HWBOT Community Forums

Asrock Z170 OC Formula-DDR4

Guest Bullant

Guest Bullant
If I get some PSC, what should I look out for? Anything that does 2666 8-12-8 or better on air at less than 1.97v?

Hey mate,when buying gskill Pi I would only buy code KO 8155 and KO 8117 don't bother with cod "ST" unless cheap as doesn't hurt to try them

If you can find any KO code 2000 cl6- 2200 cl7 - 2300 cl8 that do say 2666-2700 air with volts around 1.93 say air are going to be ok to try cold .lot of the 2200 cl7 kits will only do cl7 cold but some do cl6 of the 5 kits of these I've tested 2 kits do cl6 on cold.The KO 8155 2000 cl6 kit is what I've just posted with the other day they do 2700 cl8 air 1.93v,kit KO 8155-8117 2000 cl6 seem to be a good choice for cold

In some of my testing with a really good air kit they showed good ln2 clocks but volts limited the stability on ln2 ,I do need to test them again tho.

If I get some PSC, what should I look out for? Anything that does 2666 8-12-8 or better on air at less than 1.97v?

1.97v for 2666c8 is too high in my opinion, but that's using OCF. I never even use over 1.93 on air since it hardly helps anyways. My better than average kits will do 2700-2720 on 1.88v or even 8-11-7 (2666) around same volts.2800c8 is possible on air but has crummy efficiancy . Not all st pcb is bad, but more of a gamble. Right now my best mems are on 8155 G.Skill and 8117 Patriot. The 2 kits of Patriots seem to be CB free but not all imc's like them...maybe because they are 1066 and not 1333mhz oem specced. Also keep in mind kits like 2000c6 may have a hard time w just xmp enabled, but if you are running them that way then they are not for you. JK. As always YMMV

• Like 1

Guest Bullant

Best memory no need when your starting out cold memory,you can have the best memory in the world but if you haven't done the hard yards what good is it,sure better memory will help but if haven't built your base you won't use it to its full potential.

Best advice I can give people starting out is get some psc and start benching it under cold to get a feel for what everything does,you need to master your insulation then the bios of what ever board your using.The z97 ocf won't do rtls of what you see on ln2 board but the ocf is the most easiest fully setup board I've ever used for cold memory's,so z97 ocf is a great choice to start out on ,why ?Well there is no training of rtls and other stuff on this board it's that good it does it all for you

Remember why benching cold memory at say even 7-11-7 2666 you need to also dial volts of your CPU in,vcore,vccin,uncore volts,imc,ioa,iod.Having these all over the place can result in a fail at 2600 7-11-7 even if memory are proven 2900 cl6

Every CPU is little different as is every memory

Well said, I practice on Trident 2000c 9 9 9 psc and they are actually really good, better than 2200c7 for me. OCF is easiest and my fav board for cold benching in general. Just starting to play with Impact VI, z97 SOC Force and X Power with cold mems as I feel it is important to learn them all

Guest Bullant
Well said, I practice on Trident 2000c 9 9 9 psc and they are actually really good, better than 2200c7 for me. OCF is easiest and my fav board for cold benching in general. Just starting to play with Impact VI, z97 SOC Force and X Power with cold mems as I feel it is important to learn them all

Yeah I've tested a kit if 2200 cl7 little while ago and the guy I bought them from had just rma the daul kit so he received new rma kit then sold them to me along with a third stick same 2200 stick but different batch"ST code"the two rma sticks are like 2750-2770 tight air 8-12-8 and that third stick he sent as well is so bad lol

Edited by Bullant

i just ordered some kingstong that should have afr. the 2800 bin is basically guaranteed to be afr since it was OoS till late yesterday

3daysto ship tho now since they stopped using ontrac

wtf is with tridentZ 2 of the 8 sticks I have bought from various bins have died..

I gave up on c11 high freq.. IMCs are wierd on these Skylakes I swear I had one do c11 4000@ 2v SSphase/water and I sold that chip cuz core was subpar.. now none of my other chips can do it...

I just did a quick test to see if my sticks were DOA so I didn't know at that time that the IMC was special

i just ordered some kingstong that should have afr. the 2800 bin is basically guaranteed to be afr since it was OoS till late yesterday

3daysto ship tho now since they stopped using ontrac

wtf is with tridentZ 2 of the 8 sticks I have bought from various bins have died..

What kits were OOS. The Savage or Predator? 2x4gb or 4x4gb

2800 and 3000 predator. 2666 iss currently OoS so once they get new stock...

the 2666 fury might be worth a shot

my 2800 will be here today so.. ill let y'all know if they are or are not.. definitively.

Anyone got AFR timings and etc to bin by?

Edited by Random

2800 and 3000 predator. 2666 iss currently OoS so once they get new stock...

the 2666 fury might be worth a shot

my 2800 will be here today so.. ill let y'all know if they are or are not.. definitively.

Anyone got AFR timings and etc to bin by?

Have you got these yet? I would just use afr presets and tighten from there to c11 to c12

I got em yesterday but i had to finish prepping mobo for cold since i was already started. Gonna start shortly here. Just gotta do paper towels and install phase now

I dont want to desink and void anything till i found sticks worth freezing so... i am finding out through performance

Had to clean up my workspace too since i havent benched in about a month

First stick c12 3600 a-die preset 1loop so maybe

99% sure i killed a mem slot/channel though. If left dimm is populated i get 4c and 00 loop

stick 2 http://imgur.com/l91avJG

3 of 8 sticks do c12 3600 so far @ 1.75

So 6/12 do c12 3600 @1.747v

Edited by Random

I got em yesterday but i had to finish prepping mobo for cold since i was already started. Gonna start shortly here. Just gotta do paper towels and install phase now

I dont want to desink and void anything till i found sticks worth freezing so... i am finding out through performance

Had to clean up my workspace too since i havent benched in about a month

First stick c12 3600 a-die preset 1loop so maybe

99% sure i killed a mem slot/channel though. If left dimm is populated i get 4c and 00 loop

stick 2 http://imgur.com/l91avJG

3 of 8 sticks do c12 3600 so far @ 1.75

So 6/12 do c12 3600 @1.747v

Looking pretty good so far for air, maybe one of the guys lucky enough to have the 3466 afr kits can chime in with an opinion, or share a little knowledge

Approx Real voltage.

So... final results... Fluke 289 DMM

C11 3333 @1.715V Tight, 24 loops into c12 28 3733 approx1.8v

C11 3333 @ 1.7422vtight

What v should i stip binning at for c11 3333 and c12 3733?

r7XiBic.png

ln2 -80c no mount

2.0033v

7fho6cG.png

1.8996v

this is the weaker best stick that does c11 3333 @ 1.7422v

Edited by Random