HWBOT Community Forums

[Overclocking Support Thread] MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TE

First page updated with Command Center Lite Memory 1.0.0.14:

- Fix several reading bugs, I have quickly checked it, seems OK but please report here if you find any issues.

Long awaited XOC BIOS E7968IMS.HOT along with its specific Command Center Lite! :D

- HOT BIOS is based on MP BIOS 143, both BIOS will work the same with other ICs than AFR.

- You need FPT 1194 to flash this BIOS (see first page).

- ALL voltages fully unlocked for XOC.

- BIOS include new AIR EXTREME and LOW LN2 OC Profiles which preset CPU settings/voltages from Ln2 OC Guide along with other settings for XOC.

- BIOS has been fine tuned for Hynix AFR with new PCB (HOT Edition, will be provided by HyperX to contestants).

- Tested with XTU and AFR new PCB up to 1986MHz 11-16-16-28-300-1T with "loose tertiary timings" on Ln2 (1754pts @5Ghz Core/Ring and 3866 so far, I'll try more later).

- Tested with XTU and AFR new PCB up to 1900MHz 13-17-17-28-310-1T with "tight secondary timings" on air.

- If you use AFR with current PCB, maybe it needs some manual fine tune of the option "Memory layout finetune" in "Advanced DRAM settings".

Start from 1KHz and test up to 2.3KHz with +3733 and tight timings to see which one works the best (I had no time to do it yet, sorry).

Edited by pepinorang

First page updated with Command Center Lite Memory 1.0.0.14:

- Fix several reading bugs, I have quickly checked it, seems OK but please report here if you find any issues.

Long awaited XOC BIOS E7968IMS.HOT along with its specific Command Center Lite! :D

- HOT BIOS is based on MP BIOS 143, both BIOS will work the same with other ICs than AFR.

- You need FPT 1194 to flash this BIOS (see first page).

- ALL voltages fully unlocked for XOC.

- BIOS include new AIR EXTREME and LOW LN2 OC Profiles which preset CPU settings/voltages from Ln2 OC Guide along with other settings for XOC.

- BIOS has been fine tuned for Hynix AFR with new PCB (HOT Edition, will be provided by HyperX to contestants).

- Tested with XTU and AFR new PCB up to 1986MHz 11-16-16-28-300-1T with "loose tertiary timings" on Ln2 (1754pts @5Ghz Core/Ring and 3866 so far, I'll try more later).

- Tested with XTU and AFR new PCB up to 1900MHz 13-17-17-28-310-1T with "tight secondary timings" on air.

- If you use AFR with current PCB, maybe it needs some manual fine tune of the option "Memory layout finetune" in "Advanced DRAM settings".

Start from 1KHz and test up to 2.3KHz with +3733 and tight timings to see which one works the best (I had no time to do it yet, sorry).

Some amazing work... any chance HOT AFR will be available retail? @marmott?

As I have been asked in PM, command for FPT is:

fpt -f biosname

I use DOS bootable dongle that I create with free tool "Rufus", but latest FPT versions should also work with Windows, though I never tried personally.

I flashed in Windows yesterday works fine. just run cmd as administrator and power off once done.

I just wanna say. I dislike this way of doing the bios very much! I don't have spare usb stivcks laying around to sacrifice for just one tiny program. I have so many bios from various board on my usb sticks (ones I dont are OS installation) this is really excessive. I mean on asrock i just extract to usb stick and press f5 at the bios entry....

as of now I stil dont have it updated... i opened that program and I just get errors and it exits when I press something

Test BIOS for XOC have ALWAYS been this way and it will not change. There is nothing complicated to flash with FPT. If you don't like it, you don't use it and stick to MP/BETA BIOS. ;)

Edited by pepinorang

fpt has several windows version and dos in those directories, I used windows 64 on windows 10. I copied the bios file in the correct directory and then moved the directory to c:\ so that it was easy to get to.

I started cmd as administrator

Move to the directory with the cd command.

fpt -f biosxxx.hot -bios

This worked for me, I tried DOS and I tried using the power shell, those failed.

Edited by FUGGER

People having issues with FPT are going to hate me, but I just updated HOT XOC BIOS v2 in first page! :D

It fix bug with tCWL cannot go below 19 and tWRRD_sg/tWRRD_dg cannot go below 30 above 3799.

EDIT: Also add some loose profiles for max frequency on HyperX AFR (I didn't try them yet).

attachment.php?attachmentid=3595&stc=1&d=1449820210

Edited by pepinorang

People having issues with FPT are going to hate me, but I just updated HOT XOC BIOS v2 in first page! :D

It fix bug with tCWL cannot go below 19 and tWRRD_sg/tWRRD_dg cannot go below 30 above 3799.

EDIT: Also add some loose profiles for max frequency on HyperX AFR (I didn't try them yet).

attachment.php?attachmentid=3595&stc=1&d=1449820210

you, you, you... :celebration:

thank god I read this before I whiped that USB stick to try to make a xp install..

all my tinyXP disks are messed up when I try to use my z97 OCF and g3258 chip

and now that Tcwl is fixed maybe I can bin my e-die... so I can send last bit back for AFR

Edited by Random