HWBOT Community Forums

[Overclocking Support Thread] MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TE

Bios 160, file not found.

On another note, I am having trouble with b-die and setting timings. Some are ok, but other just end up in looped boots, even when they are not tight at all.

Does anyone have advice for training on this board, maybe I am setting wrong and causing failures. I know what my dimms can do from an Impact and MOCF, and even basic timings are hard to boot.

Also having an ME Firmware error occasionally on reboot. Is this common? Bios 173.

I did the same kinda. Troubles with both board, I could boot Up 4k tight but no matter what I did 32m not stable. Same settings rocks on MOCF/Impact. I returned AC to shop and back on XPOWER, this time going straight on cold for 4k tight, will see. Also, my 1st ROM stucks at A1-A2 with no screen but still reacts on keyboard, after flashing GOC. Flashback doesnt work, altho it works on 2nd ROM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@pepinorang

We need XOC bios for i3 on XPower. The 173 can't do full pot because PLL volts are limited at 2.0. The GOC bios won't go higher than 125 bclk.

As some of you already know, I'm no longer in charge of OC community and support for MSI as my job position changed. For any OC requests please contact @MTC. BTW, this is the last XOC competition (online or offline) from me and overall from MSI as well.

Envoyé de mon ASUS_Z010D en utilisant Tapatalk

New XOC BIOS (E7968O12.GOC) for Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM

1. This BIOS is based on E7968O11.GOC and removes core-i3 CPU BCLK limit.

2. Please use this tool to update BIOS.

BIOS: https://goo.gl/lvDvA6

***WARNING :

1. In NOC mode, there is no CPU protection at all. USE THOSE BIOS AT YOUR OWN RISK, MSI CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE!***

2. XOC BIOS ARE TEST VERSIONS THAT MIGHT CONTAIN SOME MINOR BUGS.

HOWEVER THEY ARE OPERATIONAL AND MIGHT ALSO IMPROVE OC/COMPATIBILITY, SO USE THOSE BIOS AT YOUR OWN RISK, MSI CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE!***

attachment.php?attachmentid=4617&stc=1&d=1471864438

attachment.php?attachmentid=4618&stc=1&d=1471865489

Edited by MTC

Guys, I'm trying instal XP with this guide on XPOWER, no matter what I do, I always get dash blinking at left top corner after step 2 and nothing futher...

I tried so many images, and approachs, even the one from ASUS Z170 thread.

@pepinorang I saw you mentioned incoming XP instal guide, is there any? thanks

Also, I'm trying to do 4k tight on cold but I get 55 loop no matter what, I tried 90BCLK and increse it from OS to get 4k, but no luck. I'm trying it because I saw many mentions, that its possible on cold, even boot straight with 4k tight

Follow asus guide. Remember to press f5 and choose mps multiprocessor if bios don't have acpi. Don't know if xpower has working acpi, itx doesn't at least. Install in ide mode if you can't get it working, I think xpower has ide mode?

4k+ is possible, but a little hard to do on xpower. Maybe your imc or ram are at their limit on this board?

I followed ASUS guide, when installer starts, I press F6 and F5, I choose MPS Multiprocesor, then load those two drivers as the guide suggest. It reboots after confirm, then I go for part 2 of instalation, it loads the files, then there is just the blinking dash. Tried it in ASMEDIA IDE and AHCI also, same thing everytime.

In OS, when I set 94BCLK+, I'm always getting regular mem BSODs, bumped SA and IO helped a bit but only for 1-2BCLK MHz :(

Guys, I'm trying instal XP with this guide on XPOWER, no matter what I do, I always get dash blinking at left top corner after step 2 and nothing futher...

I tried so many images, and approachs, even the one from ASUS Z170 thread.

@pepinorang I saw you mentioned incoming XP instal guide, is there any? thanks

Also, I'm trying to do 4k tight on cold but I get 55 loop no matter what, I tried 90BCLK and increse it from OS to get 4k, but no luck. I'm trying it because I saw many mentions, that its possible on cold, even boot straight with 4k tight

I think the answer for the upcoming guide is clear from my last post already.

As some of you already know, I'm no longer in charge of OC community and support for MSI as my job position changed. For any OC requests please contact @MTC. BTW, this is the last XOC competition (online or offline) from me and overall from MSI as well.

Envoyé de mon ASUS_Z010D en utilisant Tapatalk

There will be, Godlike MSI OC Season 2: Ambient "3D" Battle?

Ok, so the competition is over. For those who wonder how to OC i3 on LN2 on XPower there are a few tricks. First of all is to set a good base profile which you can boot at around -120C. Set both mem and CPU as high as you can. Look down timings on memory, and especially RTL and IOL. Set RTL a little higher or you will reach memory limit quickly while overclocking in OS. I used 52/53 RTL and the corresponding 8/8 IOL for 2000+ memory. Once you have booted your base profile at -120, increase bclk, go down to -170 or whatever your board/CPU can handle and reboot. The key is to not change settings so much that the board needs to do full reset. A "light" reset should be able to boot at around -170.

Next thing to consider is memory on XPower. XPower eats SA-volts for breakfast. Mine scaled to 1.50V. Also, like I said before, set higher RTL/IOL than on 2 dimm boards or you will be limited at around 2000 C12.

If you suffer from low efficiency in Geekbench, remember to turn on AES instructions, as they are off by default on MSI XOC bioses.