HWBOT Community Forums

Asrock Z170 OC Formula-DDR4

Guest Bullant

Guest Bullant
Trcd/rp, how important is it to have these as tight as they can go, if at all? i.e, is it worth sacraficing 200mhz and possibly one CL value to drop these down a touch.

You have to find a balance,trcd-trp tighter will help 32m for sure but you can run say run little higher MHz with one higher trcd-trp to make up tighter trcd-trp and lower MHz.With xtu trcd not so important well I think it does help but you need to aim for high MHz and play with subs

So depending on the bench being used you just need to find a balance high little loose vs little lower tighter ,is a good idea to have all sub timings dialled in for what ever balance your trying this way you can see the difference,change things one thing at a time and check eff take notes and carry on....

Oh and always have rtls,iols correctly don't let one go wild,Cl will be important on 32m as tight Cl = tight rtl,it helps xtu a little maybe but not as much as 32m,would have to test the points difference,it really is all balance

Edited by Bullant

Perfect Bullant, thanks. Yeah, when i was tightening up my 3600c11 profile on Z170 32m times were reducing until i hit thirds. Pretty sure screwing a few of these tight had an adverse effect but wasn't entirely sure due to running in win10, although seemed fairly consistent tbh. When i did rtl/iol at the end it made a massive difference.

I can run 3400-11-18-18 on x99 with these ripjaws v but with all you hynix guys somewhere around 11-14-15 at 3200 it made me ask the question. Chip will be used for 3d so as per Steponz's suggestion i'll switch to 3d physics for testing, can't believe i didn't think of that for myself! School boy error. :)

• Administrators

I think there is no information on Samsungs on difference on trcd and trp so far, might indeed be interesting - on trcd, this is extremely funny, even my d-die 3200s random kits could do 1866 TRCD18, Team seems to have failed hard especially when I see specs of 18-20 at 3866 at shop. But good sticks on cas, 2k c11 is strong

Guest Bullant
Just a bit of training and winboot, these Sammies sure are flexible. I guess RTL will have to be relaxed for stability, will check this out another day.

20151020-14341564sjn.png

Looks good aero

Guest Bullant

Finally got around to testing little 32M all air... and memorys @ 1.67v,little more fine tuning and should see close to 22 flat at cl12 3600 ,will try more soon

Kingston AFR

ajwmpw.png

I know you guys are keeping tight tertiaries to yourselves but do you mind sharing some loose ones? I'm having issues pushing anything better than 3200C15 and I'm thinking it may be down to my board setting bad auto values. Since I don't trust the values it sets/shows, I don't have a lot to go off of in BIOS. Mainstream GB board, no profiles or anything.

Guest Bullant
I know you guys are keeping tight tertiaries to yourselves but do you mind sharing some loose ones? I'm having issues pushing anything better than 3200C15 and I'm thinking it may be down to my board setting bad auto values. Since I don't trust the values it sets/shows, I don't have a lot to go off of in BIOS. Mainstream GB board, no profiles or anything.

I really only just started 32m for effiencey so I have lot to test myself mate,your gigabyte board "gigabyte"needs bios profiles and it's something that needs to be looked at very quickly for ddr4 seeing that most users will try to push memory

It just needs a couple of guys to sit down for few days testing and compare setting with each other to confirm it all works.They would need few different ics to test

I haven't used your gigabyte board so have no idea how it trains memory or what it's setting mate

Nice work aero

Edited by Bullant

Guest Bullant

Spent another 20 minutes on it tonight,all air 1.68v,more to come....

wwx1.png

Edit ran one more same settings 1.68v,lots to keep testing

wwx2.png

Edited by Bullant