HWBOT Community Forums

Is it just me or does Turbo Vcore don't give you the option of altering the core ratio on a M8E combined with a 7350k

Is it something I overlooked or isn't there any option to change them in windows with turbo vcore ?

I see that cache ratio can be changed tho.

It's not a TurboV Core issue, but a BIOS issue. Hopefully fixed in next release.

My windows is compatible with both z170/270 .

I tested it today on M8E and Apex,same tib works with both.

The only bios i can get it to work is with 2202,on 3201 i get blue screen.

Is there any setting in the nee one which needs to be deactivated in order to work ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes,F5 and F7 and countless F6.

I tryed with firahelper z170 and z270,everything is fine in txt mode untill i get to last step to start instalation,or whatever the fck happens after you load ahci and x99 drivers.

From that point onward is bsod.

Do you have M8 Extreme with bios 3201 and you tell me that you manage to install xp64 on it ?

No gene or impact ,extreme with this bios.

@coolice @elmor ,help as i'm going crazy.

"Other" doesn't let you to do anything and both acpi multiprocessor and uniprocessor have the same outcome.

I downloaded again 3201 and 3007, installed them with flashback and from bios,same result.

If someone has winxp working on 3201 or 3007,please post a picture.

Only Maximus 8 Extreme.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I did that,straight bsod at loading windows.

Cannot wait for the Asrock to arrive,at least they take care of the customers.

More than 500€ on a board which is supposed to be for overclockers and it's the most potato from all of them.

Even with apex,you have to bin them in order to get one right :))

Edited by suzuki

I did that,straight bsod at loading windows.

Cannot wait for the Asrock to arrive,at least they take care of the customers.

More than 500€ on a board which is supposed to be for overclockers and it's the most potato from all of them.

Even with apex,you have to bin them in order to get one right :))

Sorry mate about your issues.

Just a small comment about "AsRock taking care of its customers ".

Pray that you do not come to a point that you need them ( AsRock ). Then we can talk

about " customer care ".

I was just reffering that they have good working bios for kaby even for z170, they are not pushing the customers for the "new" z270 as Asus does.

It is impossible not to be able to make a good bios for such motherboard,especially since they proven from bios 2202 that xp can work properly.

Granted :)

You are correct mate.

My comment was on a more general basis. Let me put it more bluntly. Asus is the single eyed among the blind.

From personal experience, dealing directly with most vendors during the last twenty years, only MSI and Intel have really stood by me in difficult moments. Their European service center is truly outstanding ( MSI ).

Good luck with your issues mate.

As for M8E, having one for a year now, has not provided me with evidence that it is worth its money.

Impact, YES. M8E, doubtful.

post 289# is updated with right bios for Hero

Ok So I have 3202 now and I can flash when I get home. My question is, will this help with my problem?

I am trying to overclock my 7700k on my VIII maximus hero and even though the multiplier is set to 49 on all cores my CPU will still only hit 4400mhz, and occasionally 4500mhz for a brief amount of time. So basically I can't overclock at this point

Current BIOS is 3101

AI overclock tuner set to manual

CPU core ratio set to sync all cores

core ration limit set to 49

IA AC and DC load lines set to 0.01

CPU core/cache voltage set to manual 1.30v (I tried adaptive but that doesn't work at all)

With these settings running stress tests Prime95 (26.6), aida 64, or realbench the CPU will be 4400mhz max. Why is it not overclocking?

Ok So I have 3202 now and I can flash when I get home. My question is, will this help with my problem?

I am trying to overclock my 7700k on my VIII maximus hero and even though the multiplier is set to 49 on all cores my CPU will still only hit 4400mhz, and occasionally 4500mhz for a brief amount of time. So basically I can't overclock at this point

Current BIOS is 3101

AI overclock tuner set to manual

CPU core ratio set to sync all cores

core ration limit set to 49

IA AC and DC load lines set to 0.01

CPU core/cache voltage set to manual 1.30v (I tried adaptive but that doesn't work at all)

With these settings running stress tests Prime95 (26.6), aida 64, or realbench the CPU will be 4400mhz max. Why is it not overclocking?

have you hint F10 before bios exit? AVX frecq set in bios?

update to last official bios and try again :D

for multi fix in windows : control panel>Power option> hight performance