HWBOT Community Forums

Asrock Z170 OC Formula-DDR4

Guest Bullant

Guest barbonenet

Ah ok ahahhaha;) u will loose all setting....take a picture of all setting, so u can use them again if something go wrong

Sent from my E2353 using Tapatalk

I was more so worried about the cache speed etc? How will that work if I flash it? When I swapped over the 6600k to the 6320 the CPU ratio etc was all messed up and it wouldn't run at it's max speed... Any ideas? I had to swap back to the 6600k to get back the CPU ratio locked at x39, same as the cache speed.. Is there any way around it?

I bought my board with a 1.30 version on it I think, I flashed it to 1.70 but still had this issue with the cache/multi speed.. There's just no option in the bios to change it but it states in the book that the CPU ratio/cache ratio will only show if you use a k CPU like 6600k/6700k...

When I put this CPU in the board, it would show the right speed in the bios but when I upped the BCLK, in Windows it would loose the 39x multi and drop to 38x multi as well as a 38x cache speed.. as you can see below:

7w6nCs3.png

It's done just that now with the reflash of the bios, so I need a K chip to unlock it so I can lock the multi at 39x not 38x.. Damn shame I won't be cracking that 740 point score that has broken me for the past 4 days.... and some....

Well with the 1.92 bios, it's the same, unless your overclocking the BCLK, in which case it does stay at the right speed.. Only problem is the obvious 100C temp reading...

Not sure I'll be pushing it too hard, but we will give it a go and see how much luck holds out :) Ram can wait for a minute and we can just test the CPU....

After this is done, X99!! :D

Guest Bullant
I have managed this with a 6600k

mLKMF8m.png

but I can manage this with a 6320 I have at the moment...

udWZCth.png

I'm just struggling with gaining that extra point in XTU for 740... I wish I knew what I was doing wrong!!

When might Sammy B be out and on what memory sticks?

I'm not fully sure when we see them,I did see people talking about them in the chat bar earlier,not sure what the retail B-die sticks be like compared to the ES sticks that we seen posted but in the correct hands with the B-die ES sticks I think you see low to mid 5m 55s on 32m @ 5ghz.Lets hope the retail ones are as good

Edited by Bullant

I bought my board with a 1.30 version on it I think, I flashed it to 1.70 but still had this issue with the cache/multi speed.. There's just no option in the bios to change it but it states in the book that the CPU ratio/cache ratio will only show if you use a k CPU like 6600k/6700k...

When I put this CPU in the board, it would show the right speed in the bios but when I upped the BCLK, in Windows it would loose the 39x multi and drop to 38x multi as well as a 38x cache speed.. as you can see below:

It's done just that now with the reflash of the bios, so I need a K chip to unlock it so I can lock the multi at 39x not 38x.. Damn shame I won't be cracking that 740 point score that has broken me for the past 4 days.... and some....

You had the patience to run that for four days? Locked i3 XTU has got to be the most boring thing in OC

Try P1.90 for proper multi adjustment with locked i3

You had the patience to run that for four days? Locked i3 XTU has got to be the most boring thing in OC

Try P1.90 for proper multi adjustment with locked i3

I'm not going to lie, it was hell lol

I've updated the bios but now I need an unlocked CPU so I can lock the 6320 at 39x CPU multi and cache, got no chance with standard multi..

I'm moving on the the 1.92 bios and I'm trying my luck with that.. Then on to X99 and seeing what I can do with that. Only have a 5820k which I'm not sure how good an overclocker it is, but I'm sure to find out soon when I turn it on :D I can't wait! :)

Got myself a kit of Ripjaws, of the now out-of-fashion E style. The handling of these is funny, sticks individually train 2000MHz 1T, but not together. So the ritual is train at 99.3 and raise to 100 in Windows :D

Another strange thing is that I always need a cold start for C12, simple reboots net me code 35.

@Random: B-die is confirmed on these? Out of stock over here it seems

20151216-2033007csnc.png