HWBOT Community Forums

Asrock Z170 OC Formula-DDR4

Guest Bullant

• Administrators
Looking good guys keep the results coming,been little quite myself with memory but I'll try contribute a little myself soon

Sorry, moved to Asus :P - my OCF rots at the closet :D - maybe later in case I decide to end my break

@Doug I used 1,43V, seemed to be solid

Guest Bullant
Got myself an oc forumla now as well. What bios do you recommend? Seems some biosrs are missing from the bios list thread...

Latest official is 1.50, but it seems people are using 1.44 something.

Nick updates bios quite regularly on XS OCf thread,I think the 144c is the one he posted recently, is great choice to start with.I haven't used it my self because im little slack but yeah that one be fine,board is great to use just use one of nick profile to get you started,xtu,32m and memory profiles

@Doug2507 just start of with Nicks memory profile in bios that splave and loud would of also tested before release of the board,they are great to get you started

On Skylake 32M times can vary by more than 5 seconds without you touching any of the settings. So I wouldn't refer to 32M times as a sort of reliable performance comparison.

(weird C14 and C15 same volts also no perf increase)
Have you tried raising tRCD/tRP to 21 or 22?

From my experience on E-die, tRCD and tRP responds to voltage far more than what we've seen on any generation of Samsung, DDR3 or DDR4.

Edited by TaPaKaH

On Skylake 32M times can vary by more than 5 seconds without you touching any of the settings. So I wouldn't refer to 32M times as a sort of reliable performance comparison.Have you tried raising tRCD/tRP to 21 or 22?

From my experience on E-die, tRCD and tRP responds to voltage far more than what we've seen on any generation of Samsung, DDR3 or DDR4.

I tried the lowest value for performance purposes,i noticed the same thing too tough,going looser would imply lower voltage

Guest Bullant
@Alex@ro are those gskill E-die memory's scalling pass 1.95v? Was 1.95v it or will they keep scalling to 2.1v ? You dont need to try and kill them for me ahah just want to know if 1.95v was it

Guest Bullant

Seems like nice kit,been trying to work out what sammy-e kit to buy with so many kits comming available,be interesting to see some Kingston kits too,they are doing sammy-e aswell ?