HWBOT Community Forums

Who inspired you to start overclocking?

Massman

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Kitfit1 was the first guy to get me interested in extreme things and made me join Benchtec. Since then, evocarlos has pushed me further into minus temperature figures :D

Reading TiN's crazy modding adventures has dragged me into modding my hardware in new ways as well, rather than just making it cold.

• 1 year later...

these 3 people rom around the world.

Dinos22 -inspired me to get into overclocking in general and the main person i look up to in terms of overclocking etc(mainly team AU in general). one day i hope to be good enough the bench with the man himself..:D

Hipro5/kingpin - both very intering on the cold side of things - got me really into the extreme side overclocking (yet to actually do any of it..but im getting there!)

Massman - discovered hwbot..found it run by this nutter..:D:P does really good articles though.

and recently i have been following the exploits of aritsidis (sorry if i spelt your name wrong!) i even joined hwbox.gr to try and learn some thier secerts..dont speak greek..bad idea..im getting there..:P-

Edited by Jimba

these 3 people rom around the world.

Dinos22 -inspired me to get into overclocking in general and the main person i look up to in terms of overclocking etc(mainly team AU in general). one day i hope to be good enough the bench with the man himself..:D

Hipro5/kingpin - both very intering on the cold side of things - got me really into the extreme side overclocking (yet to actually do any of it..but im getting there!)

Massman - discovered hwbot..found it run by this nutter..:D:P does really good articles though.

and recently i have been following the exploits of aritsidis (sorry if i spelt your name wrong!) i even joined hwbox.gr to try and learn some thier secerts..dont speak greek..bad idea..im getting there..:P-

I remember the time when Massman was the slave, and he had to do whatever you requested, or he would be in trouble with his master, RB.

RB, y u lost the grip?!

I like to quote sin0822 and change what he says and suck on his dick because it is the most fun thing I have the ability to do

Honestly dude I do what I want, when i want, and how I want. You are going to cross a line we cannot come back from.

oh also Hipro5 did get me into modding things.

Chilly1 got me into phase change, but i hear we shouldn't say his name out loud anymore, but i was gone for 5 years so i missed a bunch of stuff.

Edited by sin0822

Joe Citarella and Ed Stroligo back in the day, for regular overclocking... Reading their stuff, as well as community articles Joe published got me interested.

Brolloks, Dejo, Dolk and others on my team got me into it for real by putting together a benchmarking party in November 2010 which I didn't bench at, but I bought a dewar just after that and started learning.

Edited by I.M.O.G.

• 2 months later...

aquamark3 got me started for realz, benching XFX AGP 6600 GT in the first rig my brother built me and kept pushing from there. Ive always admired Vince, shammy, dre, nick, hazzan, AU guys, Greek guys, Japanese bros, hell I think most of you bastards are alright ;)

• Crew

Global: Hipro5, Eva2000 and fatal1ty-----> loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Local: Bassman, Blind and Geeemer

Got into overclocking as I couldn't afford the CPU and GPU of a friend/clan mate... Plus at local LAN parties there was always a cup for the fastest PC... 3D01 and AM3 where the benches back then...

Games from the dark ages :Quake 3, COD and MOHAA

Edited by Leeghoofd