HWBOT Community Forums

Asrock Z170 OC Formula-DDR4

Guest Bullant

Guest Bullant

Ran a couple more 4ghz all air tonight,this time I tested the iols 4-5 and they seem to make no difference going tighter,maybe makes things a little worse ahhaah

1.68v air.. same settings as before

1a.png

11a.png

Edited by Bullant

Another cold session with MFR. Only little time for 32M, will revisit this next time.

Edit: Nope, board dead :(

5_59_437w1sa0.png

Damn, what you think happened, were you freezing mems/cpu or was this watercooling? I'm sorry to hear this at least these are only half the price vs Asus and Gigabyte

Damn, what you think happened, were you freezing mems/cpu or was this watercooling? I'm sorry to hear this at least these are only half the price vs Asus and Gigabyte

I think I know what happened, truckload of bad luck. Picture is pretty bad. That's two lints meeting in the middle, each at its end is touching the contact of a resistor. Add moisture to it and good bye. They must have fallen in there before the Plasti Dip turned solid.

img_1349-kopie7orh5.jpg

No strange errors before I turned it off two days ago and it gave no sign of life this morning when I pushed the power button.

I wish they were cheap over here too, almost 80 Euro more than last gen's OC Formula.

Edited by aerotracks

I've just put RAM pot on my Kingston MFR :) so far 3466c12 @1.55, but I noticed my efficiency is not up to par, I get similar or worse results in XTU than with 3200c13 on air. I already managed to tame RTL/IOL, on auto had them 48/57/6/14, now 48/50/4/5. I think it's in thirds, but not really sure... is it possible that I overtightened trdwr_* and twrwr_*?

Bad luck aerotracks :( hope you can fix it somehow

Guest Bullant

You have Z170 OCF? You should just start with Nicks profiles they are good,iols 6-6 fine,if you want any sort of efficiency on 32M you'll need XP OS and using waza.It be a good idea to dial board and memory in a little before going with cold memory's,work from Nicks profiles to get everything dialed in

Much easier to help if you post results

Thanks for the tip, I'll post more details later when I'm back from work, board will dry by then and no more 00 code :)

So far very happy with mems on ln2, went straight from 3200c13 to 3466c12, 3600 was no go, but I didn't have enough time to play with it and I gave up after 3 fails; it might go with more vdimm as it failed training with 55.

Edit - I have one screenshot with Geekbench, no thirds captured, but all auto apart from TWRRD_sg = 20 and TWRRD_dg = 16. RTL/IOL 48/50/4/5

image_id_1518228.png

Edited by phobosq

Guest Bullant

Not sure every kit prob little different,it'll depend on what temps your running like my mfr kit likes -90 1.7v and is good for 3800 11-15-15.The 55 code can mean a few things if your got something too tight or not enough volts or pushed your max MHz with what temps your using.If 3600 seems max try going cl11 on cold,also I normally work on initial rtl value if it won't train correctly

Guest Bullant
I left initial RTL on auto, but played with IO Latency offsets.

Thanks for the info, I'll check it and repost.

Try initial rtl 58 but it'll depend on what cl your using so can try anywhere from 57-60 say,I don't bother to much with the iol offsets as I find they help me more with iols tightening,I normall switch between rtl initial setting manually and leaving it on auto to get it to train correctly if there is a problem

I can't remember of the top of my head if the two "initial rtl and iol offset" work together they may not so don't try both together,most times once trained I lock rtls and iols in manually

Edited by Bullant