HWBOT Community Forums

• Administrators

This OS does not support ram disk size above 124mb when I install, very funny :D - thanks for headsup on the performace edition, might give it a try, I think I started form wrong direction when I made transition to 1151, should have started with full xp and then strip one by one instead of using old built.

Guest barbonenet

Too lite...http://www.hwlegend.com/bbforum/viewtopic.php?f=219&t=7907&sid=a05625555507f1aca49ffd3dda3420bc

Follow this guide(mine) and keep the floppy support too(u can remove oobe)

Sent from my E2353 using Tapatalk

Edited by barbonenet

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Possible reasons for a fail can be floppy support missing on your XP Iso, corrupted files, wrong files (64 instead of 32bit for example when you try to work with 32bit xp)and iirc I had this one or two times when I selected usb uefi as first boot and not usb stick "normal". Very hard to judge for me from distance, if you have correct working files and install named XP.iso it is all I can think of at the moment

P.S. please also check your BIOS version if it is XP capable

Edited by websmile

Thanks Websmile, Correct files and BIOS AFIK came from massmans list for the Hero. Have tried different USB slots and booted in normal. Scratching my head right now. I'm going to put a different image on the USB and give it another go.

EDIT: Must have been a bad image? It's working now thanks

Edited by Johan45

• 2 weeks later...
Hey TL, does the firmware on the first page for the OC Panel work on the OC Panel 1? Want to flash it, don't want to brick it.

I have been using mine without even flashing, of course some options I don't use and cache ratio isn't there but everything else works fine, but I think they did add firmware on first page for oc panel 1

I have been using mine without even flashing, of course some options I don't use and cache ratio isn't there but everything else works fine, but I think they did add firmware on first page for oc panel 1

I bricked 2 of them trying to update, finally just gave up and stuck with the original RVE FW

I have done the same, can pause and slow mode fine. Nothing else of course. When it's plugged in though, appear TurboV doesn't work, but I might not have Connect installed.

I don't want to brick it like Gunslinger. Been with me from RIVBE to Z97. Want to have it a bit longer....lol

I have done the same, can pause and slow mode fine. Nothing else of course. When it's plugged in though, appear TurboV doesn't work, but I might not have Connect installed.

I don't want to brick it like Gunslinger. Been with me from RIVBE to Z97. Want to have it a bit longer....lol

Actually for me a lot of things have worked. So far I have tried bclk, cpu ratio and cpu vcore, and the slow mode and retry all works plus the start button. I haven't tried anything else so I can't confirm, I think it had rve firmware on it

also yes my turbov works at same time.

The only reason I even tried is because the one that came with my m8e was working funny at first but for some reason seems to work fine now, so I used my old one for awhile

Edited by Strong Island

I have bricked my first OC panel and order another ,you need to update the firmware via previous gen. platform wish someone can post all the procedures/apps here the biggest problem is luck of OC panel 2,there should be an option to buy OC Panel with all ROG boards ,come on guys !

EDit; or at list make them available

Edited by coolhand411

I bricked 2 of them trying to update, finally just gave up and stuck with the original RVE FW

I have bricked my first OC panel and order another ,you need to update the firmware via previous gen. platform wish someone can post all the procedures/apps here the biggest problem is luck of OC panel 2,there should be an option to buy OC Panel with all ROG boards ,come on guys !

EDit; or at list make them available

May i know both of your ROG OC Panel Firmware Tool version and OS?