HWBOT Community Forums

Low-end VGA modding competition - anyone up for organizing it?

Massman

Stage 1: 3dmark 01 (will be cpu limited on the amd side but not Intel)

That rule does not make sense. 3DMark 01 is very sensitive to hi-fsb CPU's and therefore will react well on not restricted Intel CPU's, turning that into CPU bench.

Stage 2: 3dmark 03

Agreed.

Stage 3: Unigne Heaven basic

Nope, since Heaven wrapper is failing to work on many cases, therefore we cannot use it in stage, what it is:

http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=142412

Stage 4: 3dmark Vantage (GPU score)

Low-end cards cannot run 3DMark Vantage at all...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, ok we shouldn't use heaven because you have problems with it. Once again lol

P.S. Any problems I've had with it was fixed by a reinstall of windows

I know for a fact that 3dmark 01 isn't a cpu bench with modern Intel cpus and gt 610 http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=1125294

If Vantage doesn't work on low end cards explain this

http://hwbot.org/submission/2493728_12_3dmark_vantage___performance_radeon_hd_5450_gddr3_3048_marks

Maybe next time instead of trying to shoot down what I say you can add something constructive

Lol, ok we shouldn't use heaven because you have problems with it. Once again lol

P.S. Any problems I've had with it was fixed by a reinstall of windows

I know for a fact that 3dmark 01 isn't a cpu bench with modern Intel cpus and gt 610 http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=1125294

If Vantage doesn't work on low end cards explain this

http://hwbot.org/submission/2493728_12_3dmark_vantage___performance_radeon_hd_5450_gddr3_3048_marks

Maybe next time instead of trying to shoot down what I say you can add something constructive

Welcome to the game. :D

No, just no

If it was limited to 775 and below 90% of hwbot's active members wouldn't be able to compete so it's best not make such a stupid limit especially when you guys have the old school comp

Trying to make sure benchs are as little cpu limited as possible I'm not against because it makes the comp more newb friendly but trying to limit to 775 and below is plain stupid

Edited by newlife

To elaborate and sound less like an ass

The idea of a cheap gpus comp is to draw in newcomers and people who have been overclocking for awhile now but too afraid to mod cards out of fear they will kill their $500+ gpu and most of these people only really have modern Intel cpus and won't have to buy cpu/mb/ram

sure you have DDR3 ram. 775mobo + E8xxx in russia cost maybe 30$+20$...all you need its 50$. thats oldschool, only skills in overclocking VGA with no CPU profit. not this "true" new overclocking when put old card on x770k cpu and get gold medals....wow cool overclocker here....ahahahah

a stupid

is plain stupid

stop post stupid posts plz, its like you stupid, not the limitation.

Edited by gradus

trying to limit to 775 and below is plain stupid

Then how about to limit it up to Socket 462 for AMD and Socket 478 for Intel CPU's? That go nicely with the low-end VGA competition ;)

Heck, we could try ISA cards for LULZ :) How much they could overclock, after all...? What is the fatest ISA card...? :D

sure you have DDR3 ram. 775mobo + E8xxx in russia cost maybe 30$+20$...all you need its 50$. thats oldschool, only skills in overclocking VGA with no CPU profit. not this "true" new overclocking when put old card on x770k cpu and get gold medals....wow cool overclocker here....ahahahah

stop post stupid posts plz, its like you stupid, not the limitation.

Sounds to me that someone is butthurt because they don't have skylake :D

Sounds to me that someone is butthurt because they don't have skylake :D

sounds like someoe 10y old.

Gradus, Trodas: I like your enthusiasm, but your request fit a lot better in the "Old School is Best School" competition :)

The goal for this competition is to use low-end, current generation graphics cards and have fun with them. The goal is not to limit everything ...

not everything, but cpu. bcz vga competition.

Edited by gradus

So how about this?

As for stages and hardware after a thought

HD 5450 because it's widely available and scales with cold although if you want something that doesn't scale with cold the gt610(gt520) will fill that spot

Maybe a cold and ambient comp

Stage 1: 3dmark 01 (will be cpu limited on the amd side but not Intel)

This would not be good idea, this is totally CPU dependent.

Stage 2: 3dmark 03

Stage 3: Unigne Heaven basic

Stage 4: 3dmark Vantage (GPU score)

Like that it removes pretty much any cpu bottlenecks and allows no need restrict the cpu clocks

Also for the name Cheapazchips GPU comp works

Checking availably of the gpu used is very important

Also I plan on helping people out in getting the card modded as that should allow a lot more to compete

3DMark01 is totally CPU dependent, any GPU running with Intel CPU have a huge advantage there.

3DMark03 is perfect, "easy" and with enough things to work around to have some fun time.

I suggest this two for replace Heaven and Vantage

1) GPU-PI 1B or 32B

2) 3DMark Cloud gate Graphics score

No, just no

If it was limited to 775 and below 90% of hwbot's active members wouldn't be able to compete so it's best not make such a stupid limit especially when you guys have the old school comp

Trying to make sure benchs are as little cpu limited as possible I'm not against because it makes the comp more newb friendly but trying to limit to 775 and below is plain stupid

Agree, I could buy some 775 parts but in that way would prefer skip that ad save for the 6700k and mobo...

I don't think the wrapper is failing in many instances, just a few really old hardware configurations. Either way, we can test the benchmarks first before choosing them. I have a 5450 and GT210 if we go that way, though it would be nice if we could find a different card. The 5450 ended up being massively memory bottle necked. The core had almost nothing to do with the score and if I recall the 210 didn't clock well at all.

Then we have 1 less to use...lets see..

attachment.php?attachmentid=3291&d=1442352894

01, AM3, GPUPI, Heaven are out. I am not sure but 06 is also influenced by CPU?

06 I think might be as bad ad 05 cpu wise

I don't think the wrapper is failing in many instances, just a few really old hardware configurations. Either way, we can test the benchmarks first before choosing them. I have a 5450 and GT210 if we go that way, though it would be nice if we could find a different card. The 5450 ended up being massively memory bottle necked. The core had almost nothing to do with the score and if I recall the 210 didn't clock well at all.

Yeah I think you might be spot on especially given the wrapper hasn't been updated in years

I have a 5450 and GT210 if we go that way, though it would be nice if we could find a different card. The 5450 ended up being massively memory bottle necked. The core had almost nothing to do with the score and if I recall the 210 didn't clock well at all.

I'm baseing this on availability in Australia but the gt 720 and 730 as well as r5 220 and 230 are valid options although more pricey than 5450 and GT 210

Edit: based on a comp we had on OCAU while memory was very important it still saw larger gains and the cards did clock pretty well as in 1400mhz+

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=1151880

Edited by newlife

xxbassplayerxx -

and if I recall the 210 didn't clock well at all

And the GT210 is current and low-end card by all means. I quess that we should give it a try ;) If it did not clock well at all, then one more reason for use that card, so it won't be just a "pay to win" competition about who can afford the fastest hardware and best bad-ass LN2 setup to run ;)

xxbassplayerxx -

And the GT210 is current and low-end card by all means. I quess that we should give it a try ;) If it did not clock well at all, then one more reason for use that card, so it won't be just a "pay to win" competition about who can afford the fastest hardware and best bad-ass LN2 setup to run ;)

With the way the benchs are looking it's going to be about who has the highest clocking card (both memory and core) and the gt210 has poor availably in Australia and costs more than a 5450 also it doesn't really matter what card you pick it's going to come down to the mods and how how high you can get it to clock

If you want to make it so people are on level grounds whether cold or ambient the gt610 is your card because it doesn't scale what so ever with temps

I'd like to look into GT720/740 as well. Anyone have one to test clocking?

I don't have either but I might grab a 720 at some point

I had a quick look into both the cards and the 720 and 730 gddr5 look to be rebrands of the GT635 and the 740 seems to be a slightly cutback 650