HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Country Cup 2015 thread.

newlife

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked about half of it. The other half (i.e. pre 2005) belongs in Old School, IMO.

Team Cup has always had a strong old school component - that wasn't something new for this year or anything like that. I think the comp is intentionally designed to offer a mix of old, new, expensive and cheap.

All the "slowest," "lowest" and "most boring" stages were new-ish, though. I know some folks found those a real hoot and a holler. But personally, not my idea of a good time.

The Team Cup is aimed at a wider variety of overclocking activities, which includes legacy hardware as well as sometimes odd stages like "slowest". It's a longer contest too, which allows for a wider variety

The Country Cup is aimed at the more recent hardware.

(fixed)

Edited by Massman

as long as the required hardware can run the specified benches .. and rule clarification .. i never did get an answer to my questions but there is always next year. ..

thinking about having a hardware sale with 486/pentium boards / via boards / igp boards that dont run catzilla .. special !

Just a fast question

Stage 1 - 3DMark06 Nvidia HWpts: use 10 different single GPU Nvidia graphics cards, each from a different family. The ranking is based on the sum of the hardware points of the ten results. There are 50 points for the winning country

The bolded part referes to different core or different naming family?

For example would a gtx 680 and a gtx770 be seen as different family when its the same card?