HWBOT Community Forums

The official HyperX OC Takeover Season III Qualifier thread.

Christian Ney

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bullant
its not ready yet, trace issues. nick shih has the only working one and I dont think he is playing xD

Looking forward to this new board,I'm sure it be great

Easy not to b(i)tch when your board hasn't been banned for a silly reason though.

Gene/Hero/OCF/XPower/G1 Sniper should all be good to go so what board are you referring to? Also be prepared to buy boat loads of retail MFR I have binned 32 modules and only like 8-10 good pieces (of which 8 I sold. fml right?) and by good I mean 3200 c12 tuco tight.

Seems 3333 c11 on retail will be almost impossible on air cooling and even c12 will be highly unlikely and improbable as well, unless your name is Goldhand Golibersuch® :D

Gene/Hero/OCF/XPower/G1 Sniper should all be good to go so what board are you referring to? Also be prepared to buy boat loads of retail MFR I have binned 32 modules and only like 8-10 good pieces (of which 8 I sold. fml right?) and by good I mean 3200 c12 tuco tight.

Seems 3333 c11 on retail will be almost impossible on air cooling and even c12 will be highly unlikely and improbable as well, unless your name is Goldhand Golibersuch® :D

I've got a SOC FORCE. Which even though I can buy here in AUS is banned because of availability apparently.

I've already binned a few sets, nothing exceptional though out of them yet.

Goldhand Dad these days isn't it.

also can we add 2x SPD tabs on physics and xtu :) could easily use an ES stick of 3333 paired with fury 2666 and only show the fury :)

Makes sense. Will update the rules.

there is a problem, is impossible to submit the results of XTU, the required version is wrong, there is no 6.2.0.8, the last is the 6.0.2.8 :P

:D Will be fixed tomorrow.

Edited by Christian Ney

i guess it is not the main task of the HyperX rep who had this project to figure out the rules, they just trying to do their best. it does not make sense at all to blame them or the hwbot team. everyone wants a fair competition and equal rules, but hey, i guess they dont lose anything about not making another one next time if we b****ing in every 2nd comment. sorry i had to let this out.

Guys relax :) Banning some boards makes really big sense in this case. In fact I would even consider banning totally Skylake (because of also bad availability) and make qualifier @ X99 In fact it would be cheaper, boards normally available, good boards are cheaper than shitty Z170. i7 5820K is cheaper to buy than Skylake... ;) Also note that X99 doesn't die and Skylake dies as crazy from everything... ;)

But of course considering "promoting" next generation platform, let's analyse Z170 availability for "XOC compatible boards": Xpower was available almost from the very beginning, Ranger, Hero, Gene were also possible to buy in Poland from the start (overpriced but there was small stock), now they are pretty highly available. M8E currently is very limited but it's possible to grab one. Asrock Z170 OC Formula was available earlier, now it's a bit harder to find, but still possible.

Regarding other boards, I don't have SOC (well I got one as a prize from Goodbye Haswell competition) but I can't buy one and didn't get any sample for @ ocing, SOC LN2 or Impact board too... so if I don't have any of those boards (considering I am close with Asus and Gigabyte, currently 2nd on HWBOT ranking) than who will have it? Totally private extreme ocer who tries to qualify to have a new journey in OC world? ;) Come on :D

BTW,

It's pretty said that Intel and motherboard vendors after 3 months of the launch day still have issues to deliver new generation on the market. I say NO to paper launches :D

Edited by Xtreme Addict

Guest Bullant

I myself have no retail board or CPU so not sure if I'll buy or not,as far as the HyperX comp I think we should be all very thankful that Kingston is even putting such a high profile comp like this on with $15000! Price pool it's not ever day this happens

As for the board availability I can see these a legit reasons,I'm also sure Kingston will take all this on board for next year with the board problem

Very good idea about second speed tab splave I also was going to say this,thanks once again Kingston for putting this awesome comp on and I look forward to seeing all the results