HWBOT Community Forums

ASUS Z170 non-k unlock

elmor

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Finely taking some time whit the asus m8i and a cheap g3900.

I have a problem whit the bios 0001 and 0002.

The ET flash 3 tool don't let me use them.

Any non-k bioses left? i am now on 2202 bios

bclk of 102 in xtu stays 100 in cpu-z :(

trayd the setting from the non-k guide :( no go , even 125 :(

ASUS Z170 Flash Back to Older BIOS How To - Overclocking.Guide

• 2 weeks later...

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, bios-ver: 2003.

Can not upgrade bios-ver: 1301 for execute OC.

I try to update FW from a flash, but after I indicate the folder on usb-flash, the EZ-FLASH utility(built-in bios) message me, that: ".. file is not proper bios". The file is: Z170-PRO-GAMING-ASUS-1301.CAP

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ok, probably an updated version of FPT is needed.

Well I just downloaded the latest version of FPT(11.6), I also updated MEI drivers and all that and it still shows the 368 error. My main problem is that with the new BIOS version, boot times are a mess and also my CPU runs hotter for some reason(the voltage is all over the place even when set on manual), I never should've upgraded from 1612. Some1, please help me downgrade.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I know I am late to the party, but I've got an Asus Z170-P with 6500 on it, and I'd like to try overclocking. This thing is updated to the latest 3301 BIOS from 2017/03/02, with Intel microcode updates. As far as I understand ME updates are still in the BIOS itself? Obviously I can't downgrade this version to the non-K modified BIOS, but I've bought a non-K 8001 flashed BIOS chip on Ebay and the seller was kind enough to test it for me on his own system.

Now my problem is that my PC doesn't POST with the new chip installed, I've tried resetting CMOS by jumper/battery removal, starting with only iGPU, but my system just spins fans, HDD and MB led lights, monitor stays black.

Any help, please?