HWBOT Community Forums

Gigabyte Z170X-SOC Force - DDR4

Here is a screenshot of the timings the board sets, apart from me setting the primary timings, cr, trfc and tfaw manually as per my previous post.

Sometimes it will pass training and boot up successfully and other times it will just fail to boot. Its very intermittent. The bios needs a lot of improving, as these sticks have done this speed and faster on an Impact board.

Edited by Fact11

• 2 weeks later...

In my quest for >740 did i find a way to run with BCLK on 102,77 on de soc force. 102.78 was no go.

Boot from 102,67 then in windows raise bclk with 0,01 (gear activated + button next to gear), it didnt gave me 740 or higher yet but 738's are easy (approx 1 in 3 to 4 runs)

• 3 months later...
Guest Bullant
Yeah Bully, still have it! Haven't had a chance to play around with it recently. Had a big move, new job, etc.

Are you using the LN2 board or the standard?

No this is the std board as you can see no ln2 name in the mobo tab and on asrock config

I don't own either board,this std board just a loaner

Oh all the best with your move and new job man

Guest Bullant

Some retail MFR on air...Robbo was kind enough to give me his mfr,seems really nice kit,will run them on cold next week when I get my board.Expect them to do quite well :)

mfr-Rob.png

hello Z170 SOC owner :D

suddenly I can not boot over 2400MHz RAM manual set at any timings, 7segment display don't light on after bios save change or show code 55.

I do not understand how it can be possible because I saved the preset and I have not changed anything or hardware settings.

This is my config and my last bench: pilu`s XTU score: 1708 marks with a Core i7 6700K

Now use F6 bios but I would like try X08 bios, can you help me?

Thanks in advance ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah,don't think the gigga 4 dim board would come close to this air,(the ocfm does it easy too)I might test 4 dim soon

Edited by Bullant

• 2 weeks later...

Now I have problem with Windows7-10 64bit version (memory error crash and unstable system, sure no cpu clock error), 32bit work great @ 3866MHz CL12-12-12-28-2 1.870v Geil Dragon B-Die with 6700K.

I have follow and light adapt this BIOS config: http://forum.hwbot.org/showpost.php?p=435452&postcount=104

Can help me with memory configuration? Thanks in advance