HWBOT Community Forums

World Tour 2016 General Information

Massman

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which makes me wonder - has HWBot worked with any of the nearby hotels to get better room rates by chance? Or is there some sort of particular crash space available for those with a HWBot World Tour ticket?

We didn't look for that part of the logistics this year, but if there's a large group who wants to go to one specific hotel in the area I have no problem to help organize a "group buy" and maybe try to get a lower price per room.

@Trouffman, do you know of any affordable places around Montreal we could contact for this?

• 2 months later...
2 in Asia but none in Australia is very disheartening

// not confirmed //

We may have found a good venue in Singapore in early Q4. Would that be something that suits the Australian overclockers who want to participate? The reason I'm asking is because the flight costs with Flyscoot seem quite alright from Australia:

• Adelaide: ~ AUD $750 return
  • Brisbane: ~ AUD $800 return
  • Melbourne: ~ AUD $430 return
  • Perth: ~ AUD $370 return
  • Sydney: ~ AUD $480 return

I know it's not exactly the same like going to Australia, but apart from Adelaide and Brisbane I guess the travel is bearable? Any feedback would be much appreciated :)

// not confirmed //

We may have found a good venue in Singapore in early Q4.

I know it's not exactly the same like going to Australia, but apart from Adelaide and Brisbane I guess the travel is bearable? Any feedback would be much appreciated :)

With Q4, just note the formula one weekend in Singapore, that weekend is bad for flights and hotel prices. 16/17/18 Sep. (EDIT)

I'm not totally aposed to it, because honestly I've paid not much more for my trips to Adelaide and Cairns for team meet ups before, and I can crash with friends in Singapore for cheap/free accommodation. Only issue would be increased costs for checked in luggage, but if hwbot can supply the main problems of monitors/psus etc., it's a better option.

So yeah, if it happens, I'll consider it, but costs + time from work would be up in the air for me. But if I can't make it to Computex, I'd highly consider Singapore.

Edited by FatBoyNotSoSlim

// not confirmed //

We may have found a good venue in Singapore in early Q4. Would that be something that suits the Australian overclockers who want to participate? The reason I'm asking is because the flight costs with Flyscoot seem quite alright from Australia:

Those prices are pretty reasonable but for me at least I guess domestic to Melbourne first would be cheaper and depending on accommodation it might be possible

// not confirmed //

Can you give us a rough idea on area, so we can look at Hotel prices as well? I'm certainly keen and I'm sure a couple of others are as well. Just need to figure out complete costs.

How many days do these things normally go for?

• 4 weeks later...

Have you considered Bangkok Thailand for the South East Asia part of the tour?

Flights from Australia are affordable, Hotels are as well as living expenses. Ln2 you can get 180L pressure tanks filled with 7 day rental for 4,000THB or roughly 50 cents US / L.

Venue I am not sure off but maybe Zolkorn can help with that.

Just something to think about if Singapore is not confirmed yet.

Have you considered Bangkok Thailand for the South East Asia part of the tour?

Flights from Australia are affordable, Hotels are as well as living expenses. Ln2 you can get 180L pressure tanks filled with 7 day rental for 4,000THB or roughly 50 cents US / L.

Venue I am not sure off but maybe Zolkorn can help with that.

Just something to think about if Singapore is not confirmed yet.

Personally I'm not against Indonesia but I'd prefer Singapore because they speak English and i won't need a visa plus living costs and Australian dollar to Singapore is almost one to one which makes it more like a holiday in Australia which for someone like me who has never been overseas makes things a lot easier

Either way i plan on coming if it happens

Personally I'm not against Indonesia but I'd prefer Singapore because they speak English and i won't need a visa plus living costs and Australian dollar to Singapore is almost one to one which makes it more like a holiday in Australia which for someone like me who has never been overseas makes things a lot easier

Either way i plan on coming if it happens

Actually I am talking about bangkok Thailand... Aussies dont need a visa to vist thailand for up to 30days, you just get a stamp for 30 days at immgration check point at the airport. Also the aussie dollar goes further here than it would in Singapore. As and Australian, who has lived in thailand for 12 years and traveled around South East Asia, expenses here would be noticably cheaper than Singapore from experience. But you do have point about English but numerous Thai's involded in industries such as computing and travel speak decent english, well enough to handle all the needs

Actually I am talking about bangkok Thailand... Aussies dont need a visa to vist thailand for up to 30days, you just get a stamp for 30 days at immgration check point at the airport. Also the aussie dollar goes further here than it would in Singapore. As and Australian, who has lived in thailand for 12 years and traveled around South East Asia, expenses here would be noticably cheaper than Singapore from experience. But you do have point about English but numerous Thai's involded in industries such as computing and travel speak decent english, well enough to handle all the needs

My bad as for whatever reason I got Indonesia and Thailand confused