HWBOT Community Forums

Asrock Z170 OC Formula-DDR4

Guest Bullant

Guest Bullant
Since I'm in this thread already, bought the board yesterday - first result with Samsung, quite easy to get a start using the presets :)

Will get XP on there ASAP.

20151007-010805b7ud9.png

Nice work man

Guest Bullant
XP won´t be faster without waza anyway, you won´t save time xD. @Luumi I made a couple of full-slot tests, this works but is not too easy to handle, binning should be done in single or dual when you think one stick is weak, all air, so results will be easier with wc or cold

geil16gb081145ghz32mpjsgj.jpg geekbench5.1ghz6600k1crkp4.jpg

Very hard on skylake to keep good real tight rtls on air for me, no matter which board I use or mems, IMC on air fights hard :D

These are mfr web?

@Luumi looks like it's bad dim mate if it's failing at those low volts,all the other dims keep scaling 1.65v?

Guest Sinebrychof

They scaled up to 1.65v at 3000 cl11 yes, but like splave mentioned in the old MFR thread at oc.guide the higher voltage starts to do more bad than good when going near 3200. I actually havent managed to post 3200.

To get near 3200 I need to post and boot like 3150 and then set in OS. Are correct RTL/IOls at 3200 cl12 46-47/6-6 or 47-48/7-7 without tweaking the IOls?

Edited by Sinebrychof

Since I'm in this thread already, bought the board yesterday - first result with Samsung, quite easy to get a start using the presets :)

Will get XP on there ASAP.

20151007-010805b7ud9.png

Glad to see my 4000 c15 tight profile is working well :)

As Bully said man, awesome work 4000 c15 first touch @ air is a phenomenal start, 4200 c16 or bust next :D

Guest Bullant
They scaled up to 1.65v at 3000 cl11 yes, but like splave mentioned in the old MFR thread at oc.guide the higher voltage starts to do more bad than good when going near 3200. I actually havent managed to post 3200.

To get near 3200 I need to post and boot like 3150 and then set in OS. Are correct RTL/IOls at 3200 cl12 46-47/6-6 or 47-48/7-7 without tweaking the IOls?

47-48 rtls are fine for cl12

Glad to see my 4000 c15 tight profile is working well :)

As Bully said man, awesome work 4000 c15 first touch @ air is a phenomenal start, 4200 c16 or bust next :D

Hey loud, working all smooth, thanks for sharing :)

Just started single stick testing, this plus spending lots of time in the UEFI and seeing how training behaves goes a long way. Will attempt C16 (and fail, probably) - however I have a feeling I'm not done with C15 just yet :D

20151008-004102b3szf.png

Edit: 4100C15 Dual

20151008-0311061islq.png

Edited by aerotracks

Guest Bullant
This is with cold memory right? I've not been keeping track of DDR4 clocking at all but that speed seems way too high for air :P

This will be air mate,this new Samsung-E is really good,be interesting to see how it goes on cold,even if only cold it tightens trcd-tras it still be good

It's is very high volts so where yet to see if it will degrade the memory that I've been told it can

Guest Bullant
Well then, sign me up for some Samsung-E, I really want to get hold of some and have a go on cold with it now.

Like you said even if we only see a little bit of scaling with it, it's going to be brilliant on cold :D

Someone might want to confirm but yeah I'm told it is the new sammy-E ,yeah it does look good and want a kit too

Nice result to aero

One stick fails 20-20, so it's 11-21-21. Win7 didn't care, but in XP it matters.

4000C11 2.17V, small waza

20151009-224258p6ugt.png

For some reason I can't train above 2010MHz with 1T, doesn't matter if it's C11, C15 or C19. Wonder what that's about.

It is speed limit by IC maybe. Try to loose trp/trcd might help you

Also the last 2 third timing.

@nickolp1974 Hey so I tried 4000 13-21-21 last night, when I dialed in your timings it gave me a 55. I was able to do a non waza pass with tRDWR timings auto at 1.72V. Which memories do you have?

Tightened it up a little at 4000C11. Long time effects of overvolting are a big guessing game at this point of course, seeing scaling with additional voltage is good enough in my book - should something die it'll have been sacrificed in the name of science :D

20151011-1652274kubt.png

Edited by aerotracks

4000C13!! Nice ;) any chance you could do a pi32 run at X45/45 multi so I can gauge perf.

My mems are the team extreme 2x4gb 3866mhz kit which I presume are the Samsung-e.

The max voltage I have tried so far is 1.97, in my short testing I'm finding the 3733 strap is working well for me which then allows a little headroom pushing up the bclk in a few bench's without going past my already uncomfortable voltage limit.

Can't wait to see what Bullant can do with the samsungs, no doubt be putting everyone to shame!!