HWBOT Community Forums

Asrock Z170 OC Formula-DDR4

Guest Bullant

Guest barbonenet

Sorry loud, can i use this bios even with my 6700k? Or is better swap bios only when i need to overclock a notK cpu?? I ask this, because i read on another board, there is an AlphaBios only for these Cpus, and it isnt for dayuse. Thanks

Sent from my E2353 using Tapatalk

Sorry loud, can i use this bios even with my 6700k? Or is better swap bios only when i need to overclock a notK cpu?? I ask this, because i read on another board, there is an AlphaBios only for these Cpus, and it isnt for dayuse. Thanks

Sent from my E2353 using Tapatalk

Have not tried a 6700K on this bios yet, but on non k sku if you can live with no power management then I don't see why not.

I also noticed that IGP did not work in OS in my case - in bios and while loading everything was OK, and then screen went blank and freeze. Safe mode worked OK.

@websmile - nice, 1.28 for 4500 makes me want to check mine.

I miss one thing in that bios, well, two - CPU and cache ratio. Earlier bioses had a side effect that if you installed a K CPU and then locked one, ratios were visible and set to previous values. I'd like to check if 200x20 is possible, and what it gives. :)

i have 4x4gb gskill ripjaws IV 3200-c15, i think they are hynix MFR

they are XMP 15-15-35-2T

My trouble : unfortunately Going 1T never works, even with 1.5 dram voltage

IO and SA at 1.25, also tried more like 1.3 or 1.35 but still no boot

i was able to boot at default cpu but then ibt and superpi are not stable with 1T (even with 1.5v)

any idea ?

any suggestions to make my ram working fine with 1T on thos motherboard ?

Edited by dhaine

I'm wondering what's a good set of ram for this board?? Currently have some G Skill Ripjaw 5's and can do C11 @ 1900 and a bit but I just can't seem to get the next divider to work :( Me thinks ram not quite as good as I need it to be... Can anyone suggest anything?? Looking at a quad channel kit so I can use it with my X99 rigs too....

Guest Bullant
I'm wondering what's a good set of ram for this board?? Currently have some G Skill Ripjaw 5's and can do C11 @ 1900 and a bit but I just can't seem to get the next divider to work :( Me thinks ram not quite as good as I need it to be... Can anyone suggest anything?? Looking at a quad channel kit so I can use it with my X99 rigs too....

So you can do cl11 @3800mhz? If so sound like sammy-e-die,also cl11 3800 is really good,better then this you'll have to wait for sammy B-die.......

I have managed this with a 6600k

mLKMF8m.png

but I can manage this with a 6320 I have at the moment...

udWZCth.png

I'm just struggling with gaining that extra point in XTU for 740... I wish I knew what I was doing wrong!!

When might Sammy B be out and on what memory sticks?

I have managed this with a 6600k

I'm just struggling with gaining that extra point in XTU for 740... I wish I knew what I was doing wrong!!

When might Sammy B be out and on what memory sticks?

Try to lower tRCD/RP I find that it is more efficient to run 12 19 19 28 4000ish mhz or 11 18 18 28 3800ish mhz than 12 20 20 28 at a higher frequency such as 4133+

attachment.php?attachmentid=3611&stc=1&d=1450225355

NINJA EDIT, I'd update bios to 1.90 too, sammy e die runs better

Edited by GtiJason

I wish I could but it won't even post around 3980, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with the 6320 chip.. I'm not sure the ram will work at much lower timings for some reason it just seems to give me errors on bootup...

I will try it before I go to bed.. I don't want it to beat me!! :lol: