HWBOT Community Forums

[HOW TO] Install USB on XP with Skylake

Guest barbonenet

Tryed some Asmedia drivers and found one that work on Z270 Apex , but will install only the red usb , you need to switch keyboard and mouse on PS2 ports.

copy the usbd.sys missing file to system32/drivers like in this thread saw allready then install "ASMedia_xHCI_Host_Controller_Driver_v1.16.38.1" Datei von filehorst.de laden

will ask you to show the way manually to "asmthub3.sys" ( extract arhive >drivers>ia64(for 64bit os) /i386(for 32bit os)>asmthub3.sys )

i instaled that port on both 32 and 64 bit xp

snaphsot0001h4s2g.png

• 3 weeks later...
hi

how instal your xp on z270 please ?

With the help of barebonet , i made his 2 os compatible with z270.

You can download the Tib from here,it takes you 30 seconds to install and be in windows.

XP64 support for z170/270 - Mostly for 3Dmark2001,it has moded inf for 980 ti integrated

Xp32 support for z170/270 - Used for spi32m

Edited by suzuki
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Check some post back...

here you go!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7rG-7_3h9AEY01UUi11ZEZPckk/view?usp=sharing'>https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7rG-7_3h9AEY01UUi11ZEZPckk/view?usp=sharing

in this zip are included fix for 32bit and 64bit.....also asmedia usb driver for both the os.

just unpack the needed version and copy the missing files in c:\windows\drivers.

install asmedia driver pack.....enjoy!

If it doesnt work with this simpli way, update drivers manually as the first post.......i attach here the guide!

First of all, what you need:

Missing Microsoft Usb Package + Z170 Drivers https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7rG-7_3h9AEY01UUi11ZEZPckk/view?usp=sharing

Z270 Drivers ASMedia_xHCI_Host_Controller_Driver_v1.16.38.1.zip beim Filehorst - filehorst.de (Thanks nachtfalke)

Insert these file inside one ssd drive that later you will attach to the pc with xp already installed, (extract these zip file in these ssd!);

Enable in BIOS AsMedia USB 3.0 3.1 Controller;

Install your copy of WindowsXP by following the guide that you can find on this forum;

When XP is installed, you can use only mouse and keyboard on usb BLACK ports(perhaps in the blue too, but it doesnt matter);

screen005.jpg

Copy the file USBFIXX (32 or 64 depend of xp version) folder content that you find inside USBFIXXP32-64.zip inside C:\Windows\System32\Drivers (this file is an original file of Windows XP, that is installed by Os in automatic when XP finds an USB 2.0 Port......but in Skylake this doesnt happen, so this is the FIX);

Now we are ready to install the driver AsMedia, first of install driver is better attach now the USB HUB to the RED USB PORT(this it will be the only port that it will work after the next restart);

Install the driver from Device Manager like that picture, Asmedia is the first Usb Controller;

screen009.jpg

screen011.jpg

Choose the folder d:\Asmedia when driverupdate ask where is the driver;

screen012.jpg

Continue to install the driver for USB ROOT HUB from the same location;

screen019.jpg

Do the same for the GENERIC USB HUB;

screen024.jpg

Before restart, attach the usb keyboard/mouse and one usbdrive to the hub usb, and check if they work......if they work, u will reboot and remember to remove the secondary SSD!

Check if usb HUB is Working!

DONE!!!!

-------------------------

For use another controller usb3.0 pcie instead integrated AsMedia, you need only to FIX the file USBD.SYS.......

so copy this file inside c:\windows\system32\drivers and install USB driver from device manager or with the exefile of the driver!

DONE

Video

Z270 Asmedia Drivers ASMedia_xHCI_Host_Controller_Driver_v1.16.38.1.zip beim Filehorst - filehorst.de (Thanks nachtfalke)

another thing for this comunity.

post in update.....

Edited by barbonenet

32bit done.....but u still need to update driver usb manually....i dont wanna share the os messed up because of driver usb.......so if u need it, just install drivers manually....

to be honest, for xp vista and 7 i use an additional ssd sata with all the tools that i need on it and driver.....i think is the fastest solution, sure it is for SPI32m

Edited by barbonenet

• 2 weeks later...

I have Skylake and an ASUS z270M Plus (Z270 mini-ATX) motherboard.

I have successfully installed XP SP3 32-bit, but I cannot get USB to work.

I do not think it has ASMedia SATA ports...Intel only.

ACPI is working in XP, and I enabled "xHCI handoff" in the BIOS.

I tried 3 different PCI > USB cards and they either forget the install every time I reboot, or I get a bluescreen BSOD when I plug in USB devices.

Can someone please help me to get USB working?

I have Skylake and an ASUS z270M Plus (Z270 mini-ATX) motherboard.

I have successfully installed XP SP3 32-bit, but I cannot get USB to work.

I do not think it has ASMedia SATA ports...Intel only.

ACPI is working in XP, and I enabled "xHCI handoff" in the BIOS.

I tried 3 different PCI > USB cards and they either forget the install every time I reboot, or I get a bluescreen BSOD when I plug in USB devices.

Can someone please help me to get USB working?

Follow this guide and put the missing files in c:\windows\system32\drivers then install usb drivers of ur external pcie card... Usb should work!!!

Or use my xp, and install only pcie usb card drivers.....

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Follow this guide and put the missing files in c:\windows\system32\drivers then install usb drivers of ur external pcie card... Usb should work!!!

It worked!! You are a god!!

Here's the card that worked for me:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FPIMICA/

It has 7 ports, 5 outside, 2 inside. Pretty cool plugging in flash drives *inside* the case!

The device is installed and detected as "Fresco Logic", per the software.

No BSODs, no forgetting-the-device-install, works flawless. I rebooted about 10x just to be sure, unplugging and re-plugging.

The cards that did *not* work are the VIA 805 and Renesas units. 3 of them.

Thanks again!