HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Country Cup 2015 thread.

newlife

Question:

Stage 2 - Fire Strike IGP: use 5 different integrated GPUs, each using a different CPU socket. The ranking is based on the average of the five results. There are 40 points for the winning country

FM2 and FM2+ counted as different socket?

Stage 3 - Geekbench3 Single Core: use 5 different memory types in the Geekbench3 single core benchmark. The ranking is based on the average score. There are 40 points for the winning country

DDR3L & DDR3 counted as different types?

Stage 5 - GPUPI 32B Full Out: this stage requires 1 score and allows full out hardware selection. There are 30 points for the winning country

Server/workstation components allowed?

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, it's not restricted to Intel IGP ?

You can use any IGP, the brand doesn't matter.

Question:

- FM2 and FM2+ counted as different socket?

- DDR3L & DDR3 counted as different types?

- Server/workstation components allowed?

- FM2 and FM2+ are different sockets.

- DDR3L and DDR3 both fall under the DDR3 category

- Anything you think may work best in the full out stage!

Correct Lanbonden:

• GTX 770 -> GeForce 700 series
  • GTX 680 -> GeForce 600 series

So if it's by numbered families then the 10 most recent are: 900 (and Titan X), 800M, 700 (and Titan), 600, 500, 400, 300M, 200, 9000 and 8000, right? I'm assuming the mobile GPUs are allowed since it doesn't say otherwise. But high-end 7000 would likely trump 300M anyway, wouldn't it?

So if it's by numbered families then the 10 most recent are: 900 (and Titan X), 800M, 700 (and Titan), 600, 500, 400, 300M, 200, 9000 and 8000, right? I'm assuming the mobile GPUs are allowed since it doesn't say otherwise. But high-end 7000 would likely trump 300M anyway, wouldn't it?

Stage 1 - 3DMark06 Nvidia HWpts: use 10 different single GPU Nvidia graphics cards, each from a different family. The ranking is based on the sum of the hardware points of the ten results. There are 50 points for the winning country

So performance does not mater, you just need a hige ranked score with a popular card.

Stage 1 - 3DMark06 Nvidia HWpts: use 10 different single GPU Nvidia graphics cards, each from a different family. The ranking is based on the sum of the hardware points of the ten results. There are 50 points for the winning country

So performance does not mater, you just need a hige ranked score with a popular card.

Everyone will be using the same cards so I would think performance would matter, the first part will be getting all 10 subs, when each person is only allowed one per stage.

EDIT: To make it about a relevant stage...

How does the scoring work exactly? Is the average score over all your subs, so a country that only subs one score (say 8 core in the Geekbench stage) won't be bogged down by the other scores and will win by not submitting anything else. Or will a country that submits 5 scores be ranked higher than a country that submits 4 scores no matter what the average is? Or is your total score divided by 5?.

Edited by Rasparthe

Everyone will be using the same cards so I would think performance would matter, the first part will be getting all 10 subs, when each person is only allowed one per stage.

How does the scoring work exactly? Is the average score over all your subs, so a country that only subs one score (say 900 series) won't be bogged down by the other scores and will win by not submitting anything else. Or will a country that submits 10 scores be ranked higher than a country that submits 9 scores no matter what the average is? Or is your total score divided by 10?

I cant find anything that says only one score per person?

And its based on the total HW score from a maxium of 10 submisions, so a team with one score of 50 HW points will get 50 points, a team with 5 submissions for an average of 20 points will get 100points in total and a team with 10 submissions with 16 points in average with get 160 points in total.

This meens that you dont have to score in all rounds but it ofc helps. And it also meens that a good score giving 50 points with for example a gtx580 is more worth then winning a pokal with a geforce4 for 10HW points

Not sure if this has been asked and answered; sorry.

In the case where there are not many country benchers, can ONE bencher submit for all stages?

Example: Stage-1. Can I submit for each of the 10 different gpu's? Or must it be a different member for each different card?

I know Puerto Rico has no chance in hell to finish in the top spots because I am always the only one from PR entering, but at least a fighting chance would be better than no chance.

Thank you

I don't think it works that way. This is just how I'm reading it but I read it this way. Its not the best Nvidia cards for each stage, but the most hardware points. So it doesn't matter if you use the very best cards, only the popularity of the card matters. I'm assuming if you use a FX5200 and take top spot you'll get 7.8 hardware points. That 7.8 gets added to all the other scores your country supplies. The highest total will receive the 50 points for 1st place.

But perhaps I'm reading it wrong as well.

I don't think it works that way. This is just how I'm reading it but I read it this way. Its not the best Nvidia cards for each stage, but the most hardware points. So it doesn't matter if you use the very best cards, only the popularity of the card matters. I'm assuming if you use a FX5200 and take top spot you'll get 7.8 hardware points. That 7.8 gets added to all the other scores your country supplies. The highest total will receive the 50 points for 1st place.

But perhaps I'm reading it wrong as well.

Thats just what I tried to say, problem is to many things called points. Rewriting it slightly even tho I think we meen the same thing.

And its based on the total HW score from a maxium of 10 submisions, so a team with only one score of 50 HW points will get 50 total HW points, a team with 5 submissions for an average of 20 HW points will get 100 HW points in total and a team with 10 submissions with 16 HW points in average will get 160 HW points in total.

So the team with 160HW points gets 50 competition points and wins stage1. The team with 100HW points gets maybe 35 competition points

and the team with 50HW points gets maybe 25 competition points for this stage

I believe that is how it works, yes. But I don't think they are averaging your scores for that stage at all. Whatever your HW points are, they are totaled and thats your score, no averaging. The top total will receive the 50 competition points.

Exactly we agree then :)

Just said an average of 20 HW points as it was easier to write then 30+25+17+22+6 which is the same as 5x20 = 100 points

Edited by lanbonden

Got it, so it really doesn't matter which generation, just how many HW points you get. Makes sense now.

The last few years Country Cup has been that each person can only contribute once per stage, I'm assuming it will be the same this year but we should get clarification to that effect.

Got it, so it really doesn't matter which generation, just how many HW points you get. Makes sense now.

The last few years Country Cup has been that each person can only contribute once per stage, I'm assuming it will be the same this year but we should get clarification to that effect.

Right, the generation only matters for cards allowed. Your country can't get HW points for a 970 and a 980 Ti, only the score worth more Hardware Points will be used, which could be the 970.

It is very important for small countries and as result small person Teams. It is not good idea that one person can submit score once. It will make to bench for one person some results and give it's own results to other person in Team, it's now good way I think.

Not sure if this has been asked and answered; sorry.

In the case where there are not many country benchers, can ONE bencher submit for all stages?

Example: Stage-1. Can I submit for each of the 10 different gpu's? Or must it be a different member for each different card?

I know Puerto Rico has no chance in hell to finish in the top spots because I am always the only one from PR entering, but at least a fighting chance would be better than no chance.

Thank you

I dont see any reason why , hwbot should not let , a one man army , to represent his country.

:)

- DDR3L and DDR3 both fall under the DDR3 category

Just to make things clear.

Memory categories are the following only ?

DDR SD-RAM

DDR2 SDRAM

DDR3 SDRAM

DDR4 SDRAM

EDO RAM

FB-DIMM DRAM

FPM RAM

RDRAM

SDR SDRAM

I dont want surprises ... so-dimm style :D