HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Country Cup 2015 thread.

newlife

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see the points have been fixed up. Whether you can do this on the "new site" or the if the "old one" needs to be back, but when you go to each stage it would great to be able to see all the subs from each country on the front page of each stage. That way you don't have to click through a heap of different things to work out what needs to be benched.

Then there's also the fact you can tell who has subbed what in each category. Example being the Geekbench stage and what DDR is being used. This will hamper people and scores could get blocked/not used due to doubling up. Same goes for the Nvidia stage.

That's where the old site would help IIRC.

Looking good Frederik!

@skkmercer: I don't think even the old site would show the type of memory for Geekbench explicitly in a list. This overview will give you the list of scores that are being taken into account, but you will still have to check the score to see which memory was used.

For the second part of your request: would a simple "all scores from Australia in this stage"-table suffice?

Looking good Frederik!

@skkmercer: I don't think even the old site would show the type of memory for Geekbench explicitly in a list. This overview will give you the list of scores that are being taken into account, but you will still have to check the score to see which memory was used.

For the second part of your request: would a simple "all scores from Australia in this stage"-table suffice?

Hi Massman,

Firstly RE the old site i can undferstand that it might not seperate the different RAM types in some way and if not that should be in the OC eSports page then, also same goes for the 3D 06 stage so you can tell which "Family" of card was used.

As for the 2nd part that would certainly help to an extant because at it stands looking at the page it seems there's only 1 sub for Aus (just using Australia as an example) yet it shows an average of only 1013.8, when the only visble score is 5069.

I do believe it will be very hard for those countrys that don't really have the ability to organise either through forums or a meet up to plan what they need to post and not block each others scores with out seeing the specifics.

eKaCyvJl.png

Now for this 2nd SS why can't you show the RAM type here. I would argue that's much more important than CPU type, speed or cooling for that matter.

ds3K53wl.png

The reason why it says 1013.8 is because that stage requires 5 scores, so the only score is divided by 5. If you click on an average with more than one score attached to it, you will see the list of scores. Also, the scores show as a list in the participation field on the overview page, so it should be fairly easy to identify which scores are part of the country average for each score.

The old site also didn't give much information on which scores were blocking others - that has always been a matter of communication between the participants.

As for your question why the relevant hardware information isn't shown: that's related to the way tables are generated on both HWBOT and OC-ESPORTS. In short, most tables display the hardware information "relevant" to the benchmark. So for a CPU benchmark it will show the CPU; for a memory benchmark it will show the MEM. Depending on the back-end structure, it may be possible to extend the table with the information relevant to the stage.

Bear in mind though that the Country Cup is designed to require communication between the overclockers participating in the country.

The reason why it says 1013.8 is because that stage requires 5 scores, so the only score is divided by 5. If you click on an average with more than one score attached to it, you will see the list of scores. Also, the scores show as a list in the participation field on the overview page, so it should be fairly easy to identify which scores are part of the country average for each score.

My bad on that one Massman as it didn't cross my mind to account for the "5" submissions needed for that stage. Thanks for clearing that up for me though.

The old site also didn't give much information on which scores were blocking others - that has always been a matter of communication between the participants.

Agree on the participation/communication between members of said country, I just thought there might be an easier (maybe better) way for those that don't have the opportunity to communicate like some can.

As for your question why the relevant hardware information isn't shown: that's related to the way tables are generated on both HWBOT and OC-ESPORTS. In short, most tables display the hardware information "relevant" to the benchmark. So for a CPU benchmark it will show the CPU; for a memory benchmark it will show the MEM. Depending on the back-end structure, it may be possible to extend the table with the information relevant to the stage.

I understand what your saying here, but this particular stage at least is based on what "MEMORY" type is used even though it's a "CPU" benchmark. Just something I believe is important for this stage and which richba5tard addresses below.

Updated to show all information:

F0Z1UVt.png

Hey richba5tard, that's great and thank you very much for implementing this, although it doesn't address the issue if someone hasn't filled it out or it's not recognised, example being Skulstations score, which CPUz picks up as FB-DDR2. So is that a DDR 2 score or something else?

One last request (for now), in the shot below can you show the HW table like above. Again it will save having to open the actual sub.

7a3Z6Cvl.png

Thanks for the efforts guys.

Edit - Didn't the old site/version allow you to see or seperate the scores though so if for example you want to sub DDR3 score for Geekbench you could see the scores of just the DDR3 submissions?

Edited by sskmercer

One last request (for now), in the shot below can you show the HW table like above. Again it will save having to open the actual sub.

7a3Z6Cvl.png

If the data is entered by the user, it will be shown in both the table as the popup, it's the same html snippet. The additional information you get for opening the popup is images/media, comments, likes, etc.

Thanks again for the explanation mate. But why is then that some will show it and in other cases it won't. There's a 5960X sub which doesn't show DDR4 or any memory type for that matter. Then when you go the submission on the HWbot site you see that DDR has been filled out (hope that makes sense).

Can you point me to an example? Might be a bug in the API of HWBOT which oc-esports is using.

I made another improvement to the submission tab. Next to showing all the hw specs (that oc-esports is aware of), it now returns a complete list of all submissions instead of the last 20 (*), and enables you to filter on your team, country and stage. Ideal if you want to see all of the submission your country made for a stage.

GbjTNRx.png

http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/country_cup_2015/submissions

(*) I might need to limit this list after all, as when it grows over a few hundred or so the page might get very slow.

Can you point me to an example? Might be a bug in the API of HWBOT which oc esports is using.

(*) I might need to limit this list after all, as when it grows over a few hundred or so the page might get very slow.

Hi again. Hopefully this gets across what I mean, I also understand your last statement in possibly slowing things down but then in a way that's also when we need it most as it will get extremely hard to sifted through all the scores.

Also for the SS you posted above how do we clarify what ram type it is?

So here's the OC eSports shot

cxXPhNGl.png

Then just the RAM section on the actual submission stage.

MbfzIT3l.png

Here it shows the DDR (Skylake)

4qfxFMDl.png

and what looks the same on the submission stage.

lrTArepl.png

On a side note under "latest submissions" instead of showing team, wouldn't it be better to show country, seeing it this country cup.

Edit - I also want to make clear I only chose the subs to show the example and not to "report them".

Edited by sskmercer

Hey richba5tard, that's great and thank you very much for implementing this, although it doesn't address the issue if someone hasn't filled it out or it's not recognised, example being Skulstations score, which CPUz picks up as FB-DDR2. So is that a DDR 2 score or something else?

Originally Posted by Massman View Post nr 78

- DDR3L and DDR3 both fall under the DDR3 category

Just to make things clear. Memory categories are the following only ?

DDR SD-RAM

DDR2 SDRAM

DDR3 SDRAM

DDR4 SDRAM

EDO RAM

FB-DIMM DRAM

FPM RAM

RDRAM

SDR SDRAM

Correct. There is no distinction between normal, low-power, or so-dimm format.

so fb-dimm and ddr2 ar 2 different memory types

Edited by skulstation

Hi again. Hopefully this gets across what I mean, I also understand your last statement in possibly slowing things down but then in a way that's also when we need it most as it will get extremely hard to sifted through all the scores.

[...]

Okay, I saw the memory details where not shown in oc-esports when the memory group (ballistic, dominator, etc) was not available. That's fixed now.

B9bSHey.png

Okay, I saw the memory details where not shown in oc-esports when the memory group (ballistic, dominator, etc) was not available. That's fixed now.

B9bSHey.png

Thanks again mate for the efforts you have put in.

As for the FB-DIMM/Skullstation it wasn't my intention to bring them up in any bad way as I was just trying to understand why it wasn't showing in the shots that rich' showed. Also I was asking about due to CpUz showing the DDR2 in it and TBH I no nothing of FB-DIMM, so thanks for letting me know.

Just need a clarification about the rules. The engine is apparently allowing multiple submissions for a country (US for example) and counting submissions inside the same series (just using the US as an example, both GTX 260 and GT 220 are counting towards the total. Am I interpreting the rules incorrectly or is it an error in the competition that allows it?