HWBOT Community Forums

Flashed the m8e today to 3201 as well. Had a 00 when booting up the first time. After completely cutting power for 10 sec and let the board dry out of current it booted. Did numerous reboots. Eventually it booted into os. Didn't check xmp. Only the vid of the chip. But dismantled the board already to build up the mocf. So cant check the xmp anymore.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MotoG3 met Tapatalk

Hi guys ,need some guidance .

I skipped skylake generation and went straight for kabyfrom a 4790 k.

I bought a M8E on which. I have 3007 bios. From what i could gather on this thread,best bios for mem oc on this board is 2201 & 3201 ( both have support for kaby ).

Can you post some settings for 4000 cl 12 tight as i have a kit which is pretested 4133 12-11-11 so it should be no problem achieving at least 4000.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

OK,

Spent a couple of hours, cause I had a peculliar issue ith my RVE 10 and bios 1503. After flashing, it was impossible ( at first glance ) to apply XMP. It was not even in the options ( for Heaven's sake !!! ).

Flashed back to 1002 and all was normal.

But, since I am a person that does not believe in ghosts, I set out to find out what the hell was happening :)

So 1503 again.

Now ! Take a seat folks and if you want, you might believe me.

1503 on, no XMP. Not with the keyboard !!!

Reboot, open the options window with the mouse and there is XMP. Nah, I am nuts - again...

Keyboard, no XMP, mouse XMP appears.

OK, cool. Apply XMP and reboot.

Nope, no dice.

OC failed...enter bios ...bla bla bla

Cool again. XMP is on, BUT ram voltage is stuck to 1.20V.

Really ?

OK. Manually. 1.35V.

Reboot. Nope - 1.20V.

OK. 1.60V, 1.20VccSA.

Nope, 1.20V and 1.00VccSA.

Shut down.

Power off, battery out, one minute.

Voila.

XMP appears with keyboard, ram voltage is correct, Vram adjustable, evrything works.

Bullsh*t.

Again.

Flash from thje beginning.

Exactly the same story.

So no ghost.

Same thing had happened only once on the M8E. But then it worked flawlessly.

Maybe Asus is doing something wrong ?

I know I certainly don't. Lol

I bought a M8E on which. I have 3007 bios. From what i could gather on this thread,best bios for mem oc on this board is 2201 & 3201 ( both have support for kaby ).

Can you post some settings for 4000 cl 12 tight as i have a kit which is pretested 4133 12-11-11 so it should be no problem achieving at least 4000.

Mate, 4000 on the M8E is a very wild shot. Good luck with that. I have two Galax HOF Goc mem sets, that do on Impact easily 4133 / 12-11, and they can't do 4000 on M8E however loose I go and up to 1.95V.

• Like 1

Well that sucks !

Your kits are retail ? I saw a massive discount on Hof 4000 cl19 ,listed for 199$ atm.

Nope.

Bought them from Alex@ro.

The white ones for the Galax GOC competition.

Pretested and certified for AT LEAST 4000 / 12-12, with less than 1.9V.

4133 / cl19 cost on Amazon.de something like 160 Euros ( if I am not wrong ).

I have a set of those. Nothing special even on M-OCF.

They need 1.96V real, for 4000-12-12 tight.

• Crew
I have no issue at all with M8E and 3201. XMP works fine even at 4133 G.Skill Trident Z. Running perfectly with four different sets of mems. Currently at 3866 / 12-12 very tight, 1.82V. 3007 was an absolute disaster ( and still is ) :(

Which CPU ? with 6700K all is fine, 2 x 7700K and 1 x 7600K Kaby lake unleash hell here... no matter the memory I use... I ordered a new Bios chip

attachment.php?attachmentid=5275&stc=1&d=1486294340

Edited by Leeghoofd

Thats weird @Leeghoofd, in my test kaby IMC is much better than Skylake, only some timing is different than on skylake. And i notice voltage too, on Skylake my kit only topped at 1.8678v with vtt 0.9375v, and with kaby lake i can run 1.9008v with vtt 0.9375v, testing on 32M waza with my best skylake IMC only topped at 1960mhz 12-11-11 tight 1.8678v, with kaby i can run 1988 12-11-11 tight 1.9008v which is always unstable/blue screen voltage on Skylake. I noticed too 2 DIMM board can have much higher voltage tolerance on some B-Die Kit.

Edited by speed.fastest

And i forgot to add, this is post code that you can wait even for 1 minutes :

4F

And this is what post code you cant wait :

49 (Mainly because some timing too tight)

55 (can be failed training, you can retry same setting 5-10 times to see if it worked).

Much better if you can lock RTL/IOL, once you boot you can restart without problem.

Edited by speed.fastest

• Crew
Thats weird @Leeghoofd, in my test kaby IMC is much better than Skylake, only some timing is different than on skylake. And i notice voltage too, on Skylake my kit only topped at 1.8678v with vtt 0.9375v, and with kaby lake i can run 1.9008v with vtt 0.9375v, testing on 32M waza with my best skylake IMC only topped at 1960mhz 12-11-11 tight 1.8678v, with kaby i can run 1988 12-11-11 tight 1.9008v which is always unstable/blue screen voltage on Skylake. I noticed too 2 DIMM board can have much higher voltage tolerance on some B-Die Kit.

I know, it is doing my head in, I'll await the Bios replacement Chip and see what gives. The Gene board is fine with 3201 :)

Post code with one dimm is usually 6F, with two dimms 6A. Tried all four slots, 3 pairs of mems and three cpus...

Had similar backflash issues Psycho, couldn't get it done either... it was fat32 & it's renamed as M8G.cap...

But the manual for the Gene is apparently wrong :P

attachment.php?attachmentid=5224&stc=1&d=1485545921

The correct flash back port is the one below the lan port, not the one below the PS2 port :P Flashed back without an issue now :D

Maybe Impact manual has a similar problem?

Anyway my Gene acts up now; anything above 3733 is a nitemare on Kaby Lake...

ive got the right Port, like described in the manuals... but ive testet all USB Ports...

Thanks Guys for all of your tips, and takeing time for helping me to find a solution of my issue....buuuut..... finally

it was my f....g USB Drive...... formatted the right way....fil renamed to M8I.CAP.....got the right Port......Yeah, Ive ordered a NEW EEPROM...^^ lol nothing worked.....

take another USB Drive and you will be fine..... so flashback is working and my problem is solved....

If 1T is only way, you'll want to run 3980 or so will be your max on most 4 dimm boards but with enough time / effort 4k+ isn't out of the question. I would probably test out 2T because you can do that 4133c12 with less voltage than 1, and frequency seems to matter most with ddr4. It's not like ddr3 psc where it's tCWL=6 and rtl's 40/41/4/4 at 2666-2750c8 or GTFO. Going from say tCWL 9 to 8 is hardly a difference and running 2t being only thing different 32m times at 5g suffer around 0.400-.600s or so, meaning for most benchmarks not very much

Thanks for the replies.

It doesn't want even 3800 with my current bios,will leave it for when apex and Mocf comes,didn't know this series from Rog is such potato :).

No point in stressing the poor ram with high voltage when i already know it can do better with other boards.

• Crew

K I fixed my XMP not working issue on the M8E with 3201 bios.

If I flash with Sky Lake and allow the Kaby Lake compatible BIOS to initialise itself after the first boot with the same 6700K CPU, I always got these weird post code lockups. No matter what CPU or memory module was used. XMP was no longer working.

If I flash with a Kaby Lake CPU and let the BIOS initialise itself with the 7700K in the socket, the XMP seems to works fine with any CPU or module afterwards...

Go figure... :)

K I fixed my XMP not working issue on the M8E with 3201 bios.

If I flash with Sky Lake and allow the Kaby Lake compatible BIOS to initialise itself after the first boot with the same 6700K CPU, I always got these weird post code lockups. No matter what CPU or memory module was used. XMP was no longer working.

If I flash with a Kaby Lake CPU and let the BIOS initialise itself with the 7700K in the socket, the XMP seems to works fine with any CPU or module afterwards...

Go figure... :)

Maybe, just saying :) , Z170 is not exactly compatible with Kabylake ( bios wise ).

Maybe vendors try to push users to Z270.

And maybe they are right.

Because if all the line of Kaby's is fully compatible with Z170, what is the real reason to move to Z270 ?

Maybe Apex is of interest to TOP GUNS. But to lower levels ?

My final thought.

Yes, it is a fact that Kaby's are slightly better clockers.

And Z270 very high end boards better than Z170 very high end boards.

But, as I said, besides the real TOP GUNS, who else might be really interested ?

Maybe, just saying :) , Z170 is not exactly compatible with Kabylake ( bios wise ).

Maybe vendors try to push users to Z270.

And maybe they are right.

Because if all the line of Kaby's is fully compatible with Z170, what is the real reason to move to Z270 ?

Maybe Apex is of interest to TOP GUNS. But to lower levels ?

My final thought.

Yes, it is a fact that Kaby's are slightly better clockers.

And Z270 very high end boards better than Z170 very high end boards.

But, as I said, besides the real TOP GUNS, who else might be really interested ?

IDK but MOCF has been working fine with Kaby for many users and in fact I would say compatibility between Skylake > Kaby is perfect as in you can pop one in and they both work the same.

With that being said, Apex is inbound (thanks Newegg!) and I will put it through it's paces and see how it compares to Z170. As long as it's nothing like an Impact I think I will be happy, Impact was complete garbage for me in terms of memory clocking and never have I raged as hard as using that little board.

I mean the fact that you had to bin motherboards on the Impact is ridiculous, there should not be that type of difference in memory oc from board to board i.e. if you take a cpu, set of memory (same order) from one board to another they should clock fairly similarly.

Regardless I think if you have an MOCF it's good enough for most users, but if you are buying a new Z270 board for Kaby it's safe to say the Apex is a no brainer. Looking forward to rebinning all my B-Die on the Apex as memory OC looks strong af :)

Is it just me or does Turbo Vcore don't give you the option of altering the core ratio on a M8E combined with a 7350k

Is it something I overlooked or isn't there any option to change them in windows with turbo vcore ?

I see that cache ratio can be changed tho.