HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Country Cup 2015 thread.

newlife

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rules:"Use 10 different single GPU Nvidia graphics cards, each from a different family". If I own 10 different single GPU Nvidia graphics cards then I can make 10 subs for pts, if I can beat my old scores :)

Believe me, I wish this was the case. Unfortunately there is this rule:

GENERAL RULES

One overclocker can only contribute one score per stage

Just need a clarification about the rules. The engine is apparently allowing multiple submissions for a country (US for example) and counting submissions inside the same series (just using the US as an example, both GTX 260 and GT 220 are counting towards the total. Am I interpreting the rules incorrectly or is it an error in the competition that allows it?

Very odd. Definitely an error. Looking into it ...

This is correct for all stages, except the first (nvidia hwpts) and last stage (gpupi). Countries are ranked by 1) how many of the required scores have been made and 2) the average score of the relevant subs of the country. So, firstly it's important to make all the submissions, then secondly to get the best average.

Seems like this doesn't work as intended right now, looking at Stage 1.

Currently the ranking is:

1st Ukraine 3 Gens 62HWpts

2nd Italy 2 Gens 56HWpts

3rd Netherlands 2 Gens 21HWPts

4th Argentina 1 Gen 16.7HWpts

5th India 1 Gen 11.7 HWpts

6th Germany 3 Cardgens 11.6HWpts

Looking at what you sad above it should be like this, right?

1st Ukraine 3 Gens 62HWpts

2nd Germany 3 Gens 11.6HWpts

3rd Italy 2 Gens 56HWpts

4th Netherlands 2 Gens 21HWPts

5th Argentina 1 Gen 16.7HWpts

6th India 1 Gen 11.7 HWpts

EDIT:

Nvm, i think i got you wrong. All stages *except* Stage 1 (HWPoints) and last Stage (GPUPI) are ranked by number of submissions first and then scores. While Stage 1 and 5 are ranked by total score only. Right?

Edited by Tzk

• Administrators

Small proposal, when we rules out ES hardware, spd for screens is needed, and with new gen hardware, it would be nice if clarification is made on some mainboards. Impact was retail at start and in stock at lots of countries for example, but soon new boards might be released or people have doubts, so this might be helpful :)

Can we get the background linked to in the OP as well as in the competition description? I had to google it to find it and then wade through a variety of results.

Editing thread instead of double posting (edited Nov 7 16:13 -07:00 GMT):

I'm getting this weird error when trying to submit an improved score on the OC E-Sports website. I'm logged in, and when you hover over the "open for submissions" section it changes to saying "Invite Only"

Edited by WhiteWulfe

Small proposal, when we rules out ES hardware, spd for screens is needed, and with new gen hardware, it would be nice if clarification is made on some mainboards. Impact was retail at start and in stock at lots of countries for example, but soon new boards might be released or people have doubts, so this might be helpful :)

I agree with websmile on the SPD bit .. i think this should be a necessary thing guys :)

As requested, I've updated the comment/discussion system on oc-esports to be more practical. you can now post questions/start discussions in the "discussions" tab, and have a vbulletin like view when you click the topic.

ZiRyFpF.png

xB3cNwt.png

I've asked Massman whether we should show this on the front page of the competition too, but he thinks it would be too crowded.

Also, the stage where hw points per gpu family are awarded is fixed.

anybody?

http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/country_cup_2015/submissions

- filter for the XTU stage and results from India.

It's possible either Toolius or KSA has already uploaded a result to the 6xCPU category that is better than the score you have. Alternatively, have you uploaded a score with a different CPU that is higher than the one with the Core i7 5820K ?

http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/country_cup_2015/submissions

- filter for the XTU stage and results from India.

It's possible either Toolius or KSA has already uploaded a result to the 6xCPU category that is better than the score you have. Alternatively, have you uploaded a score with a different CPU that is higher than the one with the Core i7 5820K ?

nope...i see two submissions by KSA(which is against the rules) and one by toolius..the 5820k has one score...but its not being added to the country total.

I will resubmit if its not tallied by tonight.

Improved stage submissions:

- complete list instead of last 10

- show country icon (ugly but works, i don't have the country name here)

- filter on team or your own country if logged in

X9UNLFv.png

http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/country_cup_2015/2520/5s-40p_%7C_geekbench3_single_core

No this was not that much work, but have a backlog of 100+ things to do and a social/family life, so I can not keep up with all requests. Massman hired an additional dev team but no features or fixes of them have reached production.