HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Country Cup 2010 thread.

SteveRo

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how about adding a pcmark stage - either 05 or pcmv?

We definitly considered either one of the benchmarks, but in the end decided not to. The reason is that both benchmarks are too storage dependant, which would require people to either spend a lot of money on the hardware required or just share the storage setup.

The idea of this competition is that people with different setups can bench for to push their country and at the same time keeping the cost as low as possible.

so the countries with less OCers gets it in the a$$???

and how the "must use different hardware" rule is applied?

let's say in stage 1 there's:

2x 580

4x 480

1x 5770

final results would be with(best 580+best 480+5770)/3=final score?

Edited by mkultra

what if there's only 1 score from a Country?

That means one person needs to motivate two other people to bench as well ;)

so the countries with less OCers gets it in the a$$???

and how the "must use different hardware" rule is applied?

let's say in stage 1 there's:

2x 580

4x 480

1x 5770

final results would be with(best 580+best 480+5770)/3=final score?

Correct!

• Crew

I think the top 3 should use different hardware rule must go... I know it is intented to avoid hardware sharing, but it makes the compo a lot more complicated...and maybe less attractive... at least if you want to compete for top 3/5 spot...

Better do one user = one submit with one type of hardware

• Crew

Who has got 3 GTX 580s ? I know what you want to do or to achieve, but it's gonna be tougher than ever...

It's just the fact that many users have similar hardware in their setups (GTX 460/470/480 or 5850 or 5870)... why not letting them all count, and eg just either make an average score per card... Or if a country just has 3 scores makes an average score for the country total... lucky for them if they have GTX 580s available... too bad for the others...

Edited by Leeghoofd

If you take average per card, you just create an atmosphere of hate towards people who just join for fun.

1. 2000p

2. 1500p

-- avg = 1750p

3. 1000p

-- avg = 1500p

4. 750p

-- avg = 1312,5

In other words: the moment someone submits a crap score, the entire average drops. Explain how this is good?

• Crew

So we don't join for fun ? For ya negative atmosphere aspect : That's just the way it is !! Same for this : Not everyone can bench on SS or LN2 on the cards... It's the same if you can gather a 570/580 and 5970 in ya country and another country can only get a 460, 6850 and a 5770... only one option : live with it !! That's why it's country cup, not team based, nor individual PJ.. everyone can join, being it good or bad for the final outcome... think the idea is to gather scores per country not ? Just to get some more OC motivation flowing !

But you can reverse that on me and say live with my rules :P

Edited by Leeghoofd

• Crew

Be honest : who of the "fun" benchers would think as such from the start ? Maybe they just want to contribute !! let's see what the outcome is of the first stage(s) ... I'm sceptical, as usual...

I can't do anything else for stage 1... no other DX11 cards here, let's see if we can get 3 decent results for a real average score for Belgium...

This is making no sense at all; I'm completely lost in what you're trying to accomplish :P.

As far as I understand, contributing to the country average is the most important thing even if it completely destroys the county average? It would be 'more fun'? What's so fun about contributing if you destroy the team's (country's) chances on winning?

• Crew

In your point of view :

Let's take Canada : any user that has got no access to SS or more extreme cooling is no longer required to bench the GTX 480 or 580 as MK-Ultra has already set two nice scores... So what option do the rest have tht have got no access to extreme cooling ? Only thing that jumps to mind is another card to contribute. But keeping in your 70 year old mindthought : IF they want to contribute to a good score and keep up the pace MK set, they have to grab either GTX 570 or a 5970 cards to bench... If possible first let the guys with air or stock coolers contribute (just to make them feel they contributed something ) As from the moment another sub zero cooling score is posted again, it's over and done... still makes the guys that somehow contributed on air or co left out in the end...

The fun could quickly over in my opinion...

Result = everybody moves on to the next stage... what happens there, similar stuff...