HWBOT Community Forums

[GUIDE] Skylake Memory Timings on Asus Motherboards !

Alex@ro

Twtr_l and _S are not linked between,so adjusting them will actually adjust twrrd_sd and dg , minimal values are 6-1 and 21-16. Trrd_l and S are also not linked ,for samsung this works 6-4 good ,for hynix over 3466 you should try 7-5 or even higher if you can't find stability.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have ASUS Maximus IX Hero with i7-7700k and 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-4000 18-19-19-39-1.35V. I was getting sporadically code 55 on boot and random crashes for a year and could not find a way to fix that.

I followed this guide, issues 1 and 4, and set manually tRDWR_sg, tRDWR_dg, tRDWR_dr, tRDWR_dd to 18 and tWRWR_dd to 8.

That fixed my problems and now my system is rock stable. 3DMark and Intel Extreme Tuning Utility benchmarks report 6% CPU and memory performance improvement.

Many thanks for sharing this information.

5GHz_setting.txt

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

for information and/or explaination ,

i experienced some stranges results on my z170 (asus pro gaming) + B-Die 3600C15 GTZ (the one with close chip)

-> TRDWR sg/dg/dr/dd = 15 // superPi = 7m01

-> TRDWR sg/dg/dr/dd = 13 // superPi = 7m09

-> TRDWR sg/dg/dr/dd = 14 // superPi = 7m00

Strange ? Normal ?

fsdfsdfsf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Seems its wont boot at 12 :[ but well i constated another thing :

my superpi results are never the same , at each boot or during same session they can be differents, they are between 7m00 and 7m09 , do i miss something ??

the os is win10 but very light

Edited by ssk2

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Glad i found a FREE (yes oO) Maximus IX Extreme, ok iam not a 2019 guy.

Sadly this board is doing worse than my z170 pro gaming....

i cant find stability at same timming (cf my screen before) ... 3733Mhz 14-14-14-28 2T, almost everything fixed, also RTL/iOL @ 57-56-7-6, i managed to reach the same perf than with the pro gaming but that was a very hard war. That board sometime that booted at 3866 stable ingame on win10 for hours...!, i was so happy, but next reboot gave me code 55 or 49, couldnt understand. Same story at 3733 even with tRDWR fixed at 14 or 15...but today its ok ROCKSTABLE ! did i miss something oO ? a boot voltage...? Grrr ! but i enjoy:b

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2019 at 1:10 PM, ssk2 said:

Hi,

Glad i found a FREE (yes oO) Maximus IX Extreme, ok iam not a 2019 guy.

Sadly this board is doing worse than my z170 pro gaming....

i cant find stability at same timming (cf my screen before) ... 3733Mhz 14-14-14-28 2T, almost everything fixed, also RTL/iOL @ 57-56-7-6, i managed to reach the same perf than with the pro gaming but that was a very hard war. That board sometime that booted at 3866 stable ingame on win10 for hours...!, i was so happy, but next reboot gave me code 55 or 49, couldnt understand. Same story at 3733 even with tRDWR fixed at 14 or 15...but today its ok ROCKSTABLE ! did i miss something oO ? a boot voltage...? Grrr ! but i enjoy:b

I have same problems with Maximus IX Extreme i upgraded from Maximus VIII Hero with M8H i was able to boot  with memory set to 4000Mhz with Maximus IX Extreme unable boot 3866Mhz.

Edited by KingGustavo
BCLK overcloking works well...