HWBOT Community Forums

Adjustment for Global Points - Work in progress

Guest george.kokovinis
ya it is true, I bought a decent chip and thought I would get top scores right away but they were all pretty bad, so I had to spend some time working on tweaking and getting some help to start to get decent scores. When you start to get decent scores and see the scores above you, it really makes you realize what is involved with them and how efficient they really are. You dont realize it as much until you get closer to the top scores. There is so much to learn.

"Because your like wait, I am at a better speed but my score is way lower"

So it definitely is a combination of a lot of things.

I personally think hardware points are awesome. It gives people who dont have a lot of money a chance to compete in the rankings.

There are a lot of points you can get with $10-$20 cards and a retail 6600k/6700k. I know that is still not cheap to some people.

Also 3d hardware is not like so easy compared to 2d hardware, there is a lot of modding and tweaking involved with 3d hardware points. A lot of work soldering and testing also.

A very rational and down to Earth approach my friend. :ws:

George:)

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I said it in a earlier post but I want to make a separate comment about this... I think 15 GP, 40 HP and 25CP aren't well distributed, 15 GP maybe is too low in comparision with the amount of the other points, I think they should be 20 GP slots at least, maybe 25 GP Slots since lot of people have dual-core and quad-core CPU now, and maybe even a X99 CPU and/or a high end GPU, and could probably fill 20/25 slots.

Also, who in the earth enters 25 competitions in a year? I think less than 50 people of the thousands of users that HWBOT has, 25 CP slots is totally unnecesary from my point of view...

About 40 hardware points, you need some years at HWBOT to achieve 40 good scores that give decent points, I think 30 would be fine so new users can be a little bit more competitive...

Resuming, I would make 20/25 Global Point Slots, 30 Hardware Point Slots, and 10/15 Competition Point slots

• 5 weeks later...
I think I said it in a earlier post but I want to make a separate comment about this... I think 15 GP, 40 HP and 25CP aren't well distributed, 15 GP maybe is too low in comparision with the amount of the other points, I think they should be 20 GP slots at least, maybe 25 GP Slots since lot of people have dual-core and quad-core CPU now, and maybe even a X99 CPU and/or a high end GPU, and could probably fill 20/25 slots.

Also, who in the earth enters 25 competitions in a year? I think less than 50 people of the thousands of users that HWBOT has, 25 CP slots is totally unnecesary from my point of view...

About 40 hardware points, you need some years at HWBOT to achieve 40 good scores that give decent points, I think 30 would be fine so new users can be a little bit more competitive...

Resuming, I would make 20/25 Global Point Slots, 30 Hardware Point Slots, and 10/15 Competition Point slots

I agree.

More HP is good for overclockers that bench many different hardware, and more slots for GP is needed because there are increasingly benchmarks listed. And considering that OCe have a year reset, 10 is enough.

My suggestion:

20 Global points slots

35 Hardware points slots

10 OCe points

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@Massman @Ney

Any update on this or the benchmarks revision (which ones get globals)? Points are dropping day by day for the legacies, especially 3D. But the most demotivating thing right now is the points distribution. It is a very "elite way" of distribution points today where the only the top three gets good points and everyone else get more or less the same points... I think this is very outdated and only promotes pay to win (get a few titan xp for easy points).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...