HWBOT Community Forums

[GUIDE] Skylake Memory Timings on Asus Motherboards !

Alex@ro

Hey Load ,

i have the same problems as Doug2507 ! Would be cool to get also this Bios .

Yeah, defo not the only one that's had this, maybe just a little bit more determined than others to get it going!

Certainly won't be binning sticks till sorted! :D

That would be very nice! Please :)

No problem guys but wrong thread, post in one minute in the correct thread.

Can your Patriot run 3600 16-16 on asus at 1,35v or less, Calvin? My "cheap" 3600c16 fail this no matter which imc volts or subtimings,1 or 2t, they need above 1,35 for this but run 16-17 at 1,3v memtest...

My Trident Z 3600 16-16 1T works flawless even under 1.3v, works 3733 16-16 1T with stock volts too. Currently using Gene with bios 0014, but have to try another bios, cause with this bios i have serious problems getting these work +3600 12-12 1T..

• Administrators
My Trident Z 3600 16-16 1T works flawless even under 1.3v, works 3733 16-16 1T with stock volts too. Currently using Gene with bios 0014, but have to try another bios, cause with this bios i have serious problems getting these work +3600 12-12 1T..

I received a second kit out of same order, it did specs and 3733 12-12-12-28 220 1T around 1,7v on Hero, at 3866 12-12 boot and 1m but 32m failed, 12-14 worked then, might have needed better IMC. judging from xmp voltage your kit might do better, needed 1,32v for that

Restarted from scratch a new windows xp install and seems everything is fine with first post "

M8 Impact 3866 13-18-18 Tight,Hynix AFR All air

4 ghz : 7:21:937

4ghz26qa7.png

5 ghz : 5:58:531

5ghzn4pwo.png

SIDE NOTE:

In order to have Write Recovery Time (twr) seen as 10 in utilities you need to adjust Write to Precharge Value from auto (26) to 23 ,this will get you 10 instead of 13 .

SIDE NOTE:

In order to have Write Recovery Time (twr) seen as 10 in utilities you need to adjust Write to Precharge Value from auto (26) to 23 ,this will get you 10 instead of 13 .

Finally the mystery is solved, thanks again Alex!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guest barbonenet
Restarted from scratch a new windows xp install and seems everything is fine with first post "

M8 Impact 3866 13-18-18 Tight,Hynix AFR All air

4 ghz : 7:21:937

4ghz26qa7.png

5 ghz : 5:58:531

5ghzn4pwo.png

SIDE NOTE:

now looks better........i find the same solution for lower the twr, because i look the timings of ocf, and i understand where was the problem on asus :)

theme luna worked fine only on perica os......on new one is better standard!;)

• 3 weeks later...

Tried the B-die on Maximus VIII Extreme :

2 modules DDR4-3900 12-12-12-1T! with proper 50-51 RTL :

snaphsot0007burm6.png

4 module DDR4-3733 12-12-12-1T! ,3866 booted a few times but no stability with 1T yet,need to retest on single stage.

snaphsot00067hpil.png

The gold rule is to trust the retry button and lock RTL manually as soon as proper training occurs.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys :)

I need help, I'm at the bottom bucket :(

I'm having trouble with BDIE

I tested full kit on i3 ( 4 kit 3600c16,2 kit 3600c17,2 kit 3200c15) on m8g/m8i and m8e and I can not make a loop on the 32m .

I dont understand what i'm doing wrong, the c12 does not pass with volts ram , cpu, sa, VCCIO ...

bclk 100 with low ratio ram it's same :(

I have not tested under cold ram but just on the cpu to test .

do you think the cause is due to xp badly tweaked (max mem ... )

I test on windowsxp32b .

Thanks for your help.

Hello guys :)

I need help, I'm at the bottom bucket :(

I'm having trouble with BDIE

I tested full kit on i3 ( 4 kit 3600c16,2 kit 3600c17,2 kit 3200c15) on m8g/m8i and m8e and I can not make a loop on the 32m .

I dont understand what i'm doing wrong, the c12 does not pass with volts ram , cpu, sa, VCCIO ...

bclk 100 with low ratio ram it's same :(

I have not tested under cold ram but just on the cpu to test .

do you think the cause is due to xp badly tweaked (max mem ... )

I test on windowsxp32b .

Thanks for your help.

B-die does this. Its the RAM's fault.

I've got 6 kits here that do the same thing.

If this is happening at 4000C12, try 3866C12. And keep in mind that not all kits scale with voltage, so sometimes try lowering the voltage. To avoid overvolting from the get go, its best to find the lowest voltage to pass training & then go up from there.

Also, its good to lock in RTLS after first training pass, to avoid random instabilities.

I use 1.25V VCCIO & 1.3V VSA. You can do upto 1.35V on both, depending on your IMC, it might or might not help. I haven't found it helpful.

Cold CPU doesn't help from what I've heard. Also best to stick to 100BCLK initially to judge the kit.

Edited by rtsurfer

If this is happening at 4000C12, try 3866C12. And keep in mind that not all kits scale with voltage, so sometimes try lowering the voltage. To avoid overvolting from the get go, its best to find the lowest voltage to pass training & then go up from there.

Also, its good to lock in RTLS after first training pass, to avoid random instabilities.

I use 1.25V VCCIO & 1.3V VSA. You can do upto 1.35V on both, depending on your IMC, it might or might nor help. I haven't found it helpful.

Cold CPU doesn't help from what I've heard. Also best to stick to 100BCLK initially to judge the kit.

Seems to be good advice, I experience exactly same behavior.

I can boot easely (when i'm not stuck in 55-41 loop :D ) but then -> "not exact" after init loop with 1800c17 @1.95v or 1900c12 @1.75.... :D

final I tryed to start again from clear bios, all timing auto and rise frequency up to 3800 and find that memory failed due to voltage.

After 1.67v it stop benching. It's Os stable but can't run 32M

Guest Bullant

I use 1.25V VCCIO & 1.3V VSA. You can do upto 1.35V on both, depending on your IMC, it might or might nor help. I haven't found it helpful.

Good advice

hi all.

I have 2 kits of 3600c16 kit tested on OCF ATX. All of them can pass 4000 12 12 12 220 2t spi 32m@winxp 32bit, but failed @Win7 64bit.

what's subtimings should be changed?

thanks

Doesn't matter changing subtimings, 64bit OS is the problem. I believe you can change max mem in os to under 4000mb while mems in xmp and go back to bios and set bench timings and freq.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?292331-***Official-ASRock-z170-OC-Formula-Finger-Pop-OC-Bonanza-UKNOWDAT-Edition-FTW-ETC***&p=5268923&viewfull=1#post5268923

At high frequency and tight timings B-die shows weakness on x64 os, try to set maxmem to reduce available memory to OS

thanks Michael.

I am currently using an old XP system which was used on my z97 MB. I wanna install a new one to run some test on skylake platform. Is there any guideline can tell me how to do that?

regards~

Doesn't matter changing subtimings, 64bit OS is the problem. I believe you can change max mem in os to under 4000mb while mems in xmp and go back to bios and set bench timings and freq.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?292331-***Official-ASRock-z170-OC-Formula-Finger-Pop-OC-Bonanza-UKNOWDAT-Edition-FTW-ETC***&p=5268923&viewfull=1#post5268923

got it~ let me read this thread.

thanks

• Administrators
thanks Michael.

I am currently using an old XP system which was used on my z97 MB. I wanna install a new one to run some test on skylake platform. Is there any guideline can tell me how to do that?

regards~

Try Coolice´s guide and software for this new xp install, it worked for me on Asus and also on OCF I had a while ago

http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=142991