HWBOT Community Forums

Adjustment for Global Points - Work in progress

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 hardware points slots will make new people have very low points against people that its since a lot on HWBOT and already have a good number of good submissions, and maybe even requires lot of people of extreme to start getting past generations hardware to get hardware points, since this generation will give globals and not hardware points if only one type of points is considered by submission.

Anyway I think this new revision will reflect better the amount of effort that everybody makes, R6 is full of points without effort like XTUs with XMP mems + locked CPUs that gives lot of points, and some people has all their HP column full of that, and really a score with XMP profile is no effort for such points.

Global points wont get extensions of ammount of points counting? I ask this since there are more slots for hardware and competition points.

EDIT: Hardware points were reduced a lot, for example #58 of 560Ti on 3DM06 gives 12.2 HWP on rev 6, 3.3 HWP on rev 7, I think its too much difference. You need to be like top #20 on hardware even on very popular pieces to get 20 points.

Edited by Alan_Alberino

I don't have time to read it all (16pages) but my 2cents :

if 1st have 200pt and 2nd have 190pt then why pushing for 1st place ? being first is an hard fight, you should be reward by more than 10 extra point

200pt for global and 50 for hardware = too much global

maybe more hardware point would be nice to reward people that bench more, 30x 50pt instead of 20 x50pt.

One more time, if "you" want point, you need to deserve it. If 10th have almost as many point as 1st it's not normal. no pain no gain

Also consider the industry aspect. Overclocking cannot exist without the vendors. And I don’t think they are interested to see people top the rankings with only submissions on old hw.

You're a funny guy. Overclocking existed even before the vendors knew what it was, or figured out that they could leverage it for advertising.

Top rankings on old HW, IMO, is even more prestigious than on cutting edge HW.

You're a funny guy. Overclocking existed even before the vendors knew what it was, or figured out that they could leverage it for advertising.

As usual you contribute with something irrelevant :) I think most understand that I meant overclocking as we know it on hwbot. And I don't mean sponsorship to elites etc, but someone has to pay for servers, competitions, development etc.

Yes and once time yes. When I decided in 2016 year to overclock Pentium-III, and will have one of the best results why poins is so low? Think it will be more difficult then overclock modern -K cpu's with free multiple. That to overclock old-school HW it is necessary more then special skills.

As usual you contribute with something irrelevant :) I think most understand that I meant overclocking as we know it on hwbot. And I don't mean sponsorship to elites etc, but someone has to pay for servers, competitions, development etc.

It's totally relevant. Overclocking also existed on HWB before sponsors became involved. Also, new and old hardware co-existed peacefully during that time. Now as it stands, and by your statement, old HW should not have a place here because vendors are not interested in it or anybody that benches it, and that's fine, but to segregate and or eliminate it so the site can be paid for pretty much defines where you stand. I most certainly hope the staff here does not share your current gen only opinion.

It's totally relevant. Overclocking also existed on HWB before sponsors became involved. Also, new and old hardware co-existed peacefully during that time. Now as it stands, and by your statement, old HW should not have a place here because vendors are not interested in it or anybody that benches it, and that's fine, but to segregate and or eliminate it so the site can be paid for pretty much defines where you stand. I most certainly hope the staff here does not share your current gen only opinion.

What you wrote is actually all lies. Don't spread lies in my name.

I hope other people can actually read my posts, and mrscott can continue this discussion in PM if you want to.

Guest george.kokovinis

Far from being an easy task to balance so many parameters.

And there are human parameters and HW parameters.

The more financial interest is involved, the harder it gets.

Pieter and the gang, truly have a hard task.

1) Vendors - The part that keeps this site alive

2) Pro's - Professionals, are obliged to use the latest and best HW to be competitive.

3) All the rest -

Complicated algorithms is not my field.

In a very simplified approach, I see a distortion in the peaceful co-existence of HW of all ages.

Is this manageable ?

I sincerely do not know.

Hope it is because otherwise we are approaching a dead end.

• Crew

The funding/vendor discussion is totally irrelevant within the point algorythm discussion.

I see this r7 as a way to adjust more easily the weight of benches as well.

I like that the score is based relative on the top score, being second with 10point difference vs 2nd with 5000point difference makes it challenging and easier to relate at the same time.

I can see the point adjustement being a good discussion over the next few month as well.

A "merit" of a bench have been discussed quite a lot over the years, some people think 3d merit more, some say oldies merit more. In the end thoses are mostly PERSONAL preferences. How a good oc in egypt would be more valuable than the same score / hardware in sweden ? One for sure drive respect because of the environmental condition of the achievement, but this is something completly out of hand of an algorythm.

Tldr; : anything regarding merit based on personal preference is just circle spinning :D

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

My 2cents about the Overclcokers League algorithm (i've changed the formula to show how it could be):

League Points = A x (MAX(BP;GP)) + 2xB x (MAX(BP;GP)) + C x (MAX(HP)) + D x (MAX(CP))

A = Top 15 2D points

B = Top 10 3D points

C = Top 40

D = Top 15

BP = Benchmark Points

GP = Global Points

HP = Hardware Points

CP = OC-ESPORTS Competition Points

Let's be fair: who bench for 3D need to know 2D and RAM OC.

Edited by Casanova

For a long time I leaved that discussion.

While:

CPU ES allowed

4 cards have too much power 100 extra points

XTU is the cherry

Old Pifast, Wprime, etc and old 3D 01, AM3 have too much power,

Competition points together league points, while there are regional events not for all.

I prefer to let you, guys, decided.

It's completely different than my point of view, like to consider

Unigine, 05, 06 is 3D....

Good lucky for you all...

Here we are working to show:

Nice 3D benchmarks, like FS, Catzilla, 11...

Nice gaming benchs, Metro, the Division, etc under extreme....

Nice video edition... under extreme

Keep also old for legacy, competition and fun

Edited by rbuass

I agree with the point slope.

I don't agree to reward 3-4way with so many points. I do agree to reward the guys who bench these setups(not legacies) but 300 points are too many. I see 3DMark11 and Vantage in 2016...I only see one top score on each and these are because of the new CPUs.

I agree to increase the hw points but not to 40. Now they are 20 just increase them to 25 and you see how it goes and maybe next year we can increase them to 30.

What's going on with the GL points? Now I see 3 or 4 VGAs 05(almost stock cards) they get the same amount of points as the WR lol. What was the reason that the WR points have been removed from legacies? Ah, so a 50K score lower on 01 to get the same points as the WR lol

Isn't this very close with the point system back to '07-'08 with the only difference that back then you were getting a WR with 4way 05?

Also, another thing I can't understand why we should proceed with many changes in one time?

Why don't we agree on ONE change, make it, see how it is and then the second one...the third one etc.

Edited by sofos1990

I don't agree to reward 3-4way with so many points.

I agree to increase the hw points to 40.

What's going on with the GL points? 3 or 4 VGAs 05(almost stock cards) they get the same amount of points as the WR lol. What was the reason that the WR points have been removed from legacies? Ah, so a 50K score lower on 01 to get the same points as the WR lol

Isn't this very close with the point system back to '07-'08 with the only difference that back then you were getting a WR with 4way 05?

This is how I look at it also.

I don't agree to reward 3-4way with so many points. I do agree to reward the guys who bench these setups(not legacies) but 300 points are too many. I see 3DMark11 and Vantage in 2016...I only see one top score on each and these are because of the new CPUs.

I agree to increase the hw points but not to 40. Now they are 20 just increase them to 25 and you see how it goes and maybe next year we can increase them to 30.

What's going on with the GL points? Now I see 3 or 4 VGAs 05(almost stock cards) they get the same amount of points as the WR lol. What was the reason that the WR points have been removed from legacies? Ah, so a 50K score lower on 01 to get the same points as the WR lol

Also, another thing I can't understand why we should proceed with many changes in one time?

Why don't we agree on ONE change, make it, see how it is and then the second one...the third one etc.

ya I agree with this, it feels like way too many changes at once. We should ease into it a little more.

It's so weird though, I have been benching so much the past few months and last month on uat server I dropped 20 places in extreme and 50 in worldwide. Maybe it more accurately reflects my real place but I havent been doing things a lot differently then everyone else does.

I dont have 40 good hardware subs so that really hurt me and with the current system and the money I have, 2d benching gives me more points so now all of the sudden my top 20 is all 2d, so that hurts me also. I guess if I love 3d then I should be happy, just need to climb the ranks over again.

The way i suggested the oc league calculation points is to ensure the 3D a fair recognition, because everyone here knows that if we keep giving same points weight to 2d and 3d then MANY guys from Elite and Extreme league will give up from Hwbot and look to something else away from here (sorry to say the truth).

Keep the 2d, but give the 3d a better global points weight, that's how i see a promising future to Hwbot.

Edited by Casanova