HWBOT Community Forums

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, sabishiihito said:

8700k not working for me.  I know I did the CPU pad mod correctly since it works in M9A with modded bios.  Not sure if it needs the other two pads isolated (not that I have anything small enough for that).

U need to isolate the two pads too if u don't do that u will get error 18 in the debug

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!

I bought a Maximus VIII Gene not long ago. It has a very-very strange issue! BCLK set in bios vs actual in win and any other OS has a 1.25x divider! Leaving it auto, or setting it 100 results in a BCLK of 80 in windows, for 100BCLK I need to set 125BCLK in bios. Tried both a skylake i3 and a kaby i7, 0018 and latest bios, both update from within bios and USB flashback. Anybody has any idea if this an IC freaking out, or some MEI bug, or a faulty mobo sample? I am sure it is the bios listing it wrong, because I set 125BCLK for a kaby bios (no skylake BCLK OC beyond Intel limited 102.9) and my i3-6320 booted fine and showed 100.0 in Windows.

TIA!

Edited by kicsipapucs
typos
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

According to the winraid forums, 16 thread compatibility has been solved for the Maximus VIII series, and most of Asus Z170.

Start with a 2XXX bios and use the newest "coffeetime" tool. I have seen successful results with the Ranger, Gene, and Hero, but have yet to see someone try the Impact.

I would imagine if you wanted to do any multithread testing you'd either want a monoblock or sub-zero + a very strong fan pointed at the VRM heatsink, but I imagine it should be perfectly fine for 32m or single threaded benchmarks.

Edited by AutisticChris

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I need some help.

I have a usb stick thad let me instal it on a giga z170x soc-force ( non-k bios i think ), 7350k not working whit this bios
but as soon i install the same ssd on a M8I i have a bsod.

what bios it the best to use for xp support whit a 7350k / 8350k cpu on a M8I ?
I traid the 0001 , 0019 , 3201 and asus latest bios. all of them no go whit xp on my site whit a 7350k

@skulstation Non-k overclocking bioses are Skylake only. Try a newer bios for for SOC Force board.

For the Impact, all bioses should support xp. Did you use the same install method as described in this thread?

• 2 months later...
Guest Digg_de

I have flashed my Impact VIII with the Coffeelake Bios and it works. :D

Thanks to masben for the biosfile and thanks to gkmltd for answering some questions.

impact.coffee.png