f1fcc79f84904362e677314c1d60.png

4. increased the score precision to 3 decimal places. There is is a catch however. It seems HWBOT doesn't support it properly after all. Internally there are 3 decimal places - as they can be seen on the pre-submit screen... and also later when editing the submission. On the score page there are only two and how the rankings are calculated I'm not sure. Let's see if better precision can be implemented on the HWBOT side at some point in the future, x265 is now ready for it.

http://hwbot.org/submission/3793276_ 

5. updated CPU-Z to version 1.83.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, havli said:

4. increased the score precision to 3 decimal places. There is is a catch however. It seems HWBOT doesn't support it properly after all. Internally there are 3 decimal places - as they can be seen on the pre-submit screen... and also later when editing the submission. On the score page there are only two and how the rankings are calculated I'm not sure. Let's see if better precision can be implemented on the HWBOT side at some point in the future, x265 is now ready for it

Nice!  Looking forward to rebenching this: http://hwbot.org/submission/3735265