HWBOT Community Forums

It looks like you never extracted the folder/files from the download

It looks that way coz of winrar, without winrar it looks like yours:

Except my menu file says menu.list and says it's an LST file, but yours is 'menu" and says it's a masm listing, wonder if somehow mine is messed up?

oqj7o.png

Ignore the 3 different ISO, those were test subjects :P

Yes it works. But sometimes if you slim the OS down it will have trouble install. Installing rog connect first might help with vcore issues. Also try redownloading vcore, i had a slightly corrupt one that screwed up win 8, but worked fine in win 7 and XP.

Yes it works. But sometimes if you slim the OS down it will have trouble install. Installing rog connect first might help with vcore issues. Also try redownloading vcore, i had a slightly corrupt one that screwed up win 8, but worked fine in win 7 and XP.

Thanks man, it looks like my ssd was possibly failing. I saw it mentioned somewhere in google and tried a good ssd and it worked right away. Really weird.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

finally, i am succesfully install windows xp 32 bit on my skylake

1. download win XP 32 bit tested 100% for skylake --> https://drive.google.com/a/uns.ac.id/file/d/0B2l3owmraXIoWW96cGluLXIwX2M/view?usp=sharing

2. download firadisk for 32 bit --> https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmqctauoi6p0i31/Firadisk%20fr%2032%20bit.rar?dl=0

Edited by hambaaaallah

man going nuts with m8e and cold. After about 30-45min of benching I get a crash and it tries to restart and I get post code 55, which I cant get past. If I change memory to auto I can boot and bench fine.

Last night I spent a few hours cleaning all mem slots with crc contact cleaner and cleaning bottom of cpu and blew out socket with air. I reapplied vas just in case the paper towels removed too much.

But it happened again. CPU was benching 3d06 at 6.5ghz but with stock mem, score is bad.

I also noticed if I disable ram channel A it seems to work fine again.

I killed my first m8e so I havent done a ton of sessions with this board yet. I cant figure out whats wrong.

I happens when you bench in a very humid environment. Try insulating all around the mems better.

ya it has been humid in new york past couple days, I do have a/c right in bench room.

I cleaned mem slots with crc cleaner and applied vas up against slots and in between each slot (not in them) and then put tissue in between each one.

Gotta start using something besides vas, seems like too many issues for me with mem slots. Gonna try some afr tonight that is prepped for cold to see if helps at all.

It's so frustrating to see 6.5ghz pass in 06 but score so far off because stock mem.

Thanks for the tip.

• Like 1

Clean the socket man, thats where your problems are, had similar issues, had litle traces of vaseline on some pins and on cold weird behaviour occured.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Should I spray some of the crc contact cleaner? The bottom of my case king cpu came a little dirty, I cleaned really well with alcohol, that shouldnt be it right?

Because I always kept my socket so clean, but maybe a tiny bit of vas melted underneath or something.