HWBOT Community Forums

Kaveri 3DMark social club :)

How did you set in in BIOS?

What kind of voltage ? I only touched those shown on BIOS screenshot )))

P.S. A10-7870K has arrived , also Crossblade Ranger ! :) Have big expectations ! :D

You mean 1.2vAPU or VDDNB? What does VDDA control?

I dont know what VDDA controls but in my case it helped a little bit with CPU overclock with 7400K , at least +100MHz on CPU clocks . Maybe someone can explain what those 2 voltages are for i have no clue :)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not very happy with CPU overclock , stuck at only 4620MHz @ 1.5875v , 4700 not possible even with much higher vcore not even bench stable :( And temperatures as you can see in AMD OverDrive are very good

attachment.php?attachmentid=3549&stc=1&d=1449146893

attachment.php?attachmentid=3550&stc=1&d=1449146887

Also some observations on how 7400K reacted and scaled to voltages (if anyone interested that i doubt considering its Very low end and cheap APU lol) , all results Prime stable (time is just how long i left it to run) :

CPU MHz :

3500 MHz @ 1.1375 vcore --> Prime stable 8h13m , Temp margin remaining = 67.2 C (in AMD overdrive)

4000 MHz @ 1.30v --> 6h14 , T marging = 60.2 C

4200 MHz @ 1.3625v --> 10h17m , T margin = 58.6 C

4300 MHz @ 1.40v --> 6h51m , T margin = 55.4 C

4400 MHz @ 1.4625v ---> 5h2m , T margin = 52.4 C

4500 MHz @ 1.50v --> 30h19m , T margin = 47.6 C

4600 MHz @ 1.575v --> 6h47m , T margin = 44.9 C

4620 MHz @ 1.5875v | iGPU @ 1.425v + Furmark --> 9h46m , T margin = 38.1 C

iGPU o/c :

900MHz @ 1.1375v NB

960MHz @ 1.20

1029MHz @ 1.25

1108MHz @ 1.35

1200MHz @ 1.475

*** gpu LOVES to stay cool , huge increases from temperature drops

Memory o/c :

Tested from 1200MHz all the the way up to 1320MHz prime stable with just 1.1375v NB ! Strong Memory controller on this 7400K :)

Edited by Gorod

• 1 month later...

Just leaving this here for you guys.

3DMark Fire Strike - Kaveri Leaderboard

Embed code:

<script src='http://hwbot.org:80/js/embed.js'></script>
<div id='c97f5905-dc49-48fe-ad47-e9befc9a00d1'><script type='text/javascript'>hwbot_embed('c97f5905-dc49-48fe-ad47-e9befc9a00d1','','embedTable')</script></div>

3DMark Fire Strike - Godavari Leaderboard

Embed code:

<div id='5fbc857b-6cd8-471c-b867-3f573b82ba8a'><script type='text/javascript'>hwbot_embed('5fbc857b-6cd8-471c-b867-3f573b82ba8a','','embedTable')</script></div>

Edited by Massman

Embed code:

<div id='c97f5905-dc49-48fe-ad47-e9befc9a00d1'><script type='text/javascript'>hwbot_embed('c97f5905-dc49-48fe-ad47-e9befc9a00d1','','embedTable')</script></div>

Embed code:

<div id='5fbc857b-6cd8-471c-b867-3f573b82ba8a'><script type='text/javascript'>hwbot_embed('5fbc857b-6cd8-471c-b867-3f573b82ba8a','','embedTable')</script></div>

That's awesome

Massman Thank you for not forgetting about "red" underdog :) AMD still holding the last stand in APU's department and many innovations intel lacks )))

newlife Thank You for help pointing on importance of subtimings m8 , it really helped a lot ! cheers ! :)

P.S. Does anyone know a software utility for changing memory timings/subtimings that work on Kaveri ? For some reason AMD Overdrive is acting weird , for example after i change any of subtimings the scores in 3d mark drop a good 100+ points , no matter what i change , once i hit the "apply" button performance drops . And seems there are no other utilities for playing with timings , searched on internet entire day and could not find anything ..

//table

//table

Thanks a lot for this.

What is the main reason Godvari is significantly better than Kaveri? Better IMC?

Godavari are meant to be a better bin but the two cpus I've had are junk on cpu core and the ihs is soldered which makes a big difference to the volts you can run but with the two cpus I've tried don't run well under cold and one cold boots at -30 and the other -40 while my 7400k cold boots at -80 and cb at -100

Edit: the only thing I know of that allows changing timings was AOD but I had a lose of efficiency with richland when I did 32m

Edited by newlife

I don't think AOD even supports Kaveri. //ninja-edit: apparently the latest version actually does!

The Stilt used to support AMD with enthusiast-grade software, but I don't think AMD is too bothered. Haven't heard of any recent tool that support the latest architectures.

I don't think AOD even supports Kaveri. //ninja-edit: apparently the latest version actually does!

And sends my system to BSoD while tweaking RAM timings.

Also, looks like latest GA-F2A88XN-Wifi BIOS version F6 breaks IGP overclock (stays at stock no matter what MHz are set in BIOS).

And sends my system to BSoD while tweaking RAM timings.

Also, looks like latest GA-F2A88XN-Wifi BIOS version F6 breaks IGP overclock (stays at stock no matter what MHz are set in BIOS).

You must be setting something not stable because it works fine for me and I'm using a F2A88X-UP4 and was fine on the F2A88XN-Wifi as well

My F2A88XN-Wifi died so I cant comment on the f6 bios but f5 works fine and have you tried overcloking using AOD? Oh and I had a problem once with the UP4 were it would run igpu stock unless done in OS but a clear cmos fixed that

You must be setting something not stable

Even minor memory subtiming change leads to BSoD. And setting that timing through BIOS is fully stable.

My F2A88XN-Wifi died so I cant comment on the f6 bios but f5 works fine and have you tried overcloking using AOD?

Actually, I reverted back to F5.

AOD overclock disables freq drop on idle, so it's useless for me. While Gorod uses Kaveri as pure benching platform, I prefer more stable daily usage OC like in old days ;)

but a clear cmos fixed that

No luck for me.

One small question - are there any F2A88XN bioses with more settings unlocked (like in UP4)?

Thank you for not forgetting about "red" underdog :) AMD still holding the last stand in APU's department and many innovations intel lacks )))

Oh noooooo, my Godav FS score for CC 2015 is beaten already...

Just saw this post today..

Thanks for making this thread, Gorod!

I love APU and i think this is a good start to bring it to the community again.

Good run anyway, so efficient!

can someone try max SUperpi32M at Kaveri? Someone with LN2? If some chip can hit 6 GHz 32M, it could be really quick :) (under 10min)

I did but was only a quick run and should've been good for about 5.7ghz 32m but run out of time because I had country cup stuff to do

http://hwbot.org/submission/3059804_

Was going to try my 7650k under dice today or tomorrow that I could valid at 5.22ghz with a old and poor shape h100 and 5.32ghz with ice water and 5.126ghz 32m with ice water

http://hwbot.org/submission/3079267_

Seems this is a very, very average chip as it took strapping on the phase unit to match air cooled scores. Think iGPU core is tapped out but feel there is room for improvement if I had RAM with ICs better suited for AMD. No tweaks, just new OS and raw speed. Hopefully now that I have baseline, I can maybe break 23xx.

LjJ6JIZ.jpg

rrMcIJJ.jpg?1

Seems this is a very, very average chip as it took strapping on the phase unit to match air cooled scores. Think iGPU core is tapped out but feel there is room for improvement if I had RAM with ICs better suited for AMD. No tweaks, just new OS and raw speed. Hopefully now that I have baseline, I can maybe break 23xx.

LjJ6JIZ.jpg

rrMcIJJ.jpg?1

Not bad on the gpu side but the cpu side is shocking and aim for 24xx because at your speeds it's definitely possible

Edit: Sammy's are one of the best ICs for AMD although hynix will clock better and keep in mind I've been using PSC which is extremely painful to run with AMD especially with kaveri/godavari

Edited by newlife

Not bad on the gpu side but the cpu side is shocking and aim for 24xx because at your speeds it's definitely possible

Edit: Sammy's are one of the best ICs for AMD although hynix will clock better and keep in mind I've been using PSC which is extremely painful to run with AMD especially with kaveri/godavari

I was fairly disappointed with CPU mhz too but I also didn't work with vcore yet either. Basically just maxxed and ran what would run. Plan on trying to lower vCore and see if decrease in temps allows for more headroom.

Regarding ICs, I was going off what Gorod said and seems likely that's why he can hit 2666+ speeds.

I'm gonna break it down tomorrow as my testing today seems there's nothing else that I can test to give a significant boost. Might switch to either 8150 or Kabini. AMD is much easier to play than Intel at the moment :D