HWBOT Community Forums

My 290X is never gonna be same again

buildzoid

So I decided that now that I have a Fury I could practice my volt modding on my 290X and this is the end result:

attachment.php?attachmentid=3185&d=1440118866

It still works but it no longer fits the stock cooler so I can't test if the volt mod actually works until I get an alternative cooler for it. Either way I'm glad I did the 290X first because now I won't make the same mistake when I do my Fury.

Can anyone guess what I did?

you should pay a lot attention about that cooper mosfet´s when you did that OCP mod ( ocp per phase) !!!!! , they become very HOT even at 1.3v ...should use the VRM with a massive heatsink on mos fet´s and a powerfull fan over it!

1.45 to 1.5v kill the vga instantly ...

Edited by nachtfalke

you should pay a lot attention about that cooper mosfet´s when you did that OCP mod ( ocp per phase) !!!!! , they become very HOT even at 1.3v ...should use the VRM with a massive heatsink on mos fet´s and a powerfull fan over it!

1.45 to 1.5v kill the vga instantly ...

Thanks for pointing that out. The OCP is only raised by 10% so it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Either way I'm going to be making a new heatsink for the VRM since the first one I made only kept it at around 80C on 1.35V with a 4K RPM fan on it.

you don´t understand , that ocp mod modify the mosfets switching freq ...and they are very sensitive ...they die without reason , even with very small amount of voltage in GPU!!!! be carfully with volts in gpu because one ( ore more)phase can every time shorted!

Edited by nachtfalke

you don´t understand , that ocp mod modify the mosfets switching freq ...and they are very sensitive ...they die without reason , even with very small amount of voltage in GPU!!!! be carfully with volts in gpu because one ( ore more)phase can every time shorted!

Do you have a full datasheet for the IR 3567B? I've been struggling with making everything work with just the public one and the IR 3567A datasheet(seems to be basically the same controller and the datasheet is a little more detailed)

It can be or not , don´t exist till now a fully explination what did exactly that OCP mod , one thing is sure sooner or later mosfets will burn anyway , particularly small ones.

for those cards best way is VID mode and problem are solved!

Edited by nachtfalke