HWBOT Community Forums

[Overclocking Support Thread] MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TE

Some further tests with the T72 BIOS:

2100+ should easily doable but my retail sticks are out of puff voltage-wise (hence the 2T at 2100)

Yes I can do 2100 12-11-11 32M + Wazaa with my ES sticks.

I'm trying to get them to unlock SA above 1.35v for max frequency and implement ACPI on this one too...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Guest Bullant
@Sam ,you done anymore test with this little board ,Z170I GAMING PRO AC (ITX) it's available here in au and pretty cheap just not seen much results around from it Edited by Bullant

No ACPI BIOS for little board..?

How to get XP working on the board..?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

@MTC ?

- No ACPI BIOS and there won't be.

- Use ASUS Guide and press F5 to select MPS Multiprocessor at same time you have to press F6 to load FiraDisk Driver, this will install non-ACPI XP.

- VRM is not suitable for XOC but it is 100% enough for the current comp.

- Z170I GAMING PRO AC is an entry level GAMING motherboard and therefore it is much less convenient to OC than XPOWER as it don't have any buttons, debug led or clockgen (need to Clear CMOS/Discharge MB after each memory training fail to reset Intel ME otherwise BCLK stay locked), however it can run memory at higher frequencies and tighter timings.

- Command Center Lite 2.0.0.11 to 2.0.013 (latest) can be used, no need for special one.

Latest BETA BIOS: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h28ewvqmbyox2cj/E7980IMS.181?dl=0 (I recommend to use this one unless you need more SA)

Old XOC BIOS (Computex 2016): https://www.dropbox.com/s/dc9pmdwxr81koo1/E7980O17.T72?dl=0 (Only difference is max SA air ~1.33v / max SA Ln2 ~1.35v, I wouldn't use it unless you need more than 1.25v SA which shouldn't be the case for benching. WARNING: Post at 12 11 11 takes FOREVER! 12 12 12 is OK)

Hardmod guide for SA: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0fjr7oy1xyydyz3/Z170I_gaming_pro_AC.docx?dl=0 (Need to use XOC BIOS, up to 1.8V after vmod)

Edited by pepinorang

@MTC ?

- VRM is not suitable for XOC but it is 100% enough for the current comp.

- Z170I GAMING PRO AC is an entry level GAMING motherboard and therefore it is much less convenient to OC than XPOWER as it don't have any buttons, debug led or clockgen (need to Clear CMOS/Discharge MB after each memory training fail to reset Intel ME otherwise BCLK stay locked), however it can run memory at higher frequencies and tighter timings.

WARNING: Post at 12 11 11 takes FOREVER! 12 12 12 is OK)

Hardmod guide for SA: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0fjr7oy1xyydyz3/Z170I_gaming_pro_AC.docx?dl=0 (Need to use XOC BIOS, up to 1.8V after vmod)

"- VRM is not suitable for XOC but it is 100% enough for the current comp."

VRM suitable/not suitable for Stage 3 GB3 All Out ?

"WARNING: Post at 12 11 11 takes FOREVER!"

It does on all boards I've tried

"Hardmod guide for SA: "

No hardmod for MPower VRM board, lol. This would be killer for Comp

"- VRM is not suitable for XOC but it is 100% enough for the current comp."

VRM suitable/not suitable for Stage 3 GB3 All Out ? Oh right, not for Stage 3 as you will most likely be limited with only 3 CPU phases.

"WARNING: Post at 12 11 11 takes FOREVER!"

It does on all boards I've tried

"Hardmod guide for SA: "

No hardmod for MPower VRM board, lol. This would be killer for Comp

We have thought about it before Computex but you would need a G-POWER since vCore+VCCSA+IGP must all start at same time and also timing is very crucial otherwise CPU won't initiate... Probably not worth the trouble.

BTW, since there is no ACPI BIOS, you will notice that performance in 32M vary a lot from run to run (up to 4s).

Unless you find your own solution, my advice is to re-run again and again, according to BenchBros 2/10 runs are OK: BenchBros`s SuperPi - 32M score: 4min 31sec 562ms with a Core i7 6700K (NO ACPI RUN)

[highlight]HAVE FUN![/highlight] :D

Edited by pepinorang

Boot ist not the problem with 2800 RAM and 118blck -4,6G@1,25v

Go in the Os over 124blck Crash, with 4,8@1,40v

Vcore is ok, go to 1,6v, have the same problem.

@b-die 3600 cl16

THx

Edited by Nik

G.Skill

Memory its not the problem, the BIOS blck go only 118.

Have all MSI Z170 Boards this limited BLCK in the Bios ?

------------------------------------------------------

Ok, i found the problem, the blck is only in the Beta runer Mod limited @118.

Normal Mod no limitation, blck go 555!!

Thats not realy easy with a non K 6320 for good ram timings :(

Please fix this in the new oc Bios ;)

Can that anyone?

Or have this problem only the XOC Bios?

-----------------------

I flashed the non K Bios, but i have no Beta runer ^^

This one E7968IMS.14U

Crazy Board.

Edited by Nik

Did anybody managed 4k tight on ambient? I can go to 94 BCLK in the meaning to increse to 100 BCLK to reach 4k, but I always get BSOD at 95 even with SA/IO bumped to 1.35V

BIOS 173.

Also, I flashed GOC BIOS, and I got no screen, POST hangs at A2, reacts to F1, which goes to A1 so it seems it POST to BIOS but no screen. Weird thing is, I cant flashback that ROM back, it just blinks 3 times, then it just shines and thats it. Flashback on second ROM went through without problems.