HWBOT Community Forums

Asrock Z170 OC Formula-DDR4

Guest Bullant

I never fix the RTL/IOs in the past. Playing with subtimings till the good RTL/IOs coming from itself. But the OCF don't set them everytime to the same stats.. it varies. Sometimes it help to set a lower Mem-Divider and then back to the higher one, or changing tRFC a little bit like 208, 218, 228 instead of 220 like the profile do.

I don't think I can make that many changes without having to load defaults again.

Every 3-5 saves I have to load defaults again because it doesn't take any change from that point.

Guest george.kokovinis
As always bullant some cracking reults, but no more until z170m ocf is retail please!

+1.

As a side note to what Nick wrote, naïve amateurs ( trust me, there are a lot here ), might try to replicate these results, adding volts to whatever

bios parameter they see in their OCF ( or even worse any AsRock Z170 board ), with catastrophic results.

I received a pm message from a novice member, who was asking me to send him the timings I use on my B-die set, WITHOUT noting even

the motherboard Brand ( not model ) he has.

Folks - friends, I do not know, but maybe, a permanent disclaimer with bold letters NOT to try to copy-replicate extreme results without deep knowledge and moreover without a product that is not available to the public and maybe will never be.

Surely I do not wish to spoil the party and the outlandish results of Bullant,

But it crossed my mind and thought to share with you my fears.

Best to all,

George:)

Guest Bullant

I'm happy to not post volt used,I'm fine with that ,I did think this was a overclocking forum and many have used extreme volts?as for the little and big ocfs they do overclock the same as yiu can see I used it above,only difference is the little board runs tighter rtls along with 1t

I notice many have said high volts in other threads and has not been a problem so it leads me to think the ocfm is the problem?

Edited by Bullant

Guest george.kokovinis

Of course M-OCF is not the problem.

Actually there is no problem at all.

Just shared some thoughts. That is all.

My mistake. Just to protect some amateur members from trying to

become F1 drivers in one night.

Sorry folks.

Carry on. Of course it is an overclocking forum. THE BEST !

This is definitely an extreme forum... 2V+ is encouraged here!

Bull, myself and others are annoyed at ASRock for not releasing the mOCF [yet]. Seeing you post these insane results pushes that more and more.

However, keep posting your results. They're amazing and we're all champing at the bit for ASRock's little board. I think the annoyance comes from companies putting out incredible results with products that will never be retail. As far as I am aware, ASRock still intends to release this board... so it's good by me.

Guest TheMadDutchDude

Rumour has it that the shipment was delayed due to Chinese New Year. So, perhaps we will see it at the end of the year? ASRock PR (the one I deal with) is still clueless on the board, or so they say ...

Guest Bullant
What bios do you recommend for B-Die on Z170 OC Formula? Thanks!

Hey, I tried the L2.03 the other day and seems fine,the older one I was using was fine too.The L2.03 has updated B-die memory profiles that can help you get started on B-die if you have B-die and are not familiar with B-die sub timings

Hey, I tried the L2.03 the other day and seems fine,the older one I was using was fine too.The L2.03 has updated B-die memory profiles that can help you get started on B-die if you have B-die and are not familiar with B-die sub timings

B-Die profiles didn't work on my G.Skill Trident-Z 3600 C16 2x8, tried i3-6100 and i7-6700k to try different IMC, and L2.02 and L2.10 bios, but still no success. I'll try with L2.03, and if it doesn't work, I'll try to make my own profile from the start.

Guest Bullant
Figured that's why the time was "slow". You think you'll be able to stabilize with cold and time? Or not with these sticks?

Not sure ,serious 32m benching I would run cl12 4000 +,there is a difference between 4ghz and 5ghz + too on what you need to run