HWBOT Community Forums

Asrock Z170 OC Formula-DDR4

Guest Bullant

A question not specifically related to this board but to the Z170 chip set, did anyone one you guys notice that the RAM is asking for more Vdimm for a set profile vs X99.

For Example, 3000C11 needing 1.65V on X99 & 1.7V on Z170. Is this only happening to me or universal. ?

Hey,my memory is little different in volts scaling for those two platforms on cold memory's ,x99 memory scaled to 1.82v say and on z170 it's 1.7v for same memory's,not sure if it's my memory's or platform,imc .Have you got another CPU or three you can try to see if it's any different between the imcs ?

Hey,my memory is little different in volts scaling for those two platforms on cold memory's ,x99 memory scaled to 1.82v say and on z170 it's 1.7v for same memory's,not sure if it's my memory's or platform,imc .Have you got another CPU or three you can try to see if it's any different between the imcs ?

Had 2 CPUs, but sold the other one. :(

On air it appears that I can push more voltage on Z170.

I got to play with the OC Formula and it is a solid board for sure.Quick testing 4-dimm MFR kit from x99 could perform easy 3200 C12 tight or 3333 C13,also samsung 3733 15-18-18 or 3866 16-19-19 was a breeze with a r retail G.skill X99 3000 15-15-15 kit.

I might add that the volts needed on x99 are the same like Z170 so i guess it is off to little bit of tuning to get the results to x99 and ofc higher.

snaphsot0022usj5p.png

snaphsot0023wjk4w.png

Edited by Alex@ro

Its a nice board alex

Went to try some XTU today as im still waiting on some new paste,thought I just test the delid with some cheap paste"Ceramique2",So I tested the 5Ghz xtu @ 1.5v"splaves volt delid test" @ -90 and looks like the cheap paste didn't hold up 86c ahahah

Just the one quick run @ 5Ghz ,with some Kingston mems, Hynix MFR -3739 @ -100 1.67v

I'm gaining about 600Mhz of memory freq from air to cold mems @ same volts, Hynix Mfr are scaling quite nice on cold

5g.png

Edited by Bullant

Is all you really need to do for hynix cold is to add cold and scale frequency?

jeez I need to get some more LET and sacrifice some mobos to the LN2 gods

staying under 1.52v helps for 5.3ghz this was 1.506v max on dmm

http://hwbot.org/submission/2976507_random_xtu_core_i7_6700k_1218_marks?recalculate=true

You should take your time to work board and air out before trying cold memory

Not sure why your adding more vcccio volts as I said before nicks auto values are fine,your dram volts are also way to high,you need to start low 1.62v and you mite find "your" memory will pass 3200 cl11 @ 1.67v or lower,to many people make the mistake of overvolting memory,all memory ,Hynix ,psc ,bbse,Samsung good bad memory ,air cold memory has its limit,if you slow things down and do in steps your memory will tell you when it's enough

You have to understand memory can train easier at lower volts on these z97-z170 platforms

Edited by Bullant

random check the thread over at XS OCF thread,is some useful stuff over there,it's always good idea to break Overclocking down I feel,so just leave CPU at say 4ghz and work on memory only clocking,then work on CPU only clocking find there limits and what makes them work.Once you've done this then running the two together is much easier,quite often trying to do both to the extreme can affect overall,so imo work on one at a time and the two will be lot easier

I used 4.8 preset to save time and I guess that was a bad idea...

no idea whats in there but... this is 4.7 @ 1.2v 4.5cache c16 3333 xmp

http://hwbot.org/submission/2976992_random_xtu_core_i7_6700k_1475_marks?recalculate=true

Are you using ln2? Cause your saying your using the ln2 profile ? That has the pll volts set higher that is only for ln2 usage,it will cause some heat if you CPU isn't cold enough

Edited by Bullant

thanks I will check out XS

I told you 4 days ago that your couple volts settings was to high,I don't really like helping people that when I tell them what to do and then they say they got it from somewhere els,as I said I think you should get your info on XS thread.Is pretty much why I only like to post results and not say to much.I did see your last post before you edited it

I am an idiot, but I will elaborate You didnt say any specific voltages, autos didnt help me, and i saw specific voltages (1.2v) on xs last night.

Thanks for your help though. Sorry...

I deleted all my r e t a r d e d posts so.. sorry.

Edited by Random

I am an idiot, but I will elaborate You didnt say any specific voltages, autos didnt help me, and i saw specific voltages (1.2v) on xs last night.

Thanks for your help though. Sorry...

I deleted all my r e t a r d e d posts so.. sorry.

On auto they run 1.2v and 1.25v and I did say i dropped one down,I too run both at 1.2v,dropping the 1.25v to 1.2v gave me stability,they both run fine at auto as well,if you have any more problems just post in XS thread and im sure they will help you

Im not calling you a idiot,you just need to take your time and learn the platform,I have pointed out things about volts and stuff 'overvolting"Ive said all I want to say about this and you are welcome to post some results if you like

Edited by Bullant

Quick test tonight with really nice Kingston 3466 AFR,all really tight subs, rtls 47-48 4-5 iols think few things may have been little to tight for xtu ,1.74v only tested to -120 so far,will take couple session to work these memory's settings out,trfc will run at 278 as well

Memory seem to train very nice with board, on air and cold memory's and respond really well to to cold as does MFR

Will run some 32M over the next coming days...

pp.png

Couple more test with Kingston's 3466 AFR Memory's and Asrocks Z170 OCF

Cl10 -15-15-28-278 3735Mhz -44-45 rtls 8M pass and 8 loops of 32m,will keep pushing....

1111.png

Some xtu efficiency 5ghz with a 17 point improvement

11111.png

rw5qhy.jpg

Here are some of my tests on Z170 OCF:

3200 12-15-15-28-1 @ 1.58V

[ATTACH]3307[/ATTACH]

3470 14-16-16-28-1 @ 1.47V

[ATTACH]3308[/ATTACH]

3470 13-16-16-28-1 @ 1.47V

[ATTACH]3309[/ATTACH]

It's my first interaction with ASRock OC Formula, but I can say I love it! Great job Nick Shih!

Edited by Bruno