HWBOT Community Forums

• Crew
Can you guys help me reproduce this issue? Full settings and setup details please, preferably send me bios profile used as well.

What kind of FPS do you expect on GTX480? Don't have one here but I tested with GTX580 and again with 980Ti but Gen 2 forced. See results below.

M8E, 6700K, 2x8GB

150x28 (27 cache), 2100 DRAM, Xtreme Tweaking Enabled, FCLK 1GHz

XP64 + 364.72 default settings no lod, average of 3 runs 3DM01 Nature

GTX 980Ti 0007: 1828fps 0015: 1893fps

GTX 980Ti (Force PCIE 2.0) 0007: 1927fps 0015: 1918fps

GTX 580 861/2197 0007: 1390fps 0015: 1385fps

As you can see on 980Ti 0015 is faster, but forcing Gen 2 boosts both to about the same higher performance. GTX 580 is the same on both for me.

I'll run some tests on the GTX 480 tonite Jon. CPU @ 4500/4000 speeds and card around 900ish with bios 0007 and 0015.

With the GTX 295 I tried Gen2 and Extreme Tweak ON/OFF, the Nature was each time 300-400 FPS slower than 0007 (not steady 999 as with 0007 during the Nature benchmark)

Keep you posted

I'll run some tests on the GTX 480 tonite Jon. CPU @ 4500/4000 speeds and card around 900ish with bios 0007 and 0015.

With the GTX 295 I tried Gen2 and Extreme Tweak ON/OFF, the Nature was each time 300-400 FPS slower than 0007 (not steady 999 as with 0007 during the Nature benchmark)

Keep you posted

Can you run with same settings as me please? Makes comparison so much easier.

My 480's are at my benchplace so I can't test right now. I think I have a 295 at home so I might be able to test that.

It might be easier to reproduce in 03 as fps was like 1/4 of what it should be there.

Use the same settings and benchmark please. Need to keep data comparable.

My gtx 295 was not working so couldn't test it. But found a ref. Gtx 480. It seems it works fine. Got 1141 in nature 01 no matter what bios. Tried 7, 14, 15 on extreme. Elmor's settings.

Thanks, Albrecht had no problems with GTX 480 either. This seems to be related to SLI not working in XP on 0015.

It's a hardware limit. Could perhaps provide a mod?

Thank you for your offer to help, I appreciate it. But I'm not able to mod my board because I can't afford losing the warranty on it. :(

Too bad its a hardware limit. I have a kit of both B-die & E-die, that scales past 2.135V.

Edited by rtsurfer
  • Like 1

Followed the guide to installing XP on Z170, except I'm doing it on my Z170M OCF, I keep getting this error, anyone know what it is?

I tried using like 6 different XP iso's, including one Sam OCX posted that he said had the floppy drivers in it. Still no luck. Tried re-doing all the steps and still same issue.

I also tried using intel sata ports, and also the Asmedia ones on IDE, just to check if that was what I was doing wrong, still no luck.

ooYdS.jpg

Here's a picture of the usb drive:

ooYxr.png

Followed the guide to installing XP on Z170, except I'm doing it on my Z170M OCF, I keep getting this error, anyone know what it is?

I tried using like 6 different XP iso's, including one Sam OCX posted that he said had the floppy drivers in it. Still no luck. Tried re-doing all the steps and still same issue.

I also tried using intel sata ports, and also the Asmedia ones on IDE, just to check if that was what I was doing wrong, still no luck.

ooYdS.jpg

ooYxr.png

i know this isnt the right thread but just trying to help, if you have optical drive you can install like normal on asmedia ide port, then ghost it and always have copy. I think someone uploaded a ghost xp around here somewhere. you can also slipstream ahci driver from this thread and switch to intel sata after install

Edited by Strong Island

i know this isnt the right thread but just trying to help, if you have optical drive you can install like normal on asmedia ide port, then ghost it and always have copy. I think someone uploaded a ghost xp around here somewhere. you can also slipstream ahci driver from this thread and switch to intel sata after install

Figured it out, but now I get this message, man I suck at this crap lol. This is why I put off installing xp for so long, but my friends keep bugging me to do it and practice 32m :(

op0T0.jpg

• Administrators

The AHCI driver is missing on your USB drive and did you prepare the USB stick with RMprep? If I remeber correctly I also unpacked firadisk drivers, and have them twice on usb, noob style, not sure this makes a difference though

P.S. Asmedia driver missing? I did traditional way on asus and asrock, so maybe you need to add this at Image of xp, I never had this at my installs

Edited by websmile

The AHCI driver is missing on your USB drive and did you prepare the USB stick with RMprep? If I remeber correctly I also unpacked firadisk drivers, and have them twice on usb, noob style, not sure this makes a difference though

P.S. Asmedia driver missing? I did traditional way on asus and asrock, so maybe you need to add this at Image of xp, I never had this at my installs

Dunno what's going wrong, yeah I used RMprep.

I tried again, made sure to select the AHCI stuff, then I just get BSOD on step 2 (GUI step) when it tries to boot into windows XP to finish the setup.

If I use the AHCI drivers that the installation media says are already built in, I don't get that BSOD, but I get that error where it says it can't find those files.

I also tried unpacking the firadisk stuff, so I had one packed version and one non packed version of each file, still no go. Tried dragging and dropping the AHCI drivers from the original post on here as well, seems like everything I've tried isn't working.

Is there a way to take out the AHCI drivers that are already built into this install, so that I can put the ones from the original post in it? I've never done anything like that before, so figured I'd ask.

Thanks for all the help, sorry if I'm spamming the thread. Let me know if we need to take it to PM, or a new thread. I'll gladly do so.

Edited by Lays

Dunno what's going wrong, yeah I used RMprep.

I tried again, made sure to select the AHCI stuff, then I just get BSOD on step 2 (GUI step) when it tries to boot into windows XP to finish the setup.

If I use the AHCI drivers that the installation media says are already built in, I don't get that BSOD, but I get that error where it says it can't find those files.

I also tried unpacking the firadisk stuff, so I had one packed version and one non packed version of each file, still no go. Tried dragging and dropping the AHCI drivers from the original post on here as well, seems like everything I've tried isn't working.

Is there a way to take out the AHCI drivers that are already built into this install, so that I can put the ones from the original post in it? I've never done anything like that before, so figured I'd ask.

Thanks for all the help, sorry if I'm spamming the thread. Let me know if we need to take it to PM, or a new thread. I'll gladly do so.

Are you using an original XP image or is it slimmed down? Did you boot from the USB and selected "Windows XP Setup Step 2 (GUI-mode)" after Step 1?

Are you using an original XP image or is it slimmed down? Did you boot from the USB and selected "Windows XP Setup Step 2 (GUI-mode)" after Step 1?

It gives me problems in Step 1 and 2, I think it may be the ISO.

Here's the ISO I was using, Sam OCX posted it on a different thread:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dac25nmhi0qir4h/XP+v68.iso

If I try and manually tell the installation to use firadisk driver + intel AHCI driver from "floppy" it tells me it fails to copy IASTOR and a few other files, as well as the Firadisk things.

After I've done step 1 with manually selected firadisk + intel AHCI driver, I get BSOD after trying to do step 2 (GUI) it will post the "windows XP" screen, then BSOD before it does anything.

If I let the installation use it's own "built in" AHCI driver, as well as manually set Firadisk driver, then it fails to copy the Firadisk files. In the guide it says to make sure my WINNT.SIF-File says "OEMPreInstall = YES" so I believe it's OK?

After I do step 1 with manually selected firadisk, and the build in windows AHCI, I get that error that says "the file 'asms' on windows XP professional service pack 3 CD is needed"

I'll try a different ISO now and see if it works.

It gives me problems in Step 1 and 2, I think it may be the ISO.

Here's the ISO I was using, Sam OCX posted it on a different thread:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dac25nmhi0qir4h/XP+v68.iso

If I try and manually tell the installation to use firadisk driver + intel AHCI driver from "floppy" it tells me it fails to copy IASTOR and a few other files, as well as the Firadisk things.

After I've done step 1 with manually selected firadisk + intel AHCI driver, I get BSOD after trying to do step 2 (GUI) it will post the "windows XP" screen, then BSOD before it does anything.

If I let the installation use it's own "built in" AHCI driver, as well as manually set Firadisk driver, then it fails to copy the Firadisk files. In the guide it says to make sure my WINNT.SIF-File says "OEMPreInstall = YES" so I believe it's OK?

After I do step 1 with manually selected firadisk, and the build in windows AHCI, I get that error that says "the file 'asms' on windows XP professional service pack 3 CD is needed"

I'll try a different ISO now and see if it works.

Then my guess is floppy support is removed from the ISO, this is also needed to insert the drivers.

ooYxr.png

Mine looks different, no problems installing either

n3A2m9Y.jpg