HWBOT Community Forums

Gigabyte Z170X-SOC Force - DDR4

ya I just grabbed a 2x4gb kit of hyper x savage 2666 c13 and pulled the spreaders off last night and finally got some afr. For $80 hopefully I can bin a couple and find 2 nice sticks. Sure beats spending $200+ on one kit g-skill e-die. I have trouble with xtu efficiency and e-die, but mfr/afr is great.

I still wonder where are the higher rated afr kits.

Could be your imc.. try different chips.. For me the E die were stressing my imc more.. different chips different results.

• 1 month later...

anyone win at getting this board posting bdie at 12-12-12 4000?

I'm doing 3866 tight easily at 1.82v, tried same subs except 2T at 3960 and thats working, but try 100 bclck at 4000 divider and no go.

1.95, 2v, higher vccio & vsa...

probably a sub timing, plus its a 4dimm board, but just wondering if anyone had pulled it off.

Don't think there's a chance unless you're using the LN2 board. I don't know of anyone who was even able to do 3000C11 or 3200C12 with this board. It just doesn't do extremely tight memory :(

I couldnt do bunnyextraction with my MFR, but suspect its because they were just crap, but no problems 3600 12-15-15-18 tight on D die 4 sticks all day.

b-die doing 3866 12-12-12 without issue though. just hoping to get 4k but not too worried if it wont.

Edited by zeropluszero

Hi everyone,

I'm from Australia and have got a Z170X SOC Force Board and have read through all your posts about your Z170 SOC Force and how you overclocked memory on it. I'm new to overclocking and still learning how to overclock ram.

I was wondering if I could please get your help on a problem I'm having.

I have the following memory installed :

G.Skill Ripjaws V - 16GB (4x4GB) -3600Mhz DDR4 Part No : F4-3600C17Q-16GVK

The XMP factory timings are 17-18-18-38-2T - 1.35 volts.

For some reason I just can't seem to get the CAS Latency any lower than 16, when I have the Command Rate set at 1T.

No matter how much voltage I give it, it just will not train the memory and boot successfully.

I have gone as high as 1.9 volt for the DRAM voltage and the DRAM Training Voltage and as high as 1.45volt on both the VCCIO and SA Voltages and it just fails to boot if I have 15 as my CAS in the primary timings and command rate set to 1T.

So far when I have overclocked my memory, I have only changed the primary timings and set the command rate to 1T. All the other timings I have left at AUTO for now.

What am I missing or doing wrong, that I cannot have my primary CAS at 15 or lower and my command rate at 1T? I have seen so many others have the same G.skill memory at a CAS Latency of like 12 or 13 and their command rate is at 1T. So why doesn't it do it on this board. I am running the latest BIOS of F6h.

So far these are the settings I alter in the bios when I overclock memory :

Dram Voltage

Dram Training Voltage

VCCIO Voltage

SA Voltage

and then the primary timings and the Command Rate.

I haven't touched any other secondary or tertiary timings yet.

If you could please let me know how I can get my CAS Latency at 15 or lower and still have a Command Rate of 1T, it would be greatly appreciated.

The full specs of my system are as follows :

I7-6700k cpu

Z170x SOC Force board

16GB - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600MHZ

3 x Samsung 950 Pro NVME SSD drives

4 x Asus 980TI Poseidon GPU in 4-way SLI

Corsair Ax-1500 Watt Power Supply

Corsair 110i GTX AIO CPU Cooler

Look forward to your reply.

Thanking you in advance.

Hey XBass, I am running Bios F6h, which is the latest beta one.

Yes I have the memory set at 3600mhz when booting.

I once tried setting the memory at 3466mhz, which is the next one down from 3600mhz and it still will not boot up, if I have the cas at 15 and the CR at 1T.

I have tried it with both XMP enabled and disabled.

With XMP enabled and the speed set at 3600mhz, it will not accept a CAS of 15 with a command rate of either 1 or 2.

With XMP disabled and the speed set at 3600mhz, it will accept a CAS of 15 but only if CR is at 2T or AUTO, which is the same thing.

If I set CR to 1T, then it will fail to boot.

Ok I tried your suggestion of setting the speed to a lower one. I choose the next one down from 3466mhz, which is 3333mhz and I was then able to set the CAS to 15 and the CR to 1T and it booted successfully. I then tried CAS 14 and then CAS 13, both at 1T and it has successfully booted.

So what does that mean, that I can get a lower CAS than 15 at 3333Mhz, but not at 3600Mhz ?

Ok i'll give it a try. So far I have only overclocked using the multipliers for either the cpu or the memory. Have never tried altering the BCLK yet. Will let you know how I go. It's 2.30am here in Aus, i'm going to sleep now. I'll post up my results tomorrow.

Thanks for your help XBass, I really appreciate it.

Edited by Fact11

Hey XBass, I tried setting the BCLK to 108 like you suggested and it failed to boot again.

That was with the speed at 3333Mhz and timings at 15-18-18-38-1T.

If I put the BCLK back to 100, it trains the memory and boots up fine.

So from what I can tell the bios just isn't allowing CAS Latencies of 15 or lower and CR of 1T, at speeds above of 3333Mhz.

You mentioned about having Gigabyte fix the issue for the next bios. How do we go about doing that ?

The other things I have tried and been successful with so far are the following :

I have set the timings and speed to the following and it has trained and booted up fine :

Speed 3866Mhz @ 18-22-22-42-2T 1.35 Volt

Speed 4000Mhz @ 19-21-21-41-2T 1.40 Volt

These are the speeds and factory XMP timings of the two Ripjaws V Kits that are above my 3600Mhz kit. I tried it to see if my ram could run at the higher kits and it did. But if I try and set the CR to 1T at those speeds, it again fails to boot no matter how much voltage I give it.

It has to be in the bios, because I have seen other people with the same kits as mine running a lot tighter timings and getting better scores in benchmarks, but they have been on either an Asus Z170 board or the Asrock Z170 OC Formula.

It would be good to have it fixed as I think the Z170X SOC Force is an awesome board, and has the most features compared to all the other Z170 boards, just Gigabyte really need to make their bios a lot better than what it is now.

Let me know your thoughts and if you have any other suggestions.