HWBOT Community Forums

Asrock Z170 OC Formula-DDR4

Guest Bullant

I generally run 1.2 max for both, less io unless needed. Was still 1.15 1.2 when 3950 1t on 6320. Was doing 3866 1t sub 1.8v no problem on 6700 1.93. Flashed 2.02, took ages to get 3866 running again, tested for 4k and all went tits up. (4k 1t bios easy, win splash pass then black screen, tested max of 1.25, 1.3, 1.9 making no difference from <1.2, <1.25, <1.85). Kmode exception and 021a at random, 3733 2t failing 32m, 1t hit and miss into bios/win , bios running super slow, no power up even after unplug Psu from mobo. Pretty much every completely random non event possible. Away to check on xpower and rule out board. Won't have spare chip till later on in the week and need to get my kits binned. The joys. :)

Sure hope it's nothing serious, I've had all kinds of weird bunnyextraction happening especially trying to run 1T and even more so testing 4 x 8gb B die. I'm wondering when I get a 1t capable board if I'll need to up my v dimm a lot from 1t, hope not but I have decent headroom, was able to run 8m at 4000c12 at 1.72v, 4080 takes around 1.8 for this and 4133c12 I am still working on rtl's volts stability etc.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3811&stc=1&d=1453776219

attachment.php?attachmentid=3812&stc=1&d=1453776219

attachment.php?attachmentid=3813&stc=1&d=1453776219

Guest george.kokovinis
Sure hope it's nothing serious, I've had all kinds of weird bunnyextraction happening especially trying to run 1T and even more so testing 4 x 8gb B die. I'm wondering when I get a 1t capable board if I'll need to up my v dimm a lot from 1t, hope not but I have decent headroom, was able to run 8m at 4000c12 at 1.72v, 4080 takes around 1.8 for this and 4133c12 I am still working on rtl's volts stability etc.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3811&stc=1&d=1453776219

attachment.php?attachmentid=3812&stc=1&d=1453776219

attachment.php?attachmentid=3813&stc=1&d=1453776219

Two sticks of ram and 2T is the easiest scenario for the IMC.

Things get pretty ugly with four sticks and even more so with 1T command.

I really wonder if all this pushing "above the red line" is useful for anything

else than SPI, Wprime and PiFast.

We blame the boards occasionally or the bios, when the cpu itself may be

at fault.

Pushing a hard wall only makes things worse.

And all these with air cooling...

Guest Bullant
Thanks for the reply. I use 1.93 at the moment as well.

Bullant: how can you set rtl? I know where but I seem to do something wrong.

Post some screens up next time with Asrocks memtweakit so can see what you rtls are doing with your cl and mhz

Did some 4Ghz 32m testing on the new ocfm in some various timings used,all on retail memory on air @ around 30c memory temp :up: board was a pleasure to use,will try some more soon

17.593.png

17.610.png

17.625.png

17.641.png

17.656...png

Maybe I'm just lucky but I haven't had any problems at all with my b-die. Only tried one kit so far and I binned them single stick for volts at 3600 12 1t on bios 1.93. They needed around 1.6v (dmm). In dual they had no problem running 3840 c12 1t (for xtu 6320). Didn't try minimizing volts, just set 1.8 in bios so around 1.85 dmm.

They couldn't do 2000 c12 though.

I was the same on 6320. Also set same volts.

Both ocf and xpower I can't bin single at 3733 1t, tested both slots. Dual no problem but single always kmode or equivalent bsod. That's on 6700 though. Will have another chip this week to cross check on.

Should also have 4k capable board this week. :)

First Giga, now ASRock :(

WOW, the two boards I've been waiting for the most and really the only reason I've been buying/binning DDR4 ram and having an interest in Skylake. Gotta love how Intel pushed Overclocking upon release, that we have non K overclocking and motherboard manufacturers care ONLY about Gamers. I mean come on, you have Dino's and Nick basically the faces of OC for GIGA/AsRock saying these boards will be made. These two have made a lot of money for each brand, and now there reputations take a hit because they were led to believe the boards would be released. SAD day for overclocking in my mind

If it really is true what you guys are saying and MOCF isn't coming out, I will be really mad...

Been saving up to switch to z170 for a few months now, and was just waiting for MOCF to be announced & retail to make the switch.

I seriously hate when companies do stuff like that, make a handful of products that only the top guys get to use, with no hope for the rest of us normal folks :(.

Maybe if I ask them in an email or something, offer to pay shipping & for the board and say I'll put their name in every submission or something.

Perhaps I can get everyone I know to post "where is the MOCF" on their social media pages :D