HWBOT Community Forums

Asrock Z170 OC Formula-DDR4

Guest Bullant

Couple more memory test with Z170 OCF and Kingston's AFR

11-16-16 278 @ 3950Mhz 47-48 rtls 8M pass

www1.png

11-17-17 278 4000Mhz 47-48 rtls not quite xtu stable

www.png

Plugged some samsung gskill 3000 15-15-15 kit,nothing spectacular bin and very cheap.

Board is very easy to work with so achieving 3733 c15 was only a 2 minute job,loading 3733 1.50V profile,changing C16 to C15 and upping voltage to 1.65V. Job done !

Also new function of retraining saves time,for example booting 3866 c16 took 3 attempts,before i had to do 4-5 resets and post failures which took time and nerves. !

3733c15nzkyv.png

3910c16l8kvz.png

Had a bout 3 lrts of LN2 to run some quick testing on some retail Ninja-V Panram memory's Ive had since X99,first time trying them on cold will test them again later.Will also try another retail Kingston kit Ive ordered soon

They also pasted rtls 46-48-6-7 as well @ these timings and speeds

a1.png

2ecndk8.jpg

2hplshf.jpg

w6xs3c.jpg

Guest Bullant

Lightly tested a set of retail Kingston HyperX Fury's today on air,kit is 2666 cl15-17-17 2X4Gb 1.2v,really nice kit and price is awesome,in Au this kit was $109 is really well priced for anyone want a good starting kit for LN2 memory's

http://www.hyperxgaming.com/en/memory/fury-ddr4

Passes 32m stability test @ 1.6v all air with std Intel HS,was with no waza and could require 1.61v with waza,will test bit further on air then see how well they scale on LN2 memory's,temps,volts and Mhz

re.png

Edited by Bullant

Guest Bullant
2666C15 1.2V is actually the hardest spec in Kingston's current retail range.

Ill run them up on cold tomorrow night see how good they scale

2666C15 1.2V is actually the hardest spec in Kingston's current retail range.

Really? That just seems...odd. I mean, Corsair has had kits spec'd for 2666 15-17-17 1.2v since the X99 launch and they weren't anything special, and G.Skill has had kits with timings 15-15-15 as well. Is Kingston doing some kind of special binning?

Guest Bullant

Quick cold memory prep for those Kingston HyperX fury memory's 2666 cl15 1.2v kit

The KP memory pot is good choice for when you want to leave the HS on the memory,normally swap this pot out to the EK pot when benching AFR and PSC and CB free memory

344a6g1.jpg

343i721.jpg

Guest Bullant

Gave them quick test on W10 no tweaks to OS,not bad for a low cost kit of $109 AU...will test little further then look to buy anther low cost kit to test......

11-15-15-28 3466 all tight 46-47 rtls pass

300b914.png

11-15-15-28 3600 all tight 46-47 rtls not quite pass, should pass with XP no problem

2zxz1xh.png

21976dw.jpg

Guest Sinebrychof

Guys what kind of scaling should I expect with MFR on ambient as I havent got much time yet to play around. When going well over 3100 cl12 the sticks start not to like higher vdimm, like 3160 could run stable at 1.56v but when applying 1.62v could mean instant freeze.

Guest Bullant

Yeah splave that's the kit,not sure if the cold result is good from these sticks or not but was all I could seem to get out of them

@Luumi I'm not sure man the few kits I've tested "mfr" seem to be about 1.67v max scalling for me on air,then again I haven't really tried more then 1.7v air really as I normally just do light testing on air .What are your memory's ?

Just do quick test with one dim at a time to see volts,MHz scalling from each dim just to rule out any faulty dims

Edited by Bullant

Guest Bullant
I did that quickly, 1 of my 4 sticks is really bad at this. I have 2666 c13 hyperx predator kit.

So when you tried before 3200 cl12 were you using 4 dims ?

if so try 2 of the good dims only for cl12 3200

Also did 3 dims pass 3200 cl12 1 dim at a time? ,Did one bad dim not pass? Did the bad dim cause freeze again at all?

It will be little harder to pass 3200 cl12 with 4 dims but will depend on imc and how weak that bad dim is,I don't have a 4 dim z170 board and haven't tested 4 dims on this platform,If I did have 4 dim board I could just test my retails mfr for you.Just see what that weak dim does by itself MHz volts wise ,is it freezing when going to high on volts

Edited by Bullant

Guest Bullant
Hey Luumi, I have tested a few Kingston Kits (on X99, if that matters) and sticks that can't take more than 1560MHz / 1575MHz C12 are not uncommon. Results from bullant's Fury kit with 3200C12 at 1.6V look quite good

Yeah I seen this from someone els kit the other day from 4x4 one dim was quite bad,always pay to test all dims

• Administrators

XP won´t be faster without waza anyway, you won´t save time xD. @Luumi I made a couple of full-slot tests, this works but is not too easy to handle, binning should be done in single or dual when you think one stick is weak, all air, so results will be easier with wc or cold

geil16gb081145ghz32mpjsgj.jpg geekbench5.1ghz6600k1crkp4.jpg

Very hard on skylake to keep good real tight rtls on air for me, no matter which board I use or mems, IMC on air fights hard :D

Guest Sinebrychof

Ofc i only use 2 sticks max. I tested all 4 sticks individually and one stick is really bad compared to others in testing voltage :P.

It starts failing at 1.56v.