HWBOT Community Forums

Kaveri 3DMark social club :)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

newlife very very nice !!! And good graphics core on that 7650K , 1329MHz with iced water ! :celebration:

How much voltage did it need for that ? :) My 7700K needed 1.65v NB in BIOS (~ 1.60 by multimeter readings) for just 1263 with -5C ambients

btw , how to comment on someone submission ? Only see the "like it" button , but how to leave comments or questions ? Lol cant find that otion for some reason )))

newlife very very nice !!! And good graphics core on that 7650K , 1329MHz with iced water ! :celebration:

How much voltage did it need for that ? :) My 7700K needed 1.65v NB in BIOS (~ 1.60 by multimeter readings) for just 1263 with -5C ambients

btw , how to comment on someone submission ? Only see the "like it" button , but how to leave comments or questions ? Lol cant find that otion for some reason )))

Cheers, nb I had at 1.625v set with medium llc and I managed to get the core running at 1361 but efficiency was junk

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/10420589

It was sub zero ice in water in that I lowerd the waters freezing point and I didn't test the temp but from previous testing with the same mix it was about -6c but I've as low as - 9.5c with a different mix

Should be a box down the bottom

Edited by newlife

newlife and everybody , guys ... i need your wisdom please ! :) This is driving me insane :(

for past couple days i've been fighting with GPU-Z on Windows XP , the GPU-Z wont open/load completely on my Asus boards (A88X-PRO and Crossblade Ranger) with Kaveri and even with old Trinity APU's ! Tried a whole set of drivers from Catalyst 12.8 to 14.4 , a whole bunch of different GPU-Z versions from 0.6.5 (first to support Trinity) and up to 0.8.6. Nothing works ! GPU-Z just hangs on load (but not freezez completely - can be closed from task manager) . Cant even get it working on an old A6-5400K ! In the same time if i add a discrete graphics card it works (both AMD and nVidia) , tried with GTX 550Ti and Radeon 7870 , GPU-Z works fine on both , in case with Radeon 7870 even with same exact drivers ! This is insane !!! So after couple reinstall's and many many hours spent battling with GPU-Z i decided to try it on my entry level Gigabyte board (some A68 model ) , and same thing , GPU-Z not loading ! Then after googling some more , found a mention about GPU-Z not liking HPET timer for some weird reason . And here we go , indeed after disabling HPET timer in BIOS on Gigabyte board GPU-Z now works on A6-5400K ! And of course by Murphy's law , theres no such option to disable HPET timer on both Asus boards ... But why would GPU-Z not load with iGPU but loads just fine with Radeon 7870 with exact same drivers and OS and rest of hardware ? Everything else's beside GPU-Z is working great , including 3DMarks , just GPU-Z giving me such hard time for no reason , all that described is on Win XP , on newers Win7 and 10 all is fine of course :)

Edited by Gorod

newlife Same thing , AIDA works fine , only GPU-Z is giving hard time :(

Just checked on Trinity - AIDA also works great , even shows the current GPU clocks , and all other information . Wondering if we can use it instead of GPU-Z (because its not working) on Kaveri and Trinity with Win XP ? In my case even Trinity hangs on GPU-Z load under Windows XP , only way to fix it that i found so far is disabling HPET in BIOS (on Gigabyte boards they have such option in BIOS ) and Asus boards do not have such option sadly .

attachment.php?attachmentid=3808&stc=1&d=1453699893

I think using aida64 when gpu z doesn't work is fine but best to check with christian ney or somebody first

Edit: And good question would be who would I get in touch with to let them know about the problem because it was the same thing with trinity but that got fixed

Edited by newlife

Picked up some vengeance pro 2x8gb 2400 c11-13-13 with unknown hynix ICs and they clock very high with this platform although channel b (2 outside slots) won't run past about 2500 :/

/Pics

I took off the heat spreaders but corsair branded and markings lead nowhere

This single stick speed? Pass any benches?

Yeah single stick and at that speed it doesn't seem to run 1m but at 2700 in can run 4m but 8m fails halfway and I'll post some screenshots later because I'm still working on it

Oh and with a single stick in outer slots it doesn't post past 2550 and struggles to run stable at 2400 so I'm trying to get that sorted as well

Edited by newlife

Sorry for the delay but I killed my win 10 install and the outer slots require about a extra 100-200mv to do the same because 1.75v is needed with theses 2400 xmp but the inner slots only need 1.55v

This was with 1.8v and a single stick in a inner slot

VMu12HR.png

I did have FS running at 2700 but didn't screen and OS died so I'll have to try again later

newlife

Why do you think its not running in dual channel close to those speeds ? Both memory sticks perform that well in single channel but not so well when in dual ? I found old screenshot from my BCK0 Samsung , unfortunately its single sided so its useless for Kaveri :(

If i am not mistaken thats without tesselation disabled , hence about 90-100 points lower than it should be . Also didnt bother with subtimings , probably another ~ 100 points missing from there :) If somebody could find DDR3-2800 capable dual rank set that would make for some monster scores :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=3841&stc=1&d=1454143508

Edited by Gorod

newlife

Why do you think its not running in dual channel close to those speeds ? Both memory sticks perform that well in single channel but not so well when in dual ? I found old screenshot from my BCK0 Samsung , unfortunately its single sided so its useless for Kaveri :(

If i am not mistaken thats without tesselation disabled , hence about 90-100 points lower than it should be . Also didnt bother with subtimings , probably another ~ 100 points missing from there :) If somebody could find DDR3-2800 capable dual rank set that would make for some monster scores :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=3841&stc=1&d=1454143508

I think it's the board since I've tried different CPU's and both sticks seem to clock the same plus I could run higher frequency in the past then I currently can and the board gives me debug codes that aren't normal for mem clocking and only happens when mems are in outer slots

Would be awesome to see but a big factor of allowing to run 2800 in any benchs is nb volts around 1.3v or lower which is going to limit your gpu clocks

Don't you have 2666 c11 dom plats which are likely hynix mfr? If so give them a try with stock nb volts and also see if single channel allows you to clock higher

I think it's the board since I've tried different CPU's and both sticks seem to clock the same plus I could run higher frequency in the past then I currently can and the board gives me debug codes that aren't normal for mem clocking and only happens when mems are in outer slots

Would be awesome to see but a big factor of allowing to run 2800 in any benchs is nb volts around 1.3v or lower which is going to limit your gpu clocks

Don't you have 2666 c11 dom plats which are likely hynix mfr? If so give them a try with stock nb volts and also see if single channel allows you to clock higher

I am too a little suspicious of board as i had ga-f2a88x-up4 in the past and was stuck at ~ 1300MHz in dual channel on it (didnt try single channel) , right after switching to A88X-PRO immediately gained around 30MHz (with same dom 2666 c11 kit and 3 different apu's from 7400K to 7870K) and with help of cold ambient air with fan blowing on them another 30MHz , dont know what magic asus done to those boards (A88X-PRO and Crossblade Ranger) but they seem to really work well with my memory :) Also in my case a big factor seems to be VDIMM voltage , for some reason either memory or mem. controllers in my apu's hating VDIMM over 1.60v , with 1.60v its reaching maximum clocks (from 1356 to 1368 if lucky but later being not very stable , once even completed GT1 from 3dmark at 1380 but froze in GT2 lol ) and with anything over 1.60v - only ~ 1320 (but can tighten Cas from 11 to 10 , thats not helping much though to compensate the loss of MHz)

Another interesting detail i noticed on my 7400K and 7870K is how easy they both handle memory overclock with very low NB volts , both will do 1320 @ Prime Blend stable for over an hour with thei VID NB , 1.1375v !!! NB for 7400K and 1.225v for 7870K . All that leads to strong suspicion that its mobo+ram combination (mutual love if to say like that :D lol ) that is to thank in the first place for good overclocks

which exactly memory kit do you use for 1320 MHz stable? memory voltage is still around 1.7V only? Thanks for info :)

Memory voltage 1.60v maximum , with more its losing a little bit of MHz (around minus 20-30MHz)

Exact model : Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD8GX3M2A2666C11 ver5.12

Could not find where did i save screenshot of Prime Blend but found one from OCCT run (not very good for testing memory i know but its 2h+ :) ) Also note Vcore for 4.6GHz and NB uncore voltage , thats one good 7870K ! Very lucky :D Temperatures - plenty headroom remaining according to AMD overdrive , thx to solder TIM big improvement over Kaveri . He is prime stable @ 4.8 too but i forgot with what vcore :)

Edit : also 1320 @ ram is stable on all 3 APU's i have : 7400K/7700K and 7870K , this is why conclusion that this is more of mobo+ram combination achievement and not because IMC is strong on one particular APU :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=3854&stc=1&d=1454261349

Edited by Gorod