HWBOT Community Forums

Asrock Z170 OC Formula-DDR4

Guest Bullant

Guest Bullant

Not sure if anyone has tried pushing b -die past 4000mhz on xtu,I tested last night @4300 12-12-12 tight and is no improvement in score over 4000mhz @5ghz .... I don't think it's CPU bottle neck,not sure if it's 8gb sticks or xtu has a scaling limit on memory MHz.Ill test the same thing @6ghz 4000-4300 see what score is to rule out CPU bottle

Have a full screen at home will post later

wv3jus.jpg

Edited by Bullant

Guest Bullant
Nice clocks bull. At 5G increasing mem speed from 4000 to 4080 at 12-12-12 got me only a 2 point increase, went from 1790 to 1792.

But then I haven't figured out the 1800+ marks at 5G some folks are pulling, maybe there is something I am missing ;)

Yeah correct me if I'm wrong the 1800+ are all 4 dim results I thought

Yeah correct me if I'm wrong the 1800+ are all 4 dim results I thought

The top two spots are 2 dimm B die, with Luumi leading currently

08387078bb7a3050be3a3bfc0145bf03c91d6610.png

Digg_De has 2nd but shows a pic in the results discussion showing 1825 marks

xtu5000ffog1.png

http://abload.de/image.php?img=xtu5000ffog1.png

7de6e8e212377621f1733748a477b07660c32909.png

Looking at the two top spots for XTU 5g tweakers stage confirms that ram efficiency has nothing to do with increased scores on Skylake platform. While it serves as a great stepping stone that attracts beginners to our sport, it is giving them the wrong idea on what actually improves performance by rewarding them for loose timings or well no one really knows as it is so random. I'm not saying it's gotta go, as it was the bench that got me initially interested in 2d OC, but it obviously has problems that we are all aware of and the use of it in comps other than Rookie/Novice makes us look bad as a community

Guest george.kokovinis

I had a very friendly discussion a few weeks back with an HWBOT staff member about benchmark vulnerabilities.

When we discussed 3d2003 and LOD tweaks, he asked me :

Can you see the butterfly flying over the lake ?

I said yes.

Then you do not run the bench correctly, he said.

Think about it folks and then we talk XTU again.

Guest Bullant

Yeah I was just surprised I didn't see improvement at higher memory MHz,like every memory divider 3600-3733-3886-4000 you see improvement in score but 4133-4300 I seen nothing

As far as LOD tweaks they are allowed,I not see a problem with "LOD" as long as the rules allow it,that they do.It really doesn't matter tho if LOD wasn't allowed as leader board prob not change,sure score would drop a little

Edited by Bullant

Guys, I got my first B-die in my hands and I'm trying to 742 in xtu 2c :) but I can't run CR 1T on my OCF with dividers 3600 and above. Mems are capable of 2000 12-12, even 12-11, and they do it very tight, but I am forced to go 2T. Any hints?

I tried bioses 1.92, 1.93a and 2.03. What happens is during memory training it goes from 40 to 00->19->00->19->00 and safe boot triggers. I tried raising vccsa and vccio, I ran them on auto, raised PCH to 1.1, but still no success.

Maybe it depends on memory as well.

I can boot 1T around 3900-3920 at max on my OCF, above that 2T is needed to boot, otherwise 00->19->00->19.

Haven't found any magic setting that helps

742 XTU seems to be more luck than anything else. Maybe OS plays a role somehow, but I did not see difference with tight timings.

Guest george.kokovinis
Maybe it depends on memory as well.

I can boot 1T around 3900-3920 at max on my OCF, above that 2T is needed to boot, otherwise 00->19->00->19.

Haven't found any magic setting that helps

742 XTU seems to be more luck than anything else. Maybe OS plays a role somehow, but I did not see difference with tight timings.

Exactly as described.

I have managed with two very high binned sticks, max 3960 - 1T - 12-11-11-28-200 with extremely tight subs, but ( under Win 10 x 64 ) it keeps repeating 740. It did one day 741, but believe it or not my loving dog pulled the mains plug by mistake and :mad:.

Having said that, I did not observe the slightest difference either at 3600 - 1T tight or 3950 - 1T.

Maybe 739 to 741 range.

I will put it under cold soon to see if it scales with cold.

Guest george.kokovinis
George, I played with 10x64 and had result distribution like 50:45:5 (739:740:741), after switching to 10x86 it changed to 10:40:50. It seems like x86 is 1 point faster in XTU.

Coming back to my mems, @websmile ran them 2000 1T on Asus easy, 1933 waza, so I believe they are capable.

Those exact memories are in my hands.

Bought them from Websmile.

He did it on Asus Impact. Two mem slots.

As for 10x64 and 10x86, correct. Was not aware, but a good friend ( you

know who you are :) ) confirmed that.

Anyway, armed with the phase I bought, and win10x86, I will give it another shot in ten days when I return from a business trip.

Maybe I will get some love from my cpu. Lol...

Guest george.kokovinis
George, I played with 10x64 and had result distribution like 50:45:5 (739:740:741), after switching to 10x86 it changed to 10:40:50. It seems like x86 is 1 point faster in XTU.

Coming back to my mems, @websmile ran them 2000 1T on Asus easy, 1933 waza, so I believe they are capable.

Hahaha,

You nailed it man.

Just as you were complaining, the lights shined bright.

Hope I will follow soon.:ws::celebration:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bullant

Finally got around to testing my kit of Kingston AFR tonight on air,thought I had damaged them awhile ago but they seem fine,will run it again over next couple days with fresh OS,couple adjustments and see were it goes.Will post some ln2 results from them next refill as well,awesome memory's for anyone wanting to run cold on

AFR.png

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bullant

The xtu I ran the other day,OS was little off I think from moving to two platforms trying to extract my full freq run,normally see little faster time then this at 4000Mhz,either way is nice Mhz tight that would be quite fast on 32m if can get to pass,will do fresh install on xtu and test this again later now that I have LN2 again.

Z170 OCFM ,G.Skill retail cl17 memory's @ 4310Mhz 12-12-12

snaphsot00062.png

The xtu I ran the other day,OS was little off I think from moving to two platforms trying to extract my full freq run,normally see little faster time then this at 4000Mhz,either way is nice Mhz tight that would be quite fast on 32m if can get to pass,will do fresh install on xtu and test this again later now that I have LN2 again.

Z170 OCFM ,G.Skill retail cl17 memory's @ 4310Mhz 12-12-12

snaphsot00062.png

Simply amazing Bullant!!

Guest Bullant
Simply amazing Bullant!!

Thanks mate,score is not so good but memory clocking is ok I thought ahahah Will run it again when I get time

Edited by Bullant

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bullant

Hey,was messing with some B-Die today @ 3733 12-12-12 on Asrock new ocfm retail board,will do few more runs later @ some higher Memory Mhz

3733.png

Edited by Bullant