HWBOT Community Forums

Is there already a newer BIOS than the 0015 @ Extreme ?

For better Samsung B support

Latest BIOS is in this thread. Is there a problem now?

The xp ready bios, specifically for the gene, do they add IDE option?

Sorry only AHCI.

I tried this, the result same, even PS2 Keyboard can't move. So maybe my OS Installer is weird. Now i try to install to older PC and move it to skylake and it worked. Thanks for the info BTW :)

If this happens to anyone else, try to turn of the PSU and wait for standby power to clear. Then power up and see if it works.

• Administrators

Have you tried to downgrade the BIOS? Lately I had feedback that on some new unlock BIOS xp64 was no go for install, maybe it is te same for win7x64, we know that these are not officially supported. OS worked when installed already, the installation of the os itself failed

I would recommend installing windows on stock error free settings.I tried installing a new win7 x64 few days ago on overclocked settings,not much but still instability was set i guess,and i always received 7F at win7 startup and one time i got into win but stuck like you said.I reinstalled windows again (from DVD so no problems with USB) on stock settings and it worked...

Newest bios work for both XP32 and -64 on Impact and Extreme. Just make sure you follow the instructions in the guide, many isos you can find won't work without modifications.

As for Win 7 I would say your iso is not properly configured. I sometimes loose USB-functionality on the top USB-ports on the Extreme when OC'ing on LN2, but that is not likely to happen at air cooling.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest barbonenet

U can press ctrl+f12 for a full saving of bios setting.....is inside oc profiles section....the last option load/save...then ctrl+f12;)

Sent from my E2353 using Tapatalk

2 things

1) Is there any way to do BCLK OC from within Windows XP..? Turbo Vcore doesn't work for BCLK OC.

2) Does the IGPU not work on the OC BIOSes..? I get no display. :(

Edit:- Actually Enabling Ln2 mode on Impact seems to disable IGP.

Anyway to remedy this...? Need it for the Gskill comp.

@coolice

Edited by rtsurfer
  • Like 1

Below BIOSes have the only change that they allow for higher voltages without LN2 Mode. The reason why IGPU is disabled in LN2 Mode is because high Core PLL voltage might damage it. Specifically the HDMI output part can be affected. Use with caution.

M8E 0017

M8F 0017

M8G 0017

M8HA 0017

M8H 0017

M8I 0017

Can you add higher BCLK support on non-k processors so we can compete with Asrock in XTU? My Impact appears to stop at 102.66 (any higher results in BSOD) which isn't enough against 102.9! Yet to check on my Hero board, but assume it will be the same.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Crew
I tested with 980Ti and is seeing the opposite. Gained about 60 fps going to 0015 from 0007 on M8E.

not seeing is believing Jon :) Seems to be fine indeed with new cards, older stuff needs older bios.. Roman also had perf issues in Nature, old bios fixed it.

Can you guys help me reproduce this issue? Full settings and setup details please, preferably send me bios profile used as well.

What kind of FPS do you expect on GTX480? Don't have one here but I tested with GTX580 and again with 980Ti but Gen 2 forced. See results below.

M8E, 6700K, 2x8GB

150x28 (27 cache), 2100 DRAM, Xtreme Tweaking Enabled, FCLK 1GHz

XP64 + 364.72 default settings no lod, average of 3 runs 3DM01 Nature

GTX 980Ti 0007: 1828fps 0015: 1893fps

GTX 980Ti (Force PCIE 2.0) 0007: 1927fps 0015: 1918fps

GTX 580 861/2197 0007: 1390fps 0015: 1385fps

As you can see on 980Ti 0015 is faster, but forcing Gen 2 boosts both to about the same higher performance. GTX 580 is the same on both for me.